Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Any point you were making has now lost all serious consideration. Tiltman would fail to score if he was the only player on the pitch,

It's a fair cop. Tiltman was stretching it. Gulls Eyetho' would be needing to produce their "Brenda's brothel" front cover cartoon almost every week this season if it was still going. That miss by Kevin Bremner at Pompey is, I think, still the most glaring miss I have ever seen. This current crop of strikers tho' run him close with all too much regularity.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Surely 7 goals so far says he is PL quality :shrug:
Containing 3 pens, he also misses them . My main gripe is there should be more goals with the chances he gets, he always seems to want an extra touch or thinks he has lots of time/still playing in the championship.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Containing 3 pens, he also misses them . My main gripe is there should be more goals with the chances he gets, he always seems to want an extra touch or thinks he has lots of time/still playing in the championship.

Interestingly all the PL results are mainly low scoring affairs chances are being missed in every game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So for the second season running Maupay will take care of business, while everyone else really needs to step up.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
He is ranked 15th in the league for missing "big chances", behind the likes of Bamford, Watkins, Vardy, Son. He is ranked 19th for shots on target, averaging a shot on target each game, with 7 goals from 17 shots on target.

Yes he should have more goals and he should hit the target more, but he is still young and works hard for the team so it's not all bad

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
7 goals at the half way stage is decent, but given that 3 of these are pens, 4 from open play for our leading marksmen isn’t eart shattering.

We don't want eart shattering, nor even earth shattering. Tell us how many strikers from the bottom half of the table scored more goals than him last season. And, once you've done that, tell us how many from the bottom half of the table have more than him this season.

Maupay is one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Even a form-dipped Maupay is much better than what we have in the rest of the squad. I hope Potter gives him a run of games now to get his confidence at peak, rather than all the too-clever-by-half false 9 options

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Maupay has scored 7 from 14 starts ( 3 sub ). In comparison Marcus Rashford has also scored 7 from 17 starts ( 1 sub ).

Maupay is joint 10th top scorer in the greatest league in the world so i think he is doing ok.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Tell us how many strikers from the bottom half of the table scored more goals than him last season. And, once you've done that, tell us how many from the bottom half of the table have more than him this season.

I understand what you're saying but the converse to this is that, if Maupay (or others) had scored more, perhaps we wouldn't be bottom half of the table...

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He’s not played well this season. He’d probably admit that himself (if you could pin him down). But he’s a goal scorer. AliMac & Trossard did the hard work and MP converted. Needs to really ****ing go for it for the next 19 games

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Putting the ball in an empty net after the Leeds defender switched off leaving him alone in the box was the least impressive bit of our wonderful footballing goal. Saying that I love his work ethic and sh*thousery but far from convinced he is Prem quality striker.

That was his only job in that move, to put the ball in the net, which he did. And if he hadn't, this place would go into absolute meltdown. Granted he hasn't been at his best this season, but you can't tell me that a 24 year old with 7 goals in 14 starts isn't PL quality.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Big fan of Neal. Yes, he has his off days, but his attitude is excellent and always comes across well in interviews. Pleased to see him hit the onion bag today.

“Maupay gonfia la rete”

Italian. Such a beautiful language.

Completely tangential I know but I read that after Italia 90 and any excuse to attach it to a Brighton player works for me.

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
For a player that is close to double figures in two consecutive Premier League seasons, he gets an awful lot of stick on here.

Exactly. According to some on here we should of gone all out to sign Callum Wilson who has only managed to get to the 10 goal mark once in 5 seasons. All being well Maupay will prob get to 10 goals again this season. So that will be 10+ goals 2 seasons running. Some of our support is absolutely clueless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was it a pen for him early doors?

Not given but I liked the look of it....

Not for me on replays but yes I screamed for one in real time. You need to play for a top six club to get those given

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here