Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] McGhee 99% likely to leave by end of week!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Fair enough. I wasn't taking sides. Devils advocate and all....

I don't think this is great news. I would be tempted to trust Chapman, but I would trust DK over them. Assuming we do have to pay up McGhees contract, rumoured to be circa £150k that money could be spent elsewhere....I very much doubt he will walk. Sit out next season with McGhee, if they want rid? If money is so tight then I would rather we didn't have to spend so much...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Rougvie said:

I think we have to wait and see what happens, but any investment in the club at this stage has to be a good thing.

Just not true - Archer promised all sorts of things when he took over but sold us down the river.

I'm deeply suspicious of any anonymous investor, I'm even more suspicious of an anonymous investor who's trying to oust DK (someone we know has Albion's interests at heart) and my wrong 'un detector is working overtime when I see that the anonymous investor is being backed by an Archer supporter.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
blockhseagull said:
This is NOT good news......... it looks like they are trying to oust DK and using MM is part of the plan.

Who is this major investor ?

Reading between the lines, it is Chapman. I am led to believe that a major investor put a significant amount of money into the club in january as we had cash flow problems, I believe it was Chapman. I think it's a case of him believing that as he is the major investor he needs to take charge .....

As far as Bloom is concerned ... he is a survior he will go with who he believes is the most likely to succeed.

I could of course be talking bollocks, believe what you will.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Icy Gull said:
This runs deeper than getting rid of McGhee I reckon, and it may not be the good news that it may appear to some.

Spot on - Better to keep him, give him 10 games and go from there. He got an average team promoted into the Championship, was forced to sell our best players, has no cash, and before Christmas looked as if we were going to make it. Although I do agree that some of his tactics and substitutions have looked very odd indeed.

As for DK, Chapman's firm has an option to bid for the stadium build and one therefore wonders what his motives are as for Bloom he seems to be a chameleon (allegedly). I am uncomfortable at the Board disunity, this is not good for our club.

I assume the investor is Norman??

Parks.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Trigger said:
The McGhee out news is absolutely fantastic, best Albion news in a long time... However, in my opinion Chapman & Bloom should be paying up his contract from their own pockets and not the clubs... None of this would be happening if Magoo had done the decent thing and walked when he should have done after our FA Cup exit.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

spot on :clap2:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
99% certain? Do you write for the Sun or something? Talk about sensationalist writing, where did you get that statistic from?

Ow well, welcome back FDM if he does go at least:clap2:

PS did you know 78.46% of statistics are made up?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Gwylan said:
I'm deeply suspicious of any anonymous investor, I'm even more suspicious of an anonymous investor who's trying to oust DK (someone we know has Albion's interests at heart) and my wrong 'un detector is working overtime when I see that the anonymous investor is being backed by an Archer supporter.

I honestly cant remember him as being a 'supporter' of Archer, I remember him as someone who came under a lot of pressure to take sides and really just sat on the fence.

Anyway, the way it was conveyed to me just after the Coventry game was that there was an unwillingness to give anyone anymore power at the club than the present situation, their original intention was NOT to create a power struggle and force DK out.

It seems that things have gotten a bit out of hand.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd like to know more about this "major investor" before jumping to any conclusions. Presumably the cash he's prepared to invest in the club would offset the initial hit we'd take of having to pay off McGhee, but we'd then be looking at a complete boardroom restructure. DK and MP have their detractors on here (specially this season), but I trust them and their motives, so there's no way I want them ousted by the first billy big-bollocks that comes along flashing his wad.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I just hope Magoo fucks off. Whether sacked or just decides to walk. Please please please just GO.

Thanks for the memories. The king is dead long live the king.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Gwylan said:
Nice try but no. I don't think anyone around then could possibly have doubted whether Archer and his pet monkey's intention were good.

And his father was part of the boards whose cock-ups led to Archer taking over in the first place. Not a recommendation I'd have thought.

