Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McLaren leaves Derby

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Because you believe any old bollocks you are told and pass it off as fact. I am pretty certain people have realised this and tell you false rumours just to see how quickly you pass them off as gospel when it would be easy to check if they were true or not.
Why not take the piss out of the OP then? Mcclaren is still at Derby.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Over the last couple of years Derby were one of the best teams that we played. Their football was fantastic. They failed to go up through having all their forwards out injured. I would love it if we could play like that.

Feel exactly the same way, I'd much rather have McLaren than Hughton as manager here.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Their season fell apart when he was offered Toon. Promised to stay loyal to the end of the season (hence Carver) but it's never the same

Why didn't Brentford's season fall apart once they knew that their manager was off?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Time to buy another one of these Steve!

article-0-02A97D8B000004B0-965_306x474.jpg

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Why would Paul Clement settle for Derby surely his stock and reputation is worth better than that.

Big club with very wealthy backers who appear to be willing to spend what it takes. Lucky buggers. Their lean times seem to be behind the, and although they imploded at the end of the season, I'll wager they come back better and stronger next season. They won't be offloading all their star players....

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Presumably they didn't spend enough this season then.

Ummm let me think...would I have been about 100 times more entertained watching Derby rather than Brighton over the last two seasons...Getting to the Premier League really isn't such a big deal to me, being entertained is far more important. Derby have a philosophy on how to play football that is light years ahead of the way we have been playing recently. I'd rather give them credit than criticise. The Albion are the club who need to sort themselves out on the field, not Derby.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
He took a helluva time packing his bags :lol:

Must've had a lot of brollies to roll up.
I'll stick with my opening post that he was sacked the other day . They just seem to have taken a long time to announce it, I havent seen the official announcement, did they dress it up as "mutual consent"?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He has had his chance and failed, can't blame the club, expect more like this to come.That's football.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Ancelloti has been sacked byReal, could give them a better chance of getting Clements

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Ummm let me think...would I have been about 100 times more entertained watching Derby rather than Brighton over the last two seasons...Getting to the Premier League really isn't such a big deal to me, being entertained is far more important. Derby have a philosophy on how to play football that is light years ahead of the way we have been playing recently. I'd rather give them credit than criticise. The Albion are the club who need to sort themselves out on the field, not Derby.
I wouldnt want their defensive philosophy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here