Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McClaren - No quality in our goals...

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Northern **** hope you lose in the play offs again :tosser:

This. I can't stand McLaren, and all this nauseating 'I hope Derby get promoted because they either deserve it/play the game the right way etc.' shit on here is exactly that. The only team I give a crap about is BHAFC and every other team on the planet can lose every game that they play for all I care.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Errr, ow do you say, errrrr c.unt

He says we only had 2 shots, and scored 2. Match stats say we had 7.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why on earth does anyone care what he says - his agenda isn't to please us, he's talking to his fans and his board. Move along, nothing to see here.

Nobody is saying he has to please us. What we are doing is laughing at his efforts to please his own fans.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
He must have thought Derby only had to turn up and get the 3 points. He needs to worry more about Derby's recent poor away form.

Agreed. With Norwich and WAtford on a run Derby aren't quite the shoe in for automatic he thinks.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Really is nothing more tedious than our own fans getting all indignant any time an opposing fan/player/manager says something they don't like for no particular reason after a game.

I think you're being a bit harsh there. I wasn't at the match but if the highlights shown in this thread accurately reflect the sum total of their attacking threat then he has reason to be a worried man. I personally thought he showed a high level of arrogance when he laughed as he described our goals as lacking any quality, in particular when he clearly didn't see the second goal. The vast majority of managers do not stoop this low when articulating their views after a game. Guilty as charged I'm afraid .... An arrogant, supercilious ****.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Who cares what he says in all honesty, we scored 2 they scored none - a goal in off someone's arse counts the same as a 35 yarder, Derby's profligacy yesterday cost them dearly, he does sound a little bitter but I'm sure he was feeling immensely pissed that his team managed to lose the game.

I don't mind McLaren myself, decent manager IMO anyway.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

All he had to say was "I am gutted, I thought we dominated the game, and but for their 'keeper pulling off some great saves, we might have won it comfortably. We didn't score when we were on top, and that leaves us open to the sucker punch that was duly delivered. I'm disappointed that we didn't defend the goals better, but overall I can't ask much more of the players. Brighton are fighting for their lives and that showed in some of their defending. We will play much worse than this and win, so we just move on"..
Job done... I do love to see a man desperately trying to show that he is not feeling the pressure.. that compexiion and the stroking of the face give it away though Mr McC!!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Very disrespectful.

Looks knackered and after that can't say i have any sympathy. Suspect it was heat of the moment and would say something different today

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] is right.

Although a nod to shithappens or 'we've done the same enough times' wouldn't have hurt his jowly fat red face.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Very disrespectful.

Looks knackered and after that can't say i have any sympathy. Suspect it was heat of the moment and would say something different today

I agree - BUT - for somebody in his position the "Heat of the Moment" should not be a factor. He should be considered in everything he says.

We know and acknowledge that they played us off the park, but most managers would have managed an "all credit to Brighton for taking their chances" or something similar.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Forget about McLaren's rosacea, how come no one is talking about the shocking red rash that was afflicting Forest manager 'Dishy' Douglas Freedman on the FLS last week or Blackpool manager Lee Clarke's strange, almost Plasticine-like skin texture?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
He's never seemed to have much class or intelligence - and what's with all the face-stroking? Is that a tell?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Came over as a rather arrogant tit in the interview; surprised he hasn't choked on all those sour grapes.
I don't really give a toss about him, but it was nice to see Bournemouth win; it must have made his night!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here