• meh

Votes: 251 52.8%

• Total voters

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
d6182d96e9d50ddfee21f8456ed3d10e.jpg

Modern day Agatha Christie novel, featuring Miss Markle.......

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Team Liz & GB

Mess with Grannie and you mess with the whole family. Mess with the whole family and you mess with the whole NATION!

It’s why they’ve been banished to America. Now they’re like a couple of annoying canaries that won’t go away. It’ll end in tears. But then they’re determined to star in their own soap opera so they better be prepared for the inevitable duff duffs.

Not me, and probably not most people who really don't care for the ongoing pantomime.

My only interest is seeing the press forced to print front page apologies. Hope it starts a trend.

You see, this country is run by big business and the press. Those are the institutions that need to be pulled down a peg or two. Or at least be accountable for their actions.

I think you'll find that percentage of folk who think the Royal Family is relevant other than as a tool for the economy is quite high.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not me, and probably not most people who really don't care for the ongoing pantomime.

My only interest is seeing the press forced to print front-page apologies. Hope it starts a trend.

You see, this country is run by big business and the press. Those are the institutions that need to be pulled down a peg or two. Or at least be accountable for their actions.

I think you'll find that percentage of folk who think the Royal Family is relevant other than as a tool for the economy is quite high.

Having a Royal Family gives credence to the lie that Great Britain needs a ruling class.

Most people understand that the idea of a ruling class is flawed but somehow those privately educated toffs continue to be over-represented in parliament.

Almost like something else is influencing our decisions. As has been mentioned, the only sane answer to this poll is "I don't know I've never met her' . Otherwise we are really just basing our answers on the image created by the battle between her expensively assembled PR team and the whims of the gutter press and their motivations. Neither are going to give us an accurate view of the woman.

Still who really gives a shit what she is like. we are provided something to gossip and snark about.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I think it's to Britain's great shame that the establishment and a large section of the public couldn't accept having a woman of mixed heritage as a member of the royal family. And ignore all the other twaddle and excuses, that is what it boils down to. What a missed opportunity to demonstrate that modern Britain is a sophisticated and tolerant society. I suppose that as with Brexit the ignorant have triumphed again...

So most of the UK are racist and we all talk twaddle because everyone has insulted your pin-up girl , if the Royal family had wanted to keep her out they would have as they did with Chelsea ( sorry cant recall her last name ) . The woman is a toxic attention seeker , no one wanted to know her in her own country ...until ?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I find it uncomfortable how much the press are gunning for them to be honest.

I can't say I necessarily agree with what they've done but the way the media have such an agenda is shocking really. Don't really care for the outrage, Harry has been through a lot so good luck to him if he wants to try something different with his (fit) wife.

It's hard to know where to go for balanced news these days

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
So most of the UK are racist and we all talk twaddle because everyone has insulted your pin-up girl , if the Royal family had wanted to keep her out they would have as they did with Chelsea ( sorry cant recall her last name ) . The woman is a toxic attention seeker , no one wanted to know her in her own country ...until ?

I'm interested to hear more about your "toxic attention seeker" theory. I presume you mean that the UK media showed absolutely no interest in any tittle tattle royal stories until she turned-up with her American show-boating ways.

I don’t get this poll, surely a more relevant one is whether Piers Moron is trying to stir up all the closet racists to keep his shitty profile high, yes, no, maybe, of course he ****ing is

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I can't say I necessarily agree with what they've done but the way the media have such an agenda is shocking really. Don't really care for the outrage, Harry has been through a lot so good luck to him if he wants to try something different with his (fit) wife.

I think the problem with these stories (and so many more about the royals) is that there really is no where to go for balanced news about them. This is because 95% of it is not news because nothing really happens. The 5% of it that is news gets so blown out of proportion, sensationalized and beaten to death with a dead horse that it becomes meaningless. I mean how the **** is someone liking avocados news??

Ultimately though, we as a society have some control over this. The problem is that people lap this shit up for some reason (here we all are discussing a woman that none of us really know anything about). "the public wants what the public gets' always springs to mind here.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Had some time this evening so attempted to find some good reporting on this, very hard to find if honest as most is biased one way or the other. There's some real toxic rubbish being written by her "celeb" friends on Twitter towards us and as a country and the Royals. I do find it hard to comprehend that Americans can believe they are more tolerant than us, really I mean FFS.

Also many are saying how outdated it all is blah blah. Well I'm sorry it has the square root of **** all to do with them.

