Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McLaren leaves Derby

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well I see McLaren has taken some stick on here, and we are all entitled to our various opinions. But for me he's a good manager and I would have loved to have had him here. But like everything in life it's being in the right place at the right time. So I'll keep my fingers crossed that CH can turn this around.

ps....I'd love to see Darren Bent here next season. Surely TB's got the message now that quality is seldom cheap!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well I see McLaren has taken some stick on here, and we are all entitled to our various opinions. But for me he's a good manager and I would have loved to have had him here. But like everything in life it's being in the right place at the right time. So I'll keep my fingers crossed that CH can turn this around.

ps....I'd love to see Darren Bent here next season. Surely TB's got the message now that quality is seldom cheap!

I think the main stick was his extremely poor interview after we beat them. All our fans that night admitted we deserved to lose but Steve took it to a new level and criticised our goals rather arrogantly. Can't understand why they'd sack him though - Derby were terrific until their untimely late blip. They were def the best team to come to the Amex all season IMO...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here