Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Maupay abused by own fans on social media

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Considering it’s not the first time why does he bother to go on that shitty site. I get the argument he has every right and shouldn’t be abused although it’s similar to going to into a dodgy pub full of knuckle draggers whatever you do it’s only going to end one way so you steer clear.
Why shouldn't he? Surely somebody should be free to say whatever they like, wherever they like, without being abused for it. Good for him for calling it out, I say 👍🏼

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally I don’t see why someone should have to adapt their behavior due to a bully. I agree and understand some might want to walk away. But I am glad some don’t.
They shouldn’t, but why open yourself up to morons?

It’s just a circular argument. I could see the way Twitter was going so I came off it.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They shouldn’t, but why open yourself up to morons?

It’s just a circular argument. I could see the way Twitter was going so I came off it.
This discussion does remind me of the Tommy Cooper gag where goes to his doctor, lifts his arm and says “Doctor doctor It hurts when I do this”. “Don’t do it then” is the Doctors response

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why shouldn't he? Surely somebody should be free to say whatever they like, wherever they like, without being abused for it. Good for him for calling it out, I say 👍🏼
He is free to say exactly what he wants I’m saying why use that platform. The clubs do media interviews with players after the game why not say it then and be done with it.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
This discussion does remind me of the Tommy Cooper gag where goes to his doctor, lifts his arm and says “Doctor doctor It hurts when I do this”. “Don’t do it then” is the Doctors response
So a lady goes to the Police, “I'm scared to leave my house because a man has been stalking me”. “Dont go out then” is the Policeman’s response.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So a lady goes to the Police, “I'm scared to leave my house because a man has been stalking me”. “Dont go out then” is the Policeman’s response.
Not really comparable though IMO.
Anything can be spun.

I think you nailed it on post #3, but personally if I was Maupay I just wouldn’t bother. These people are imbeciles.

@Herr Tubthumper makes a good point about bullies etc….

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tommy Cooper’s gag is better

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was simply quoting a gag I like; I wasn’t suggesting anything.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He is free to say exactly what he wants I’m saying why use that platform. The clubs do media interviews with players after the game why not say it then and be done with it.
Again, why shouldn't he? Someone - anyone - should be able to use whichever platform they like to say anything they want without fear of serious abuse coming back their way. Not EVERY player goes in front of the media, either.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Literally anyone on a planet of billions of people can post idiotic comments on FB, Insta, X or whatever. Why is it a surprise and an outrage that one or more comments are unacceptable, pathetic, hurtful etc. It's as if one expects there are no morons, racists or wankers amongst the world population? If the platform does nothing to stop it (and currently they don't) then stay off it or grow a thicker skin or get the police involved.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Unfortunately, I fear that it could well be the plod's response.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I came off my favourite social media for many years because it was overrun with prancing ninnies.

I peeked back and rejoined when I found that most of them had been banned.

The rest I can put on ignore.

I'm guessing you can't do you do that on Twitter.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I came off my favourite social media for many years because it was overrun with prancing ninnies.

I peeked back and rejoined when I found that most of them had been banned.

The rest I can put on ignore.

I'm guessing you can't do you do that on Twitter.
Yes, you can. You can mute people so they can read your posts, but you don’t see the replis, or you can block them, which means they can’t see you either.
I’ve also reported the trolls, getting one or two banned.
Even today, I’ve reported a builder in Brighton who posted 6 dead wasn’t enough from the Channel incident.

It’s not as effective now Musk has taken over. He’s also allowed people like Trump back in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, you can. You can mute people so they can read your posts, but you don’t see the replis, or you can block them, which means they can’t see you either.
Even today, I’ve reported a builder in Brighton who posted 6 dead wasn’t enough from the Channel incident.

It’s not as effective now Musk has taken over. He’s also allowed people like Trump back in.
I see. I suppose that if you are inundated with tossers (if you are unlike ourselves, famous) it can be a bit of a bins having to empty the cat litter every few minutes.

I suppose that for me I like chatting with Brighton supporters but feel disinclined to engage with the eider world without prior selection criteria. So Twitter has no appeal.

:thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's my one and only go to joke
It’s a great gag. I have a number of go tos…all of a similar “groan” standard :lolol:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

I've reported numerous posters on twitter, most of them spouting the "sex offender" nonsense about Dunk and the remainder for homohobic abuse or threatening violence. In every case except one twitter's response has been that the post doesn't violate their rules, despite the fact that their rules explicitly identify such posts as violations. It used to be an unregulated mess and now it's a fascist-leaning, unregulated mess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here