Mcghee out banner

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Sid James said:
Which on results and likely relegation is absolutely correct, but that doesn't mean he isn't capable of then taking us forwards again. If he doesn't, then he goes.

And that doesn't mean I don't care or not think that relegation is a bad thing, just that it isn't exactly the big surprise of this season.

I do think relegation is an issue this season, as everything was in place to move slightly forward this season. However the lack of plan B on Saturday suggests that he is running out of ideas on how to get us out of this. How often has a manager got a club back up from the divsion below what we are in now? There is a real danger that any air of despondency is carried through to next season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Buck said:
There is a real danger that any air of despondency is carried through to next season.
Not true - you forget that results won't matter at the beginning of next season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sid James said:
I would agree with the numbers, but probably add another ( pacier ) central defender as well.

That is funny though because on this thread this morning you said:

"The SQUAD is GOOD enough. The Manager ISNT. Plain and Simple."

Sorry it's a bit petty, but are we short of players or not ?

Yep the SQUAD is good enough to be about 6th from bottom. To be comfortable we need those 2 or 3 players.

But as it stands I still maintain that PLAYER for PLAYER we are no worse than Stoke, Plymouth or QPR.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Simster said:
Not true - you forget that results won't matter at the beginning of next season.

Yes this is true because someone with a wealth of football knowledge told me.

E

enigma

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Yep the SQUAD is good enough to be about 6th from bottom. To be comfortable we need those 2 or 3 players.

But as it stands I still maintain that PLAYER for PLAYER we are no worse than Stoke, Plymouth or QPR.

Plymouth arent that good, but QPR and Stoke have some very good players, Hoefkens, Bangoura, Shittu spring to mind.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Touche sir.

Actually we must be due a few hours of name calling....

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I thought you were fishing a few posts back.

It will be tricky to bounce back ( if required ) next season but hope springs eternal.

If not, then I might be posting you with my tail between my legs asking if I can join your gang !

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
enigma said:
Plymouth arent that good, but QPR and Stoke have some very good players, Hoefkens, Bangoura, Shittu spring to mind.

My point exactly and it looks like they (Plymouth) will avoid relegation comfortably this year. Due to a change of manager as they were real shit when they played us in August.

For a Shittu we have McShane etc etc.

E

enigma

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
My point exactly and it looks like they (Plymouth) will avoid relegation comfortably this year. Due to a change of manager as they were real shit when they played us in August.

For a Shittu we have McShane etc etc.

Okay Plymouth I agree with you, Tony Pulis has done a good job.

But QPR and Stoke have better teams all round than us, especially QPR. Shittu is better than McShane in my opinion, but my general point is look at their squad and look at ours and I know whose squad I would rather have.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
enigma said:
Okay Plymouth I agree with you, Tony Pulis has done a good job.

But QPR and Stoke have better teams all round than us, especially QPR. Shittu is better than McShane in my opinion, but my general point is look at their squad and look at ours and I know whose squad I would rather have.
pulis has done a fantasic job down here.i will say 1 big difference between us and argyle is they have a real leader in wotton who gets them out of whole's with his goals as well something that with danny gonne and charlie injured we don't

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Good, so we're all agreed then,McGhee stays until things go tits-up next season?

Go on, hit me Rougvie!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Brixtaan said:
Good, so we're all agreed then,McGhee stays until things go tits-up next season?

Go on, hit me Rougvie!

Eh ?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Brixtaan said:
(petty insult,your forte?)

Not really, cant say I have ever had cause to 'petty insult' anyone on this board, other than the all knowing condecending placcy of course:)

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Brixtaan said:

Nope he goes NOW. A new boss still has (just) enough time to turn it round. But it shrinks by the day.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
i take that back, LETS AVE IT ! AND YER MATES:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports