• Winston McKenzie (Independent)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt O'Connor (English Democrats)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Brian Paddick (Lib Dem)

Votes: 6 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I've revised my opinions on who will win after last night's showing.

Boris was officially awful on Question Time. Bad performance.
Ken came across as smug and sneery and nasty. Little digs and asides.
Paddick....typical Lib Dem. So f***ing full of himself and pompous.

What a choice for London. Could be any of those three.

Obviously in LOndon, we see more of this pantomine. Very similar debates and namecalling. Last night was an opportunity to have a more reasoned debate as per normal Question Time, I thought it was poorly chaired with poor choice of question, the "entetainment" only emphasised the character faults of the Politicians.

With my pulse on the triggar, I feel Johnson will win the first round :rant: but the alternative left/ liberal / green vote will come down on Livingstone side. Whether this will enough?

Nevertheless, we feel London is turning towards the Conservatives and as I said earlier, I sense Labour will get a hammering in London.

Sorry to go on, but I was also stunned by the audience lack of intelligence.

1. Londoners budget on the games is fixed, £xm coming from the 38p per week, from the Council Tax, the rest of the budget is from Central Government and the Lottery.

2. Of course you won't see bobbies down your street - unless your at home all the time and awake all the time and looking out the window.

3. Your Council Tax only pays for the GLA, a part of the Met Police and the tubes and buses, and not all for the beleagued LDA, thats funded by Central Goverment.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've revised my opinions on who will win after last night's showing.

Boris was officially awful on Question Time. Bad performance.
Ken came across as smug and sneery and nasty. Little digs and asides.
Paddick....typical Lib Dem. So f***ing full of himself and pompous.

What a choice for London. Could be any of those three.

You could hear Paddicks vote count draining away down the plug hole when he started to attack the other's personal lives.

I think he was actually booed ?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Vote's getting closer

Ken hasn't agreed to a fare increase, the proposal was recommended by TfL in their business plan, it has been rejected by the Mayor

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Nevertheless, we feel London is turning towards the Conservatives and as I said earlier, I sense Labour will get a hammering in London.

I disagree. I now predict Boris to get most first preferences, but Ken to SQUEAK home on second preferences. What's more, I think the Tories will do very well in the London Assembly elections -- and possibly get a majority on the Assembly.

Which means Mayor Ken won't really have a mandate, and won't be able to get his budget approved. For four years.

I disagree. I now predict Boris to get most first preferences, but Ken to SQUEAK home on second preferences. What's more, I think the Tories will do very well in the London Assembly elections -- and possibly get a majority on the Assembly.

Which means Mayor Ken won't really have a mandate, and won't be able to get his budget approved. For four years.

Our difference being whether Ken will squeak in or not? And I will a very happy red bunny if your right.

Otherwise, I think London is turning very blue.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Boris a clear winner on NSC. Maybe he'll also be a clear winner in the real election too...

Early results from the election count suggest Conservative candidate Boris Johnson is ahead in the race to become the next mayor of London.

With 22% of votes counted in each of the 14 electoral areas - Mr Johnson has the lead in 9 while Labour's Ken Livingstone is ahead in five.

London Elects, which organises the elections, says it expects the results at 2030 BST, but that could change.

Turnout is estimated at 45% - up from 36.95% in 2004.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have little faith in the general English public....but even they will not vote a buffoon into power.

Ken will win. Trust me.

P.S. Do Boris' cohorts wear those 'I'm with Stupid' t-shirts?

I have little faith in the general English public....but even they will not vote a buffoon into power.

Ken will win. Trust me.

P.S. Do Boris' cohorts wear those 'I'm with Stupid' t-shirts?

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

at 15.27 pm

"With 27% of votes counted in each of the 14 electoral areas - Mr Johnson has the lead in 9 while Labour's Ken Livingstone is ahead in five.

About 2 million people would have voted last night, this is the biggest mandate for any politician in Europe!!!

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Postscript To This Little Saga - Brian Paddick's Diary Of The Campaign.

Brian Paddick's hilarious diary reveals the farcical truth about his failed bid to beat Boris and 'Red Wine Ken' to be London Mayor | the Mail on Sunday

A Very Funny Account And What Can Be Gleaned From This?

1) Ken Is Indeed A Pisshead, A Bullshitter And Wasn't Really Up For The Fight.
2) Boris Thought The Whole Thing Jolly Good Fun But Wanted The Election Win More Than Becoming Mayor
3) Paddick Was Out Of His Depth And The Lib Dems Campaign Was Amateurish. Nick Clegg Appears To Be A Grudge-Bearing Prat

Seems That The Least Worst Man Won After All. Safe To Say That Paddick Won't Be Contesting Any Lib Dem Seats In The Foreseeable Future.

I am proud to say my area of London, North East

gave Ken the most votes (numbers and % of vote) and Boris the least votes (numbers and %).

I might read that article later........it be interesting to read Ken's and Boris's at a later date

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Ken will win.

Until the Tories understand you need to have a credible candidate to win an election, they won't win anything.

POST OF THE YEAR YOU KNOB :whisky::D

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Postscript To This Little Saga - Brian Paddick's Diary Of The Campaign.

Brian Paddick's hilarious diary reveals the farcical truth about his failed bid to beat Boris and 'Red Wine Ken' to be London Mayor | the Mail on Sunday

A Very Funny Account And What Can Be Gleaned From This?

1) Ken Is Indeed A Pisshead, A Bullshitter And Wasn't Really Up For The Fight.
2) Boris Thought The Whole Thing Jolly Good Fun But Wanted The Election Win More Than Becoming Mayor
3) Paddick Was Out Of His Depth And The Lib Dems Campaign Was Amateurish. Nick Clegg Appears To Be A Grudge-Bearing Prat

Seems That The Least Worst Man Won After All. Safe To Say That Paddick Won't Be Contesting Any Lib Dem Seats In The Foreseeable Future.

Nice little insult Ken gave Paddick though, "You campaigned like a Tory and voted like a Trotskeit"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here