Votes: 143 30.1%
  • meh

Votes: 251 52.8%

• Total voters

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
My take on it is they made the break and good luck to them. They could have and will have a very comfortable life. But why feel the need to drag everything up with this interview. I think most people respected their decision to make a go of it on their own. This will now bring a massive shit storm on them. Silly if you ask me.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Harry’s Mum was killed whilst being hunted down by a pack of paparazzi. One even shoved his camera in the car wreckage and grabbed a shot of her dying.

If I was him, I’d not be too interested about living in this Country, being part of the Royal institution or having the press buzzing around me and my young family 24/7.

I hope that he and his beautiful wife can find peace and happiness in the States now.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I'm interested to hear more about your "toxic attention seeker" theory. I presume you mean that the UK media showed absolutely no interest in any tittle tattle royal stories until she turned-up with her American show-boating ways.

That`s the point as it has turned out that`s exactly what she has done , what would you call dragging a Prince and by association a Royal family through the scrutiny of an American chat show renowned for it`s love of drama and sensationalism . Her own country had no interest in her beyond an occasional mention in passing until her connection to the Royals , and she lost no time in using that to play the poor abused victim card on bloody Oprah ! . Sometimes it`s not just what you say but how you say it , and even the small clips released so far hint at a stitch up on a Hollywood scale with ...guess who as the leading lady ? .

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Harry’s Mum was killed whilst being hunted down by a pack of paparazzi. One even shoved his camera in the car wreckage and grabbed a shot of her dying.

If I was him, I’d not be too interested about living in this Country, being part of the Royal institution or having the press buzzing around me and my young family 24/7.

I hope that he and his beautiful wife can find peace and happiness in the States now.

I agree with this but rather than fan the press flames with a series of lucrative ‘tell all’ interviews why not just sit back in the Californian sunshine and enjoy your millions with your family?

This whole thing seems to be attracting the exact kind of attention he wants to avoid for his family and puts them further in the limelight at a time they should be enjoying their latest news (not to mention protecting your wife in the early stages of pregnancy).

No good will come of this series of interviews and think it’s a big mistake from a couple who would have been better off focusing on their new life than looking back and digging it all back up on TV

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's all part of the giant chess match that is currently being played by some very powerful people.
Somewhere along the way the establishment will want the chess piece that is Prince Andrew to be moved and protected.

In the meantime Harry and Meghan will slowly get tossed around and battered by the mainstream British media.
People like Nicholas Witchell should not be allowed on the BBC which is supposed to be an unbiased organisation.

The older I have become, the more I have grown to resent the British class system. If I could wind the clock back 40 years I would head to New Zealand or Canada.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Shame he is using the press in that case don’t you think? You’d think he’d be more circumspect.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Well, we’ll see after this very ill timed whinge (I am just guessing here on the whinge bit) on Monday

You think all is hunky dory presumably?

Appears to me that he/his wife/both of them have pissed the “Firm” off big time

I’d appreciate an announcement that they’ll bin the Duke and Duchess of Sussex titles as they make a new life for themselves away from the Royal Family, though it’s not going to happen is it?

I have no problem with them walking away from being Royalty but they it seems to me they want to hang on to the bits that suit.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This gives a measured view

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Pringles time

It’s from last year but he’s well respected by all the Royals and close to them including Harry. He is obviously very sad about it but comes over really sincere. Sooner listen to him than some of the Royal correspondent idiots

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

After the death of his Mother, he was happy to live in this country and be part of the Royal institution. He represented his country with civility and with honour and respected his position of being born into service. He worked diligently for all patronages that he represented. He had a close relationship with his brother and the rest of the Royal Family. He was generally loved and respected by the general public.
I'll let you decide why all that has changed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well, we’ll see after this very ill timed whinge (I am just guessing here on the whinge bit) on Monday

You think all is hunky dory presumably?

Appears to me that he/his wife/both of them have pissed the “Firm” off big time

I’d appreciate an announcement that they’ll bin the Duke and Duchess of Sussex titles as they make a new life for themselves away from the Royal Family, though it’s not going to happen is it?

I have no problem with them walking away from being Royalty but they it seems to me they want to hang on to the bits that suit.

No, I think all we know is other people’s opinions.
The Queen gave them their titles and only she can remove them. Her father gave his brother the titles of Duke & Duchess of Windsor, and didn’t remove them, so why should she?
The Duke of York has stepped back from duties but not had his title removed.
They have given up their HRH status, but it seems that’s not good enough for some.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I agree with this but rather than fan the press flames with a series of lucrative ‘tell all’ interviews why not just sit back in the Californian sunshine and enjoy your millions with your family?

This whole thing seems to be attracting the exact kind of attention he wants to avoid for his family and puts them further in the limelight at a time they should be enjoying their latest news (not to mention protecting your wife in the early stages of pregnancy).

No good will come of this series of interviews and think it’s a big mistake from a couple who would have been better off focusing on their new life than looking back and digging it all back up on TV

exactly. dont want media intrusion, then promptly have high profile interview and large media campaign. they arent even trying to lead a quiet life.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Measured? From the Sun?

As measured as the BBC for some things. It is an interview watch it and if you think it’s biased Sun sensational crap feel free to come back and say so.

Not everything all the time is made up you know. Problem is some have a blinkered view that clouds a measured view in life.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No, I think all we know is other people’s opinions.
The Queen gave them their titles and only she can remove them. Her father gave his brother the titles of Duke & Duchess of Windsor, and didn’t remove them, so why should she?
The Duke of York has stepped back from duties but not had his title removed.
They have given up their HRH status, but it seems that’s not good enough for some.

Big difference is that the Duke of Windsor wanted to stay involved in the Royal Family even though he had given up his throne because he couldn’t keep it if he married the woman he loved. Harry seems to want nothing to do with the Royal Family other than using his titles for his own (financial) benefit.

Big difference imo as Harry wasn’t told he couldn’t marry the woman he loved. Milked the bonus’ too before he semi quit

He is either in or out so why not walk way and rescind all titles and benefits?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here