Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Interesting, to say the least.

https://twitter.com/seagullscentral/status/1360955330356723720?s=21

F2C70D62-89DB-42C6-A077-114CE617C0D0.png

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
must admit it doesn't put MR in best light. He has had 3 good seasons, but this year it was almost like every shot went in, and we lost confidence in defending as a result. He has moved on and so have we, but its a performance based word in elite football and that was why he was ultimately dropped.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:lolol:

I must admit I find his words bizarre, understandable if he’d gone there as first choice but he’s just going to be a glorified hot water bottle/bench warmer? Martinez at Villa is proving it’s better to actually play for a medium sized club than bench warm at a so-called top team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What a ****, good riddance. He has been shit this season. He was moved out because he was no longer good enough for such a small club, end of

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maty was very good for us, helped establish us in the Premier League, but things change, people move on, that's the natural way of things in football.

I won't ever say a bad thing about him though.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What a knobby tweet. Maybe if he had actually saved a bigger percentage of the shots he had faced he would still be here. Long live Sanchez

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I would think, that given the statement he’s making there that he has been given assurances that he will be singing for Arsenal permanently in the summer.
Their loss , as Martinez proved yesterday, he is a far better keeper than Ryan, and he was on the bench behind Leno for the arse.

I imagine we have more or less seen the last of Maty Ryan in the PL as a first team regular.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
funny how many people let themselves down with the words they choose as they walk out the door.

funny how naive some people are when the actual departure hasn’t really concluded

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Something went seriously wrong this season.
There's no way he would've said something like that before this season. He's been a model pro and a gent.
I suspect whatever happened between him and Maupay/Connolly was either the begining or end of a serious rift.

Also, he could very realistically play one, ONE, game for Arsenal and then be back at the Amex.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Something went seriously wrong this season.
There's no way he would've said something like that before this season. He's been a model pro and a gent.
I suspect whatever happened between him and Maupay/Connolly was either the begining or end of a serious rift.

Also, he could very realistically play one, ONE, game for Arsenal and then be back at the Amex.

I think it’s very easy to be a model pro and gent while things are going well for you.

It’s when things aren’t going so well you find out about people and their attitude

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports