U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Such tragic news ruins an extraordinary evening
RIP

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
People were complaining about the wait, I told them someone had been taken seriously ill but they didn't care. Just gave a young steward a mouthful about having to wait. I don't understand some people.

Absolutely tragic news. RIP.

Terribly sad.

RIP

A shame that not all were respectful, but I have also seen tweets that many were

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I saw the paramedics clearing away their gear on the opposite platform, little did i know why. I was happy and i hope the poor chap did not suffer and died with the thoughts of the great night that he had just witnessed.

el punal

People were complaining about the wait, I told them someone had been taken seriously ill but they didn't care. Just gave a young steward a mouthful about having to wait. I don't understand some people.

Absolutely tragic news. RIP.

Unfortunately, with some people, if they are not witness to a tragedy and delayed because of it it is just an inconvenience. Agree with you though that a bit of sensitivity wouldn't go amiss. Perhaps they'll reflect on this awful news this morning.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Awful news - thoughts and prayers are with his nearest and dearest.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think I saw somewhere that this chap was 93 or something. Not saying it's any better but at least he was a decent age and it wasn't someone much younger. I hope you know what I mean when I write this as I don't mean any disrespect.
RIP Sir x

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Think I saw somewhere that this chap was 93 or something. Not saying it's any better but at least he was a decent age and it wasn't someone much younger. I hope you know what I mean when I write this as I don't mean any disrespect.
RIP Sir x
I hope he was as old as that, it's a good age. If I make it to 93 and go out after seeing us win 5-0, it could be worse. Although I would be annoyed I didn't see us promoted.

The emergency services dealt with the incident immaculately -- not least by caring for the person's wheelchair-bound friend who was (naturally) deeply distressed. One police officer in particular knelt down by the person's friend, held his hand, and comforted him. It was deeply moving, and a huge credit to that officer and his colleagues.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
RIP Sir x

Absolutely understand this - if I go at a 93, still able to get to a game at that age, and shuffle off this mortal coil after watching my team win 5-0 when the pressure is on at the top of the league with a performance like that, I can't think of many better ways to go.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was bbc Sussex btw - 92 years old.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Absolutely understand this - if I go at a 93, still able to get to a game at that age, and shuffle off this mortal coil after watching my team win 5-0 when the pressure is on at the top of the league with a performance like that, I can't think of many better ways to go.
Agreed.

I hope his family can take some solace in the fact that he would have enjoyed seeing his team dish out such a performance.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It's no consolation to his family, but he had a great night of entertaining football. RIP

l do honestly think it will be of some comfort to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here