Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Brian Paddick (Lib Dem)

Votes: 6 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Boris spends more time pretending to apologise for his low-IQ off-the-cuff remarks than he does pretending to be a serious politician.

If you vote Boris, you vote STUPID :dunce:

Fact.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ken :thumbsup:

Has the interests of ordinary Londoners at heart.

Bollocks. Ken has Ken's interests at heart.

Ken will win.

Until the Tories understand you need to have a credible candidate to win an election, they won't win anything.

Rubbish. Tories beat Labour in Europe, in the Shires and now in London.

Ken will win.

You can't win a campaign by keeping your candidate away from debates as the Tories seem to be doing.

Wanna bet?

Bearing in mind that this isn't a first-past-the-post election, Ken will win.

Boris may get a few more more first preference votes, but more Lib Dems, Greens and Lefties will give Ken their second vote than will back Boris.

I confidently expect to see a massive STOP BORIS Alliance forming over the next few weeks.

Really? Strange we haven't got it already. Wishful thinking LB. Once again the great and the good of the NSC liberal left talking a good fight but just wishful thinking at the end of the day.

Just need fatbadger and NMH to tell us that the public will have a Paulian conversion about Gordon Brown and sweep away the Tories at the next elections.

I hope Boris turns up for an event I'm going to later this month. I was going to make him squirm with a question about the transport infrastructure of South London.

He wouldn't know what side of Loughborough Junction had hit him!

Yeah right. I'm sure you will. Or more likely a) you won't get to ask the question or b) a skilled and consummate politician will brush past your question easily.

Meanwhile in the real world ALL opinion polls put Boris down to winthe Tories well ahead of Labour in the polls and a lot of lemon-faced Brighton fans who can't quite move on from the Thatcher days.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ken has gone bad. i think it happens after 6-7 years in power that the power gfoes to the head and they start to go a bit meglomanic. I think he was the best man for the job when it was created, but he's starting to look very much the establishemnt and all that is bad with that. we need change in London.

unfortunatly, i dont think the alternatives have much in the way of policy (boris) or hope (liberal fellow - i rest my case).

bit of a mirror with the national situation, isnt it?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Boris spends more time pretending to apologise for his low-IQ off-the-cuff remarks than he does pretending to be a serious politician.

If you vote Boris, you vote STUPID :dunce:

Fact.

Bollocks, bollocks and more bollocks. And it's that kind of crass and quite frankly brainless intellectual snobbery that makes those comments the toast of the party in Islington and quite frankly f*** all elsewhere in London.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Rubbish. Tories beat Labour in Europe, in the Shires and now in London.

You misunderstood my post dear boy.

They don't have great record in coming up with credible candidates for the Mayor.

That's what I was referring to.

Archer ?

Do they really take it seriously ? I don't think they do. Would be better for London if they did.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You misunderstood my post dear boy.

They don't have great record in coming up with credible candidates for the Mayor.

That's what I was referring to.

Archer ?

and how many Mayoral elections have their been? Considering when it was created you can draw any statistic you like out of such a small sample.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bollocks. Ken has Ken's interests at heart.

Well every politician from the beginning of time has had his or her own interests at heart first, and the voters interests second. Tho I'd suggest that Ken has a damn good track record of standing up for the bloke on the Clapham North tube train. Boris is a SHALLOW f*** with zero credibility, even within his own party :shrug:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Buzzer, I was waiting for your post!

Why do you have to be Tory, you're very agreeable otherwise:bigwave:

Yes, I doubt I'd get to ask my question seeing as it doesn't involve the environment directly. If it was about trees...

Really? Strange we haven't got it already. Wishful thinking LB. Once again the great and the good of the NSC liberal left talking a good fight but just wishful thinking at the end of the day.

Interesting to see that the Tories are already running a devious "STOP KEN" campaign ...

... by encouraging people to vote BNP.

This is from the same Daily Express website page as the earlier stuff on this thread:-

MESSAGE FROM A TORY POLITICIAN TO THE BNP
03.04.08, 6:42pm

Dear Sirs,

As a Conservative I would personally like to thank you for urging your supporters to back Boris with their second Mayoral vote. Some of our local members are suggesting, by word of mouth at present, that we should do the same in return and give Mr Barnbrook our second vote.

At the risk of being branded one of your own closet supporters I have gone further and begun to suggest that they should actually vote Barnbrook first and Boris second. The reason is that only the top two candidates will be given the second preference votes and, whilst you might not like or accept it, our view is that only Ken and Boris will realistically make the second round.

Our voters can only vote for Boris once, so it makes no difference to us whether its first or second, as second preference votes for him are sure to be counted. However, since we are also fed up with PC, immigration and crime, the stronger the vote for the BNP the bigger the kick up the pants for the Government and clearer the signal for a few of the wets in our own ranks. I urge you let Conservatives know that they should vote Barnbrook first and Johnson second so we can get Livingstone out and give the PC brigade a bloody nose too! Just for once, we can have our anti-PC cake and eat it!”

