Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Membership scheme announced...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If we had 50 or 60k fans wanting to see us week in week out, fair enough.

We don't. We struggled to sell out for our play-off semi final WITHOUT making people cough up £30 EXTRA to buy tickets to our matches. There is simply no need for such a scheme until we are established in the Premier League. If people want a ticket that badly, they can easily get one every week. Balls to the 'increased efficiency' boll*cks. It's just Barber fleecing the fans AGAIN.

F*ck him.

That improving efficiency line is odd. They have a fan database which they can cut by loyalty points, and 1901 membership and other groups already. How does adding a new membership variable alter efficiency?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If it is,for example, 2 pounds a month as an extra to the season tkt dd then it could be quite a money spinner for the club, and a small help towards FFP.

Very glad they are not making the repeat mistake of using the word 'loyalty' in the name.

I'll wait for the details before being negative on this one.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If it is,for example, 2 pounds a month as an extra to the season tkt dd then it could be quite a money spinner for the club, and a small help towards FFP.

Very glad they are not making the repeat mistake of using the word 'loyalty' in the name.

Then why not just put the season ticket price up by an extra £24 when the renewal date came around? I agree, it's not a lot, but if it affects STH's it's a cowardly extra - having a season ticket should make you as much of a member as anything.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I'll wait for the details before being negative on this one.[/QUOTE]

As this not going slate anyone until I have seen full details and costs if any.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

Trying all they can to get a certain someone the budget they need?!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Should be Seagulls Flight Club, and the units should be miles.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'm already spending more than I can afford on my three season tickets. Often (but not so much now) I also spend more than I can afford in the club shop, and on matchday programmes, and on pies, pints and burgers.

Whatever extra tier of expense the club is imagining, it will not involve me. The money just isn't there.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I just knew this was coming.

With only a few thousand tickets available for general sale to fans who, like me, are unable to justify buying season tickets, this plays perfectly on our fears of missing out on tickets for big games.

Pay £20 - £30 for a membership that buys you the right to be at the front of the queue to buy a ticket for a big match.

It's just wringing every last penny from the 'customers' isn't it?

Have we ever needed this before?

I personally like to sit with people I know at the match so it would mean me and all my friends and family buying memberships if we wanted big match tickets together.

It's sad to see as it is so unimaginative - let's just follow the likes of Spurs / Arsenal.

Well we are not Spurs / Arsenal - we are Brighton & Hove Albion and we are better than this.

It's all very well when the club are on the up - but what happens when we are on a down and only half filling the Amex?

And all the real fans have become customers who feel they have been taken for a ride.

We more than most know the club doesn't exist without the fans. It feels like the club themselves are losing sight of that!

Sad.

*rant over*

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

This. We could all be jumping to the wrong conclusions and its not worth throwing a wobbly until we know all the details.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
This. We could all be jumping to the wrong conclusions and its not worth throwing a wobbly until we know all the details.

If it wasn't going to cost it would say that in the release.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I hate having the piss taken out of me. This is a blatant opportunity to exploit fans and treat us as if we are thick. Asking for a vote is a transparent ploy to make us feel as if we have some ownership in the decision making. I was in a good mood when I got in from work!!!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I'm already a Blue member, I thought that was for life? Not mine obviously. :timmy:

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
I can't help wondering why they haven't released the full details? Barber's email last week mentioned a new scheme was coming and now we have a vague sense of what it might be. The cynic in me can't help wonder whether this is the club testing the water and gauging what the reaction is before tweaking the final scheme/cost levels?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm already a Blue member, I thought that was for life? Not mine obviously. :timmy:

No. Even the old LIFETIME membership scheme of 10+ years ago was nothing of the sort and a con wriggled out of by the club on semantics.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I can't help wondering why they haven't released the full details? Barber's email last week mentioned a new scheme was coming and now we have a vague sense of what it might be. The cynic in me can't help wonder whether this is the club testing the water and gauging what the reaction is before tweaking the final scheme/cost levels?

They knew what the reaction was going to be. This thread is exactly it. Resentment at a paid scheme, and general cynicism about the desire to do anything other than get more cash out of the fans.

How long until the justification for the scheme is the standard of player on the pitch? Can't have everything, I suppose...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Squeezing the pips, thereby creating ill will against the club, for the sake of what, 1-2 big games a year? Seems disproportionate and counterproductive. Even if there's no big boycott or anything (although I wouldn't have a big problem if there was), I just can't see this being successful.

What's his next attempt at squeezing the pips going to consist of?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here