Mcghee out banner

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Don't get me wrong, I'm not standing up and purporting to be a big fan of McGhees, quite the opposite I think the man possesses little or misguided tactical knowledge and have serious doubts if he is the man to take us forward. But the reality of him walking away and jacking it in or the likelihood of Knight sacking him are extremely remote given our lack of money and his remaining contract. It just seems pointless demonstrating against him at this late stage when we are almost certainties for the drop.

Saying that, I can understand the argument for getting rid of him now to get someone new in for next season...AAhhhhh I'm all confused now you bastards! I can't decide if I want him to stay or go now!!
:angry:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Uncle Buck said:
So due to the fact that it is difficult for us to compete financially, when we do have money, it makes it all the more frustrating that it is not invested wisely.

But when you have little money, you have to take gambles. Turienzo, Carole and Frutos were all gambles and two have paid off in my mind. Currie was a gamble and we got £250k back whereas Molango failed. That is how it works when you have a small budget.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Finchley Seagull said:
But that is Archer and Stanley's fault for selling the Goldstone. Not McGhee's as he has brought in £2.5 million on transfers since December 2004 and that has gone to keeping us alive. The only money he has wasted is on Turienzo and I am sure that the other clubs that you mentioned have wasted money too. My actual point was it is difficult for us to compete financially at this level and nothing you have said has disproved that.
I must say that I don't think sacking McGhee is the answer, but I'm completely pissed off at the fact we're so bad, we're playing the least attractive football we've played since Mickey Adams' first season and what little money we have had has been wasted. Sadly, I think paying up McGhee's contract is a waste of time as there aren't going to be any candidates who will jump at the chance and do a better job. But next season, I really do think we will be in league one, playing some shocking football and will end up finishing about 15th. Nothing McGhee has done makes me feel hopeful about next season. Nothing.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
But when you have little money, you have to take gambles. Turienzo, Carole and Frutos were all gambles and two have paid off in my mind. Currie was a gamble and we got £250k back whereas Molango failed. That is how it works when you have a small budget.

But that were strikers available in the summer such as Shipperly where no fee was needed and so some of that money could have been used on his wages and he is tested at this level.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Finchley Seagull said:
But when you have little money, you have to take gambles. Turienzo, Carole and Frutos were all gambles and two have paid off in my mind. Currie was a gamble and we got £250k back whereas Molango failed. That is how it works when you have a
small budget.

What do you mean little money? Answer me this question, where the f*** did the six figure bid come from for Tom Brighton?

Last edited:

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Lordbez said:
Harold said:
To be fair, it might not be just the players who react that way. This sort of behaviour would cause a rift between fans as well. The (in general) hot headed younger fans who misguidedly believe these are the bad times and calling for the managers head. The (again in general) older heads who believe we over achieved last season and that we will always struggle at this level without a level playing field income wise (no matter who the flippin manager or Chairman is).

The age of fans has nothing to do with it, I'm older and want him out, and I do remember some very dark days.

Your talking bollox.

I did caveat my opinion by saying 'in general'. If these times are darker than those dark days you remember, I'd be surprised. They are none the less flippin frustrating as we've been (are) damn close to being a side that needn't have had relegation worries this season. Just an improved striker away from being where Derby are or probably better. IMHO the manager had a stab are addressing last seasons poor strike rate, and he hasn't pulled it off. Hence the criticism. But banners before the battle is over, not helpful IMHO.

Perhaps if you don't want to appear to be a hothead you could limit your insulting language in replies.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Finchley Seagull said:
So because I support Mark McGhee I also supported the people who wrecked this club permanently. I have rarely read a more moronic post than this and it just shows your lack of understanding of the situation we are in. Whatever anybody thinks about Mark McGhee everything he does is with the intention of us winning whether it works or not.
Nicely twisted, that's not what I meant and you know it. I'm not even going to bother explaining as the point I was making was perfectly clear the first time, but if you want to stick your head in the sand and aviod the issue thats fine.

Uncle Buck said:
It was the complete lack of plan B that was the worry.

He made comments earlier in the season about how we were going to play this more attacking game with wingers, but it is not working, yet he seems to be too stubborn to admitt this and so is just carrying on.

