Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Max Clifford Guilty

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
8 years! Good, I thought he would get away with a couple of years. stick him with all the nonces. have fun you smug git.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
:clap2: :clap2:

I'd like to see him put a positive SPIN on that.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
8 years but expected to serve 4! How can it be cut in half?

Isn't that the same with all sentences? You are eligible for parole after you've served half of it.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Is Max Clifford a psychopath?

Highly manipulative, highly controlling, showed complete lack of empathy for victims even mocking the trial, killed many careers and personal lives all in his pursuit power!

Last edited:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Two Years !!!!! If that's all he gets it's a disgrace. If he gets the maximum, he will probably be released before Christmas then. :annoyed:

Good, I told you ! He'll be out before Christmas....not sure what year tho' ? No sympathy for the hypocritical creep, now he can play scrabble with Stuart Hall. Hope it's at least some closure for his victims.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Key here was the judge saying 'consecutively' rather than 'concurrently'. I'm sure his arrogant denials and accusations, and complete lack of contrition earlier helped the judge make up his mind.

First decent result of the weekend. Hope there will be more :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If he can get SKY on his in-cell TV, he can settle himself in with our crunch game tomorrow before going out to meet his wing colleagues and have some association time.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
What a complete and utter farce. 8 years but serve 4 maybe, he should of been given 16 years and told to serve 8 years. The sentences are getting more lenient every week.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Surprised his wife's still sticking by him. Surely she'll realise how she would be better off as far from that muppet as humanly possible.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
At least anyone that he sneaks up behind in the showers won't have THAT much to fear.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
If he was a 71 year old scout leader found guilty would he be let out on bail till Friday?

If he's looking at 5 years, he might think 'f**k it' and blow the whistle on all the 'big stories' he's been suppressing on for years, either that or do a runner?

Maybe he should have done a runner..........

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Reporting on ITV that he could get up to two years!

Which begs the question how much does he know about the establishment? And is the paltry sentence almost a pay off, in the light of Saville they had to prosecute but the size of the proposed sentence given the crime is a joke.

I would hazard a guess that he knows more than enough for a fair few celebrities and public figures to be languishing at Her Majesty's Pleasure for the rest of their twilight years if he disclosed all he knew.
And if faced with this option, or hiring a top-of-the-range contract killer for £100,000, I'm pretty sure which would be preferable to multi-millionaires with skeletons they would rather stayed in the closet.
He will have stayed silent regarding others for a reason, and that is either money or the fact he quite enjoys having a pulse.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
A sentence that fits the crime,shame this does not apply to all cases.
Not quite sure I agree - For what he has been convicted of, 8 years (he'll only do 4) seems pretty small if you ask me. I think our justice system needs to be stronger and yes 8 years I think is appropriate, but he should do all 8 years not be out in 4 for good behaviour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here