Gwylan,

I have the pleasure of knowing the 'Bloom' family and can only say they are a very rounded nice bunch who are TRUE BHA supporters...

I really think it is a mistake to criticise Ray Bloom for the Archer scenario.

I firmly believe 'if true' this can only benefit the club.

larus

This does not sound good to me.

Whatever your views on McGhee, no-one can say that DK has done a bad job for the club, in taking us from where we were to where we are. OK, it's disappointing to be relegated, but look at what the club's got to work with.

I trust DK to do right by the club. If we get a major investor, he better be f***ing willing to INVEST, and not just £250-500k ffs. We need some serious money to make it worth the risk.

DK & MP have done all the hard work when no other f***er wanted to know. Now someone wants to come in and try to benefit from their hard slog. :nono:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
larus said:
This does not sound good to me.

Whatever your views on McGhee, no-one can say that DK has done a bad job for the club, in taking us from where we were to where we are. OK, it's disappointing to be relegated, but look at what the club's got to work with.

I trust DK to do right by the club. If we get a major investor, he better be f***ing willing to INVEST, and not just £250-500k ffs. We need some serious money to make it worth the risk.

DK & MP have done all the hard work when no other f***er wanted to know. Now someone wants to come in and try to benefit from their hard slog. :nono:

Seconded. Feel very sick at this. It's not good news, at all.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Isn't the club structured so no ONE PERSON can have control?

Of course alliances can be formed, but you could argue that a Dick Knight/Martin Perry alliance has effectively controlled the club these past years.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Easy 10 said:
I'd like to know more about this "major investor" before jumping to any conclusions. Presumably the cash he's prepared to invest in the club would offset the initial hit we'd take of having to pay off McGhee, but we'd then be looking at a complete boardroom restructure. DK and MP have their detractors on here (specially this season), but I trust them and their motives, so there's no way I want them ousted by the first billy big-bollocks that comes along flashing his wad.

Precisely. McGhee is an irrelevance in this, managers come and go but change at boardroom level is a completely different scenario.

This affects the very fabric of the club, not what division we play in.

This is an absolute f***ing disaster - the club is now submerged in civil war.

On the one side we have Dick Knight who delivered us from the worst period in our history and Perry the man whose expertise has virtually delivered us Falmer against terrible planning law odds. On the other we have Bloom, a quisling from the Archer era who in his old age has finally found the backbone to oppose something, and Chapman, the man who as a director of the club is driving a coach and horses through every decent corporate governance principle by also angling for construction work for his company.

The entire summer will be wasted sorting out the legal mess of McGhee's contract and hiring some fall guy willing to work for the big bucks (yeah, right) that McGhee was on.

I'll be amazed if this doesn't end up ripping the heart out of the club, our two best executives Knight and Perry fatally weakened by other on-the-make chancers, and players drifting off from a club that not only has f*** all money but is now submerged in total chaos.

This is about as bad as it gets.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rusthall Seagull said:

I really think it is a mistake to criticise Ray Bloom for the Archer scenario.

Why? He refused to condemn Archer, even when it became blatently obvious that he was asset stripping the club? Does that sound like a true fan to you? Give your support to him if you like, he will never have mine.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Repugnant Toad said:
Would obviously be great news. Sad that McGhee's arrogance is forcing the club to part with so much money, but better that we sack him and see some return from it than piss it away on some McGhee joke buy.

:shootself

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
LI

Surely you didnt believe that Chapman was on the board for anything but being given first dip on the quote for the stadium ( BTW Looking at Adenstars accounts, they are not big enough to undertake a full contract like this)

I am not sure this is as bad as it all seems. It would certainly explain the stuff that has been coming out of the club over the last few months....

I dont see this as a challenge to Knights authority, more a healthy debate as to where the club is going. DK is 68 now and I am picking up vibes that he may be looking to relieve some of the day to day to someone else.

Did anyone else see that according to the Argus he is a Gooner?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here