[Albion] Maty Ryan

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stay classy, there is zero mileage in a random gloating bounce

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Whilst on the subject of ex goalkeepers I watched a slimmed down David Stockdale in goal for Wycombe at Ipswich last week . Distribution was excellent and made a couple of good saves, seemed to be enjoying his football all be it in league 1. A crowd of 26,500 made for a decent atmosphere at Portman Road which is not what I've experienced when travelling with the Albion over recent years .No sign of Walton though, assume he's injured.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Whilst on the subject of ex goalkeepers I watched a slimmed down David Stockdale in goal for Wycombe at Ipswich last week . Distribution was excellent and made a couple of good saves, seemed to be enjoying his football all be it in league 1. A crowd of 26,500 made for a decent atmosphere at Portman Road which is not what I've experienced when travelling with the Albion over recent years .No sign of Walton though, assume he's injured.

Walton missed the game as he tested positive for covid.

[tweet]1476317875258511360[/tweet]

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Great. We are 8th. Let's celebrate by bouncing a thread to encourage people to put the boot into an ex-player.

Not all unkind thoughts have to be posted on here.

:facepalm:

I don't feel I was putting the boot in. I was pointing out one of the reasons we have got to 8th is Sanchez ability to pull off saves like the one he made yesterday.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't feel I was putting the boot in. I was pointing out one of the reasons we have got to 8th is Sanchez ability to pull off saves like the one he made yesterday.
The thread bounce will encourage people to slag Ryan off.

Just so unnecessary - that was all done and dusted.

Anyway, no more on this thread from me. I hope it sinks back down the board.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
F**k me I hope they run out of stupid pills soon.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So are we all in agreement now that droppping Matt Ryan was one of the biggest turning points of 2021 and has contributed massively to us being a top 10 club now?

Matt Ryan was soooo bad in the last 2 seasons.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

No not really in agreement.

It did help that Sanchez is a better keeper but nothing comes down to one player.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Great. We are 8th. Let's celebrate by bouncing a thread to encourage people to put the boot into an ex-player.

Very much agreed. Matty goes back to our very first season in the EPL. Nobody starting yesterday was playing for us then. There have been 'upgrades' everywhere as players have been replaced by those with better PL quality.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Well said. We have a Connolly thread to put the boot in and post unkind thoughts.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Can anyone play this game? I'll go for Cucurella is better than Kerry Mayo. Lol! Where is he now? Snigger, etc.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Nothing to do with the other 10 players then.

The other 10 players arent substantially different though. Ok cucerella is a big upgrade, but not much else. Who can forget when we used to dominate games like man u and Chelsea at home, only for Matty to let in EVERY shot on target.

The replacement of Matt Ryan is the biggest factor in our resurgence IMHO. Controversial and happy to argue the point.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
The other 10 players arent substantially different though. Ok cucerella is a big upgrade, but not much else. Who can forget when we used to dominate games like man u and Chelsea at home, only for Matty to let in EVERY shot on target.

The replacement of Matt Ryan is the biggest factor in our resurgence IMHO. Controversial and happy to argue the point.

Think you're trying too hard to be controversial tbf. Maty Ryan did very well for us at first and then his form dropped off. Seemed passionate for the Albion during most of his time here. No hard feelings from me. Sanchez is a better keeper of course but was too young to displace Ryan earlier. And no, Sanchez is not the biggest factor imo (and if you thought he was why not post on the Sanchez thread rather than the Ryan one?).

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Nothing to do with the other 10 players then.

I'm not sure why you're getting your knickers in a twist with me on this. I clearly said "one of the reasons". And I don;t think anyone is disputing that Sanchez has made a difference. I am not putting the boot in - I saw an opportunity to discuss Sanchez' astonishing save yesterday that seemed to have gone a bit under the radar.

Jesus, there are some sensitive folk on NSC.*

Edit: * as if that is new news!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here