Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan joins Arsenal

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Clearly hasn’t accepted the fact that Potter and Roberts think Big Bob is the better keeper, and Steele the preferred backup. Management are paid to make tough decisions and deliver tough messages - which Potter has done. Suck it up and move on Maty, and thanks for everything.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
This.

Plus, let's be honest, almost every player thinks the same thing when they move to us. You think Mac, Trossard, Bissouma, Lamptey etc. want to play for Brighton for the next 10 years?

Still not the wisest or most respectful thing to say though.

Don’t forget DJ Locadia said something similar about stepping stones upon joining us
Look how that’s worked out So far :dunce:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is he starting against The Leeds?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don’t forget DJ Locadia said something similar about stepping stones upon joining us
Look how that’s worked out So far :dunce:

Care to name the last player who successfully used us as a stepping stone? Most disappear into the abyss when they leave.

This is set to change with quite a few current players I think, Ryan is more an abyss player though :smile:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Clearly hasn’t accepted the fact that Potter and Roberts think Big Bob is the better keeper, and Steele the preferred backup. Management are paid to make tough decisions and deliver tough messages - which Potter has done. Suck it up and move on Maty, and thanks for everything.

Steele / Walton preferred as back up Fully understand why
I suspect we will be moaning in the summer about letting Ryan leave for a nominal or nil fee
Just to get him off the wage bill I doubt minge bags Arsenal will pay for him

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Steele / Walton preferred as back up Fully understand why
I suspect we will be moaning in the summer about letting Ryan leave for a nominal or nil fee
Just to get him off the wage bill I doubt minge bags Arsenal will pay for him

We paid about 4.5m for him, and he now has plenty of PL experience. We should be able to at least recoup that in the summer, I'd have thought.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We paid about 4.5m for him, and he now has plenty of PL experience. We should be able to at least recoup that in the summer, I'd have thought.

What does that make Sanchez worth who we’ve had since he was 15?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Shock! horror! Loanee bigs up the club he is with in fluff interview. I think the most unusual thing of this is that the loan club in this instance is actually a bigger club.

I'm sure he said something similar, about moving on to bigger things from Brighton after a few years back near the start of his time with us. I think back then we were all 'if he gets a chance at a bigger club, that means he's done well for us and we'll wish him good luck'.

If arsenal are interested in keeping him, it's because for the last few year he has done well with us. Good luck to him. Stop being so precious because someone who played for us doesn't see it as the dream and final destination of their career.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Care to name the last player who successfully used us as a stepping stone? Most disappear into the abyss when they leave.

This is set to change with quite a few current players I think, Ryan is more an abyss player though :smile:

Mark Lawrenson, Bobby Zamora, Sergei Gotsmanov (but that was leaving the old communist block to the West rather than football), Jimmy Case (although that was just because we let him go wrongly, Dean Saunders (although not straight away). Not many tho', you are spot on, and nobody recently.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Hmmm OK springs to mind immediately BZ Virgs which tells a tale Although I’m not accusing them of Locardia itus
Glass hamstrings and Bridders didn’t work out Can’t think at the moment tbf
It’s a nice problem to have Shows Our improvement from the depths to where we find ourselves now
In an odd way it’s nice following the progress of those we let go So they can progress
Now at levels below us
Bosman has an effect on this Dare I say Muzza on a technicality?
As he got to the PL before us But it scores minus points Because the working environment up the road
Is somewhat lacking in pest control

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Regardless of how long we've had him he's only got about a dozen or so PL appearances under his belt. Give it a year and if he's maintained and built on the standards set so far, he'll be a £20m+ asset easily.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hmmm OK springs to mind immediately BZ Virgs which tells a tale Although I’m not accusing them of Locardia itus
Glass hamstrings and Bridders didn’t work out Can’t think at the moment tbf
It’s a nice problem to have Shows Our improvement from the depths to where we find ourselves now
In an odd way it’s nice following the progress of those we let go So they can progress

Steve Cook and Tommy Elphick got to the Premier League quicker by moving on.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Mark Lawrenson, Bobby Zamora, Sergei Gotsmanov (but that was leaving the old communist block to the West rather than football), Jimmy Case (although that was just because we let him go wrongly, Dean Saunders (although not straight away). Not many tho', you are spot on, and nobody recently.

Ulloa? He has a PL winners medal.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

A whole lot more.

I listened to the full interview. He has a very high opinion of himself. To discuss being dropped and barely mentioning it could be what was happening on the pitch and suggesting it was something political is stretching the truth, would have loved to have batted back to him why Brighton have suddenly got the second best current form and points total. He also has a wonderful use of incorrect English and words.

If I’m honest he comes over as a bit of a tit, but must be happy as he sits on the bench of a hugely massive step up of a club that is Arsenal. Yes the same massive club with hugely better super stars who are currently sitting an amazing 5 points above little old tinpot Brighton.

Bet when he returns to Brighton he will have a few awkward conversations with our inferior players.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think this is called “putting on a brave face”...

The facts are there for all to see. Since Sanchez has become our number one we’ve embarked on a club record unbeaten run, kept clean sheets most weeks, a huge improvement to our defence and more importantly started winning games again, including at Anfield, one of the best victories of our clubs history.

Matty should just worry about his own business, because although his debut for Arsenal was ok, I think the guy is a liability as a keeper and the Arsenal fans will be far more brutal than most.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Regardless of how long we've had him he's only got about a dozen or so PL appearances under his belt. Give it a year and if he's maintained and built on the standards set so far, he'll be a £20m+ asset easily.

If he keeps up the levels he’s at now, and doesn’t improve, 20 m wouldn’t buy his left leg.

Kepa,72 million, Allison 65 million.

Plus Spanish Bob qualifies as homegrown.

If he’s as good at the end of next season, as he is now, 40- 50 million.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

I agree we should get £££ for MR
Just have a feeling we will be bemoaning the deal when it happens

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here