Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Meanwhile, over at Enormous Leeds….

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But are they more HUGE than MASSIVE?

Or just enormous?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've only been to Leeds once, but I thought it was shi... alright, actually :shrug:

Mind you, that was about 25 years ago!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I loved this on MOTogether

IMG_0803.jpeg

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Lived in Leeds for a while. Like most places, it has some great and some grotty bits, and is surrounded by some lovely countryside. You could live a very nice life there if you chose the right area.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Can't stand the football club or their fans so could understand if that or Elland Road put him off but Leeds is a good city in fairness.

Maybe he thought it was in London!
Leeds is a great city. My experience of away games over the years has been that the more the town/city is a provincial shithole - Burnley, Stoke etc. - the more the fans are ignorant racist homophobes. Leeds is the exception.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Also meanwhile, still living in Chelsea fans heads.

el punal

He was invited to some traditional native dancing apparently. Eight men of considerable girth took off white shirts to display their illustrated bodies. The leader then picked up his shirt twirled it around his head and his cohorts followed suit chanting in tongues proclaiming “We are Leeds! We are Leeds!” and other chants about “Yuksher”.

Nadiem Amiri left soon after in a state of flux and caught the first flight back to Germany.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can't stand the football club or their fans so could understand if that or Elland Road put him off but Leeds is a good city in fairness.

Maybe he thought it was in London!
Yeah, I was surprised at this: Leeds is a pretty decent place to visit (and live in). Didn't this happen earlier in the season when someone was signing for Villa and did a runner when they saw Birmingham? To be fair, that is more understandable.

But yes, I reckon a lot of foreign players must think all our clubs are in London, or just outside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here