[Albion] Maupay v Ben White

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Set pieces, especially corners with Duffy and Dunk up there will cause White problems. He's not great in the air, but they are.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yeah he played well- and Neal hardly had a sniff which supports it.
One of the few positives for them I’d imagine.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Glad to see all the hugs BW got after the game by the players and staff.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Yeah he played well- and Neal hardly had a sniff which supports it.
One of the few positives for them I’d imagine.
I think that is as much about missing welbeck maupay is much better playing off of someone.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Don’t think White stood out above anyone today, nor did Maupay.

Cucurella (and Duffy) takes the plaudits

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Glad to see all the hugs BW got after the game by the players and staff.

And I'm glad that Ben White's move is starting to bear fruit the other way. For £50m we can't moan that he's so good now in the Gooners defence - well, only today!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
North Stand booing Ben White seemed a bit classless / naff ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Only saw second half but think they both did well. White read the game well and didnt leave much opportunities for Maupay & comrades, while Maupay was instrumental in winning the ball back up front over and over again.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
It wasn't all of us in the North Stand. There was some booing which, if it was aimed at White like it seemed, was a disgrace.

Totally agree - entirely uncalled for. The lad gave everything for us last season, and no genuine fan would have begrudged him his move, especially for £50m.
Classless gesture from the few :ffsparr:

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Totally agree - entirely uncalled for. The lad gave everything for us last season, and no genuine fan would have begrudged him his move, especially for £50m.
Classless gesture from the few :ffsparr:

It'll doubtless have been from a number of the clueless mob all clubs have. When he was called up for England, I remember him saying how surprised he was that it was him and not Dunk, as LD did amazing things daily in training/games. The fella's got class all over, as long as Arsenal get as much out of him as our manager did.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was annoyed at a small ish section of the north booing. Seemed from the middle. Maybe they are the younger ones who aren’t so appreciative of where we’ve come. He seems a really nice guy, clearly very popular with our squad as per the end of the match and can’t blame him for joining a ‘big 6’ and doubling his wages etc - although he’s picked one of the 2 bad big 6 teams / clubs. I barely noticed Ben yesterday I have to say - but we dominated the ball and they kind of lumped it a little as they ran out of ideas and we’re scared of our press.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
North Stand booing Ben White seemed a bit classless / naff ?

Very weird, I had to do a double take when I heard the booing to see who it was being aimed at, I could not understand why Ben White was getting booed by some in the North Stand.

Mitch73

Sep 2, 2021
Surprised to hear it, but you just need a few kids joining in because they think everyone’s doing it and it suddenly sounds quite loud. Like others have said, he did great for us and we got a more than decent amount for the lad, so not sure what their issue was. But I suppose that’s football.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It wasn't just the north booing. Some were booing in the West Upper. As mentioned already, classless and unnecessary.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Seems so pointless for someone who left on good terms in an obvious attempt to further their career, can't say I blamed him for the move and if you were booing White yesterday then have a word with yourself

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Add me to those who were surprised at the booing.

When we were queuing for the train at Brighton my son asked what sort of reception he'd get. I thought probably a nice round of applause followed by the "50 million" song to wind him up but I said "we won't boo him".

Disappointing.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Didn't hear any booing in East Lower level with the pen spot North stand end. Couldn't have been very loud, doubt the players heard it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It wasn't just the north booing. Some were booing in the West Upper. As mentioned already, classless and unnecessary.

I’m in the WSU North end, I definitely didn’t hear any booing around me, definitely sounded like it was only coming from the North Stand.
[MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] Did you hear anything in WSU?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports