Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mcallister get your arse back here

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Personally I’d rather he returned when he was happy and ready to do so. He’s going to be massively in demand from other clubs, so the Albion showing him some respect and understanding might go a long way to him staying here a bit longer.
A club sanctioned two week break is very different to turning up when he is happy. Alexis is a professional and wouldn’t put the club in such a position. He will understand his responsibilities just like the players in this random link;

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I see that Mbappe played in the league for PSG last night and scoring the winning goal.

He also played in the WC Final and despite scoring three goals, was on the losing side. If anyone was going to need two weeks off from football, I would have thought it would be him.
He had nothing to celebrate.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I see that Mbappe played in the league for PSG last night and scoring the winning goal.

He also played in the WC Final and despite scoring three goals, was on the losing side. If anyone was going to need two weeks off from football, I would have thought it would be him.
I assume his family and friends live in France - where he plays his league football. And he had no victory parades to attend. Unlike Mac - hence the extra days off.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Imagine flying away on honeymoon for two weeks and your work ringing you after a week saying “any chance you can come back early as we’ve stuffed up our rosters?”, would you feel;

A. Delighted to cut short your holiday, after all your employers are the most important thing in the world?

B. Like telling them to get stuffed and start browsing the job sites?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am totally comfortable with him coming back when he and the club decide he should. He always give 100% and he forced his way into the World Champions team, linked well with Messi and laid on one of the goals of the tournament.

We have a World Cup winner, not sure that’s really sunk in. I hope his relationship with the Albion keeps him here for a while longer.

He will go down in Albion history as one of our best ever players :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even without Ali Mac and Caicedo we still have Lallana, Gross, and Gilmour to sit in the middle.
Yeah you're right - the OP has a point after all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When you have a moment of stress-induced control loss, starting a thread on NSC is not always the best of plans.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Imagine flying away on honeymoon for two weeks and your work ringing you after a week saying “any chance you can come back early as we’ve stuffed up our rosters?”, would you feel;

A. Delighted to cut short your holiday, after all your employers are the most important thing in the world?

B. Like telling them to get stuffed and start browsing the job sites?
Would your work give you a free paid 2 week holiday outside of your allowance then ?!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
My God there are some absolute f***ing morons on this board. Astonishing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would your work give you a free paid 2 week holiday outside of your allowance then ?!
If I was up there with the best in the world? Yeah they probably would :smile:

Reactions: A1X

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"This is all well and good, but it can't compare with spending a freezing January midweek evening 2 miles north of Liverpool city centre."

ali mac and the World Cup.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
TB: Hi Lex, COngrats, How's it going?
AM: ooh ohh ha ha ha ooh aahh
TB: Are you ok Lex?
AM: Sorry Tone, its the triple blow n rim, you know?
TB: Ahh yes, I remember . . .I'm a winner too. Enjoy the holiday, but remember, when the sacks dry . . You gotta job to do, see you on 1st.
AM: I remember boss.
TB: Good lad.

Or something like that.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I was the captain when Crawley RFC won the Sussex county cup…..I was back at work on the Monday……just saying !
I did a car race a few years back, pole position, won the race, and fastest lap. It was even reported in AUtosport.

I went to work MOnday as well. . . We must be doing something wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here