So, what are you going to do, chaps?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We had exactly the same types of stuff on here before and after the local elections. Some people daring to question how it is that a trendy city like Brighton could defile itself into kicking out the ruling Labour group and installing shock, horror - Tories.

It's not that you lot don't think the Tories will win anything, it's just that you refuse to accept that they will. You don't like 'em therefore how can other people possibly like them. Ah well. You know best, eh?

If people can't be trusted to vote for the right candidate or are just too stupid to see your arguments then quite frankly they don't deserve to have a vote.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
and how many Mayoral elections have their been? Considering when it was created you can draw any statistic you like out of such a small sample.

What a strange statement.

With such a important post you'd expect the Tories to put someone up credible first time and second time wouldn't you.

Lets look at them

Archer, Norris and Boris - Surely they can do better than that ?

Do the Tories need warming up or something ?

As for your post above - if I thought Boris would win, I'd say that he would. I just don't think he will - is that acceptible for you ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Quite. Least likely ToryBoy you ever did meet. Don't quite believe Buzzer believes his own posts on the subject. Or maybe he DOES? ??? Sort of always assumed that flair hair was a Jakey Robinson tribute. What if it's a failed attempt at a BoJo and we were wrong all along? :ohmy:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
We had exactly the same types of stuff on here before and after the local elections. Some people daring to question how it is that a trendy city like Brighton could defile itself into kicking out the ruling Labour group and installing shock, horror - Tories.

It's not that you lot don't think the Tories will win anything, it's just that you refuse to accept that they will. You don't like 'em therefore how can other people possibly like them. Ah well. You know best, eh?

If people can't be trusted to vote for the right candidate or are just too stupid to see your arguments then quite frankly they don't deserve to have a vote.

Trust me, I don't NOT think they will win. I see them winning as only too possible.

I hope it doesn't happen but as I said in my first post on this thread, it is too close to call.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Interesting to see that the Tories are already running a devious "STOP KEN" campaign ...

... by encouraging people to vote BNP.

This is from the same Daily Express website page as the earlier stuff on this thread:-

MESSAGE FROM A TORY POLITICIAN TO THE BNP
03.04.08, 6:42pm

Dear Sirs,

As a Conservative I would personally like to thank you for urging your supporters to back Boris with their second Mayoral vote. Some of our local members are suggesting, by word of mouth at present, that we should do the same in return and give Mr Barnbrook our second vote.

At the risk of being branded one of your own closet supporters I have gone further and begun to suggest that they should actually vote Barnbrook first and Boris second. The reason is that only the top two candidates will be given the second preference votes and, whilst you might not like or accept it, our view is that only Ken and Boris will realistically make the second round.

Our voters can only vote for Boris once, so it makes no difference to us whether its first or second, as second preference votes for him are sure to be counted. However, since we are also fed up with PC, immigration and crime, the stronger the vote for the BNP the bigger the kick up the pants for the Government and clearer the signal for a few of the wets in our own ranks. I urge you let Conservatives know that they should vote Barnbrook first and Johnson second so we can get Livingstone out and give the PC brigade a bloody nose too! Just for once, we can have our anti-PC cake and eat it!”

So, what are you going to do, chaps?

One tory thinks that and it's all of a sudden got BNP attached to it. Nice bit of subliminal messaging LB. Why not add the bigoted Jihadists in Ken's pockets who want Ken to win?

Quite frankly that's crap, LB as an argument. Boris doesn't need the help of the BNP to win. His bandwagon is rolling along quite nicely. Irrelevant and smearing Borsi with BNP-type stuff.

And let's read it shall we... basically it's a "I know you vote BNP, but can we have you as a second choice?" request. No different from Red Ken doing the same to "Respect" supporters.

What am I gonna do? Bounce this thread in May. That's what.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
One tory thinks that and it's all of a sudden got BNP attached to it. Nice bit of subliminal messaging LB. Why not add the bigoted Jihadists in Ken's pockets who want Ken to win?

Quite frankly that's crap, LB as an argument. Boris doesn't need the help of the BNP to win. His bandwagon is rolling along quite nicely. Irrelevant and smearing Borsi with BNP-type stuff.

And let's read it shall we... basically it's a "I know you vote BNP, but can we have you as a second choice?" request. No different from Red Ken doing the same to "Respect" supporters.

What am I gonna do? Bounce this thread in May. That's what.

Oh shit...not Revell?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Yes, I doubt I'd get to ask my question seeing as it doesn't involve the environment directly. If it was about trees...

Quite. Least likely ToryBoy you ever did meet. Don't quite believe Buzzer believes his own posts on the subject. Or maybe he DOES? ??? Sort of always assumed that flair hair was a Jakey Robinson tribute. What if it's a failed attempt at a BoJo and we were wrong all along? :ohmy:

:D Oh guys! Shucks. As long as we can agree on the serious stuff like footie and music we can bitch like sisters about the rest. :kiss: to both of you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports