Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Maupay

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Often when in front of goal he seems to have his head down and try to rush getting a shot off, instead of his head up and looking.

The Tross goal vs Citeh being a classic example of head up. Tross did 2 or 3 dummies to create the space leave defenders on the floor and get his shot off. I'm sure Maupay would have hit the ball first time without seeing the goalie and 3 defenders between him and the goal.

Plus sometimes there are other players in better positions that he could cross to.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I don't get it, according to people on here Brighton could seemingly pick any player from any pub team in Sussex and they'd do better than Maupay?

I mean I read it on NSC so it must be true...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
At some point this season I hope to see Welbz on the right, Maupz on the left & a goal scorer through the middle.

Sure we'd have to be 3-0 down at that point, but it'll be a cracking last 85 minutes.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I genuinely hope Maupay gets us 10 plus goals next season. It really is possible.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I genuinely hope Maupay gets us 10 plus goals next season. It really is possible.

I genuinely think this will be his real breakout season in the Prem and he will score 10+. There, I've said it.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I genuinely think this will be his real breakout season in the Prem and he will score 10+. There, I've said it.

If he gets as much game time as last season I agree with you.

If we sign Edouard or someone, or Andone impresses in pre-season, and Welbeck proves his fitness he'll struggle to get in the side.

Neal had a really decent first season with us. A shocking second. He can have no complaints if we buy another striker or he finds himself out of the side at the start of the season, equally there's no reason why he can't get his head right and put last season behind him and go on to have a 10 year at the top level career.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I'm sure I've seen stats on here that showed Maupay was a more significant contributor last season than Welbeck.

I had hoped it would put a stop to this "Welbz is a world beater, Maupay is total crap" nonsense that pervades this board.

Maupay was doing just fine until he was ostracised from the team for the Ryan handbag kerfuffle. He wasn't the same after that for most of the remainder of the season.

Maupay strikes me as a bit of a Knocky "arm round the shoulder and have a quiet word" kind of fella. Making him go sit on the naughty step is probably not going to get the best out of him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Great player and its obvious he absolutely hates to lose and his injury record indicates he takes care of himself. Think he got the right mindset to become a really good PL striker and think he already is a good one.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Neal had a really decent first season with us. A shocking second. He can have no complaints if we buy another striker or he finds himself out of the side at the start of the season, equally there's no reason why he can't get his head right and put last season behind him and go on to have a 10 year at the top level career.

Maupay last season was a million miles off " shocking season" .

He scored 8 ( only 2 less than the season before ) . Worked hard off the ball . OK so he should of got more but he was alright, not great but alright . Certainly more to come

A 24 year old 8/10 goal striker in the premier league wouldn't be replaced as easy as you think. You could spend £50m and not get that return ( with his prime to come )

Others need to step up in addition to Maupays 8 + a season then we will be fine

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Maupay last season was a million miles off " shocking season" .

He scored 8 ( only 2 less than the season before ) . Worked hard off the ball . OK so he should of got more but he was alright, not great but alright . Certainly more to come

A 24 year old 8/10 goal striker in the premier league wouldn't be replaced as easy as you think. You could spend £50m and not get that return ( with his prime to come )

Others need to step up in addition to Maupays 8 + a season then we will be fine

I'm sticking by "shocking season" ... for the obvious and much discussed reasons.

But I think we're on the same page that the fella isn't a lost cause. I'm confident as well that there is more to come. His danger is not getting on the pitch enough to prove it because we've shelled £25m on someone else

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
He'll improve his goal tally this season. Yes he missed some good chances last season but he gets himself in there time and time again.He's still relatively young and developing. He works hard for the team and he does all the right things. He's not shying away by any means. He needs the finishing part of his game to come together but with another year of experience and a fresh start I think we'll see more goals from le Petit Shithouse.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He'll improve his goal tally this season. Yes he missed some good chances last season but he gets himself in there time and time again.He's still relatively young and developing. He works hard for the team and he does all the right things. He's not shying away by any means. He needs the finishing part of his game to come together but with another year of experience and a fresh start I think we'll see more goals from le Petit Shithouse.

He'd better hope that Edouard isn't incoming if he wants the chance then!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'm sure I've seen stats on here that showed Maupay was a more significant contributor last season than Welbeck.

I had hoped it would put a stop to this "Welbz is a world beater, Maupay is total crap" nonsense that pervades this board.

Maupay was doing just fine until he was ostracised from the team for the Ryan handbag kerfuffle. He wasn't the same after that for most of the remainder of the season.

Maupay strikes me as a bit of a Knocky "arm round the shoulder and have a quiet word" kind of fella. Making him go sit on the naughty step is probably not going to get the best out of him.

Agree that certainly changed him and he did not get over it really....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here