Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May 11th 1991 . Who was there?

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Not necessarily. A rhetorical question can be presented as a statement, not as a direct question.

Or, in HB&B's words:

"The answer question is me , not always me though. Think"

A rhetorical question is still a question surely ? It is just one that the requester does not expect to receive an answer for.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To save you all clicking on the link it's a tedious and poorly written comparison between the Forest game on Saturday and the Ipswich game that got us in to the playoffs in 1991. No idea where he got the idea. Maybe the threads on here or the mentions in other blogs posted earlier in the week. Cough.

Still if anyone can translate this in to English there's an American owned sub editing company in Southampton that probably wants to hear from you.

Essex ref David Axcell pointed for a goal kick, but the moustached little man (it wasn't even November) puffed his chest out, and angled his arm to the penalty spot and appeared to tell Crumpet (Crumplin in reality) he wasn't sure, but he couldn't care less.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

To save you all clicking on the link it's a tedious and poorly written comparison between the Forest game on Saturday and the Ipswich game that got us in to the playoffs in 1991. No idea where he got the idea. Maybe the threads on here or the mentions in other blogs posted earlier in the week. Cough.

Still if anyone can translate this in to English there's an American owned sub editing company in Southampton that probably wants to hear from you.

Essex ref David Axcell pointed for a goal kick, but the moustached little man (it wasn't even November) puffed his chest out, and angled his arm to the penalty spot and appeared to tell Crumpet (Crumplin in reality) he wasn't sure, but he couldn't care less.

The movember reference is WOEFUL! How could the referee give a penalty? He just gave a goal kick...

If he was Crumplin in reality(?!) does that mean that HB&B's Crumpet reality was an alternate reality? :mad:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Yes thanks in usual North Stand spot.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I was there, with my (fit) girlfriend...who is now married to my (then) best friend and is a mother of three.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I see TIMMY's just as well received in the Argus comments. Here's the latest:

AWFUL! Hands down the worst published article I've ever read.

1. Was this written by a five year old with ADHD?
2. How has this not been prove read prior to it being uploaded to the website?
3. The red lines underneath words in MS Office means they are misspelt?
4. The green lines underneath sentences in MS Office means the grammar or punctuation is incorrect?

I could keep going...

Don't give up your day job mate! (Unless this is your day job, then give it up)

If you're being taken to bits by someone who doesn't know the difference between proof read and prove read then it really is time to consider packing it in.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Funny old place this, this bell end that bleeds blue and white gets constantly abused meanwhile the arse kissing of palace avoiding relegation and their "brilliant" atmosphere has gone in overdrive lately

Not sure what this has to do with this thread.

That said did you miss that the "Amazing Palace" thread started by this site's head honcho was sarcastic? I didn't because he can impart tone in his writing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here