I'm not a Royalist but neither do I want them to disband as they do give the country a figure head in a non-political sense (well almost)

From what I can garner from the tripe written she was very happy until she had the realisation that once in the Royal Family she lost the freedom to continue her media circus and that she was far down the pecking order. Post wedding she become a third rate Royal overnight dictated to where, how and when she was seen.

Undoubtedly she was made aware of requirements but felt she could change it, the powers that be would not allow it. Harry tried but her mind was made up. The situation was untenable for all parties and Harry's falling out with his brother must again have been about his role in the future.

They should have left and enjoyed their lives in the USA but being they love the attention of a one way media they decided on this. Not sure she realises who she is dealing with, it will all end in tears her end.

The best piece I've seen is from the Arthur Edwards who not just photo's the Royals. knows them all really well and has all of their respect and he is deeply upset and says the change in Harry has centred completely around her influence, not in a good way.

Harry's now between a rock and a hard place, Meghan's gone over the cliff. The car was driven by a golfer.

After all that do I care? Not really I was just bored.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Had some time this evening so attempted to find some good reporting on this, very hard to find if honest as most is biased one way or the other. There's some real toxic rubbish being written by her "celeb" friends on Twitter towards us and as a country and the Royals. I do find it hard to comprehend that Americans can believe they are more tolerant than us, really I mean FFS.

Also many are saying how outdated it all is blah blah. Well I'm sorry it has the square root of **** all to do with them.

I'm not a Royalist but neither do I want them to disband as they do give the country a figure head in a non-political sense (well almost)

From what I can garner from the tripe written she was very happy until she had the realisation that once in the Royal Family she lost the freedom to continue her media circus and that she was far down the pecking order. Post wedding she become a third rate Royal overnight dictated to where, how and when she was seen.

Undoubtedly she was made aware of requirements but felt she could change it, the powers that be would not allow it. Harry tried but her mind was made up. The situation was untenable for all parties and Harry's falling out with his brother must again have been about his role in the future.

They should have left and enjoyed their lives in the USA but being they love the attention of a one way media they decided on this. Not sure she realises who she is dealing with, it will all end in tears her end.

The best piece I've seen is from the Arthur Edwards who not just photo's the Royals. knows them all really well and has all of their respect and he is deeply upset and says the change in Harry has centred completely around her influence, not in a good way.

Harry's now between a rock and a hard place, Meghan's gone over the cliff. The car was driven by a golfer.

After all that do I care? Not really I was just bored.

Thanks for that i don`t follow the Royals , but that explains a lot of what we are now seeing and as you say what`s probably on the horizon . It`s a shame but it`s tough to see a happy ending , i`m just amazed Harry could ever think MM would ever tow the " party line " . As a cynic i find it hard to believe she wasn`t aware of what she was doing and what the likely outcome would be every step of the way .

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thanks for that i don`t follow the Royals , but that explains a lot of what we are now seeing and as you say what`s probably on the horizon . It`s a shame but it`s tough to see a happy ending , i`m just amazed Harry could ever think MM would ever tow the " party line " . As a cynic i find it hard to believe she wasn`t aware of what she was doing and what the likely outcome would be every step of the way .

I think the only thing she my not have appreciated was just how controlled she'd be. I can imagine someone who was already known as her beloved friends call her ,a strong woman. this smacked her full in the face. It is then perfectly reasonable to assume when confronted by a private secretary or aide about her duties she become very stroppy.

When Harry was asked if he was controlled? Meghan answered no he isn't

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I think the only thing she my not have appreciated was just how controlled she'd be. I can imagine someone who was already known as her beloved friends call her ,a strong woman. this smacked her full in the face. It is then perfectly reasonable to assume when confronted by a private secretary or aide about her duties she become very stroppy.

When Harry was asked if he was controlled? Meghan answered no he isn't

Says it all .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Listen to what Harry said about the press, years before he met Meghan.

[tweet]1365738631126798344[/tweet]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t get this poll, surely a more relevant one is whether Piers Moron is trying to stir up all the closet racists to keep his shitty profile high, yes, no, maybe, of course he ****ing is

Everyone seems to watch him though? I don’t but from what I have seen of him the decking by Clarkson seems justified

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Listen to what Harry said about the press, years before he met Meghan.

[tweet]1365738631126798344[/tweet]

It’s moved on from the press now though. He’s at war with his family isn’t he, and if he isn’t he’s about to be imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here