While we had the wingers on we were winning 1-0. Rightly, with Crewe stretching us with their passing, he sacrificed one of them and brought on Hammond to give us more bite in midfield and to try and break up the Crewe attacks. When that didn't prove good enough and we went behind, he then sacrificed the hard-working stalwart Hart for Carole in the hope that we could get a good 25 minutes out of our best (but barefuly fit) attacking player.

He used his available options but they just weren't good enough, yet you still complain he does nothing. It really is tantamount to lying Bucky :shootself

Half the time you Magoo outers say he tinkers too much with his changes, the other half of the time you say he is too stubborn and does nothing. You can't even get the story straight among one of you, never mind all of you!

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Rougvie said:
1. He did spend £150K on a striker that hasnt played, thats NOT McGhee's fault (that he hasnt played) but it is a so called 'constraint' that Adams and Coppell woud have been happy to put up with.

2. Actually Crewe for many years had to endure a stadium that was tiny, had the smallest away allocation in the old Div One/Two and it took them ages to raise the cash for ground improvements, but at that time seemed capable of punching above their weight.

He may have had £150k but not enough wage budget to pay for a proven player of that price, and how many minutes has turenzo played in the league in one go???

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
While we had the wingers on we were winning 1-0. Rightly, with Crewe stretching us with their passing, he sacrificed one of them and brought on Hammond to give us more bite in midfield and to try and break up the Crewe attacks. When that didn't prove good enough and we went behind, he then sacrificed the hard-working stalwart Hart for Carole in the hope that we could get a good 25 minutes out of our best (but barefuly fit) attacking player.

He used his available options but they just weren't good enough, yet you still complain he does nothing. It really is tantamount to lying Bucky :shootself

Yeah Steve is on here to show us all even though we have lost 5 on the bounce, McGhee is still doing a great job and everything is rosey.

Steve with this winger system we have won 5 games this season, so the system is not working. It leaves the centre of midfield too stretched and the fact that we only have one full back at the club, who is playing in midfield, means it is also leaving the defence exposed.

Now you say we were winning 1-0, well we lost 2-1, Crewe just like Millwall, tweaked their system and did us, we had no answer to that and that is down to the manager.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Drumstick said:
He may have had £150k but not enough wage budget to pay for a proven player of that price, and how many minutes has turenzo played in the league in one go???

Could have got a left back for 150k

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And also countless times Magoo has made substitutions that have lost us the game - having been in a winning position.

I will say this about Magoo (other than he is a twat) but he does have the balls to admit when he has made a mistake (which according to LI Magoo never does) trouble is Magoo keeps making mistakes

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:

Half the time you Magoo outers say he tinkers too much with his changes, the other half of the time you say he is too stubborn and does nothing. You can't even get the story straight among one of you, never mind all of you!
Maybe he should have said "our plan B failed AGAIN" instead of "we have no plan B". But the result is the same, a good position was spunked away. Obviously results didn't matter at the beginning of the season, so they must matter DOUBLY so now. So isn't that a tincy bit worrying that yet again we have been unable to hold onto a lead?

Lordbez said:
However it's his job to get them playing, and he aint up to it.

Or possibly it's you that's not up to being a supporter of a team that is punching above its weight in this league?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Drumstick said:

The arguement is not about the merits of Turenzo (for never ONCE have I critisised a player I have only seen for 20 mins in the reserves) but the FACT that McGhee had a lot more transfer kitty than the previous two managers blows the 'constraints' theory out of the water.

Oh and the wages budget has not fallen since last season, unless anyone can back that up with hard facts to the contrary.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I will say this about Magoo (other than he is a twat) but he does have the balls to admit when he has made a mistake (which according to LI Magoo never does) trouble is Magoo keeps making mistakes

Not sure about that - it normally seems to be the referee's fault whenever we lose. Our the Reading fans'. Or Leon Knight's. Or the wind ...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
Or possibly it's you that's not up to being a supporter of a team that is punching above its weight in this league?

We are not punching above our weight. I dont see any player in QPRs or Plymouths or Stokes or Hulls squad that is any better than ours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports