Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Meanwhile, over at Enormous Leeds….

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Leeds is a great city. My experience of away games over the years has been that the more the town/city is a provincial shithole - Burnley, Stoke etc. - the more the fans are ignorant racist homophobes. Leeds is the exception.
You mean Leeds isn't a shithole???

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The 'general vibe here' seems to be that Leeds is a caricature of a grimy northern city, a bit like many of their fans probably having an equally lazy caricature of what Brighton and Brighton fans are like. All a bit silly.
Sorry I was wrong, of course it's silly, childish and juvenile - that's the NSC way!!!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’ve worked in Leeds City centre and it’s really impressive with upmarket shopping centres, great bars and restaurants. Never got outside the “loop” the road surrounding the centre, apart from coming in and leaving.
We were planning to move to Leeds a few years ago, North of the city in the Roundhay area is lovely.

el punal

Yeah, I was surprised at this: Leeds is a pretty decent place to visit (and live in). Didn't this happen earlier in the season when someone was signing for Villa and did a runner when they saw Birmingham? To be fair, that is more understandable.

But yes, I reckon a lot of foreign players must think all our clubs are in London, or just outside.
We’re okay then as we’re considered to be London-by-the-sea.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well something obviously left him unimpressed.
I guess they didn't take him to the good parts.
Well, as usual, there is absolutely no evidence he was put off when he visited the place.

Leeds United are saying it was because the demands changed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’ve worked in Leeds City centre and it’s really impressive with upmarket shopping centres, great bars and restaurants. Never got outside the “loop” the road surrounding the centre, apart from coming in and leaving.
They’ve even got a Harvey Nicks.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well, as usual, there is absolutely no evidence he was put off when he visited the place.

Leeds United are saying it was because the demands changed.
“I demand not to live in Leeds”

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
harry-enfield-been-to-leeds.gif

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Leeds won't be worried. As indeed they won't be worried about losing Championship matches. It's Europe they're focussing on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here