Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan joins Arsenal

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's contracted to us until 2022, I believe. Could be some interesting .... err .... conversations with his team mates if the Arse send him back in the summer.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I can only assume that something has gone on behind the scenes that we don't, or ever will, know about. :shrug:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Having watched the actual interview, rather than those particular quotes, it isn't anywhere near as bad as it sounds.

This.

Plus, let's be honest, almost every player thinks the same thing when they move to us. You think Mac, Trossard, Bissouma, Lamptey etc. want to play for Brighton for the next 10 years?

Still not the wisest or most respectful thing to say though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Something went seriously wrong this season.
There's no way he would've said something like that before this season. He's been a model pro and a gent.
I suspect whatever happened between him and Maupay/Connolly was either the begining or end of a serious rift.

Also, he could very realistically play one, ONE, game for Arsenal and then be back at the Amex.

Perhaps the midget went for Maupay and he was told he needed more humility but being an Aussie he didn’t understand such a long word.

The proof is there for all to see, glad I was always right, he’s not very good.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Having watched the actual interview, rather than those particular quotes, it isn't anywhere near as bad as it sounds.

It’s not as matter of fact as it appears

However his attitude towards a club he is still contracted to and gave him the chance in the PL is poor.

Also looking to shift the blame at the club about believing in him and that effected him ........ the club moved on because of your performances not because they were itching for change.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems odd for footballer to say brought rather than move, especially when they're on loan.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
From his quotes you’d think he’d gone to someone like Man City as first choice rather than to a mid-table team as back up.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Maty was very good for us, helped establish us in the Premier League, but things change, people move on, that's the natural way of things in football.

I won't ever say a bad thing about him though.

If only he had the same morals.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What a ****, good riddance. He has been shit this season. He was moved out because he was no longer good enough for such a small club, end of

Exactly. He was lucky to be playing midway through Hughton’s second season IMO.

As soon as he had to start coming for crosses he was fecked....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly. He was lucky to be playing midway through Hughton’s second season IMO.

As soon as he had to start coming for crosses he was fecked....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the arrogance that gets me, he should have bitten his tongue whatever he thinks. We have improved beyond all recognition since he was dropped. Show some humility, oh yeah he’s Australian, silly me ::wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There you go you see, a player goes out on loan and they forget all about the parent club's 'no dick heads' policy. Sad, really. A man dwarfed by his own delusions. :shrug:

Edit: I see that others have independently reached the same conclusion. This means it must be a fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here