Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee out banner

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
sheebo said:
and all u do goodys can stay there and support him but really ur just SCARED. Scared cos u may have met him or know one of the players.... f*** it - we should have easily stayed up with the money we've had. Mcgoo OUT

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
sheebo said:
ABSOLUTELY 10% SPOT ON!!!

i was thinking the same thing.. that headline must have been used 10 times this season - when before the game on ceefax he said 'we can't lose this..' and 'Adraw would be a great result' -
GREAT RESULT - BOLLOX! yeh get the banners out - the blokes lost it - should have gone months ago - and all u do goodys can stay there and support him but really ur just SCARED. Scared cos u may have met him or know one of the players.... f*** it - we should have easily stayed up with the money we've had. Mcgoo OUT

Top class Sheebo. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
I have no reason to be loyal to Mcghee, in fact i'm not sure he even understands the word.

The only reason he is still with us is that no other club would touch him. He is a twat.

I help to pay that xxxxx wages if I want him out ill have my say.

Mcghee out.

Now relax....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why cant we give Magoo the some of the money we "bid" for Tom Brighton as severance pay?

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Rougvie said:
1. He did spend £150K on a striker that hasnt played, thats NOT McGhee's fault (that he hasnt played) but it is a so called 'constraint' that Adams and Coppell woud have been happy to put up with.

2. Actually Crewe for many years had to endure a stadium that was tiny, had the smallest away allocation in the old Div One/Two and it took them ages to raise the cash for ground improvements, but at that time seemed capable of punching above their weight.

As said in another thread, £150k is nothing to spend on a striker compared to other clubs at this level.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
its a lot to spend on somebody who McGhee now says does not fit the bill.

On the banner thing, its a free country if thats how you feel do it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Simster said:
FFS.

Yeah, NO-ONE could possibly do Mark McGhee's job of spending £150k on some worthwhile players, playing them in their correct positions, and not falling out with yet another senior player every 3 games.

How does he do it? :nono:

i tell ya what this is also spot on! it's the players in position thing. and the fac thes bought many 'future ' players in. NOT people who can actually do the JOB in hand and stay up..

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
sheebo said:
ABSOLUTELY 100% SPOT ON!!!

i was thinking the same thing.. that headline must have been used 10 times this season - when before the game on ceefax he said 'we can't lose this..' and 'Adraw would be a great result' -
GREAT RESULT - BOLLOX! yeh get the banners out - the blokes lost it - should have gone months ago - and all u do goodys can stay there and support him but really ur just SCARED. Scared cos u may have met him or know one of the players.... f*** it - we should have easily stayed up with the money we've had. Mcgoo OUT

I do not know Mark McGhee or any of the players but I do know the situation of the clubs. People like you seem to think that you can wave a magic wand, replace McGhee and all our problems will end.

That is crap. We will still be over 2 years away from getting a new ground. We will still have limited resources and struggle to compete at this level. Where is your magic solution as there is always a lot of crap about getting rid of McGhee but no decent replacements suggested.

I think Mark McGhee is not doing a bad job under the circumstances and realistically we were always going to struggle this season. However, even if you disagree with that, you must admit there is little point in sacking him when nobody better is available.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Finchley Seagull said:
As said in another thread, £150k is nothing to spend on a striker compared to other clubs at this level.
What about the "undisclosed fees" for Carole and Frutos, the agents fees of £250k, plus the coke money. Half a million should be enough to keep us up?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Silent Bob said:
What about the "undisclosed fees" for Carole and Frutos, the agents fees of £250k, plus the coke money. Half a million should be enough to keep us up?

Half a million is rubbish. £250k was spent on CKR including his wages for three years and everything else. That brings it down to about £350k. The vast majority of teams in this league have got a single player who they have paid more than that for.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Finchley Seagull said:
I don't recall Luton, Crewe, Stoke, or QPR spending loads of cash on players.

And even if they did, the fact is that was all that was made available to OUR manager, and he has totally SPUNKED IT.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Finchley Seagull said:
Half a million is rubbish. £250k was spent on CKR including his wages for three years and everything else. That brings it down to about £350k. The vast majority of teams in this league have got a single player who they have paid more than that for.
Does it matter how it was spent? That was McGhee's choice.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:

But any money spent by the Albion is a lot of money, as over the last 15 years we have spent very little on fees, so to see it not being all that well used is so frustrating.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I don't think McGhee Out banners or abuse and negative chanting will make a blind bit of difference to our predicament. I think some of the ideas on other threads along the lines of Fancy Dress, having a bloody good laugh and joke, taking the piss out of our situation and generally lightening up a bit to create a more positive atmosphere will be a better use of our time.

I for one am fed up feeling miserable and depressed at home games this season and will be spending all the remaining fixtures channelling my energy into having a good time on Saturday afternoons.

Anyone else up for some positive action??:clap2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why is McGhee's entire transfer dealings record judged around one particular transaction? Just curious.

Is it purely beause it was a money transfer rather than a 'free'? And was it really £150,000? I would have to go and search, but I don't recall the club saying a fee. Perhaps they did.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Large One said:
'Falling out with senior pros every 3 days'. I'd call that fantasy.
Guess what, I didn't mean that he LITERALLY fell out with players every THREE days. But he hasn't got a good track this season, has he.

If you think I meant it literally, then you're obviously a BIT THICK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here