Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan - analysis & discussion

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
You could say that about absolutely every player - Stephens, Propper, Glen, Burn et al but for some reason fans get really protective of Ryan.
I presume it's because he's a decent bloke and love celebrating a goal but I have to be honest I don't think he's good enough

He's good enough for a relegation battle every season but if we are to push on up a level then we do need an upgrade.
He's good enough to keep us in this league but not better than 15th.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Glorious.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is that the first ever goal scorer header from below sea level. :lolol:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The fifth one was a freak goal. Ryan was unlucky

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It’s not been his best performance has it. Fancy getting nutmegged by a header from a bloke who’s fallen over :lol:

It's not good when I read that and think:-

'That would have happened to me as well'.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I've said it before and I'll say it again. generally a very good stopper and postioning usually very good. Also ball play very good. But doesn't command his area and doesn't do enough with the high ball..

If we want to improve we need to have better.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've said it before and I'll say it again. generally a very good stopper and postioning usually very good. Also ball play very good. But doesn't command his area and doesn't do enough with the high ball..

If we want to improve we need to have better.

Did he need to command his area stood behind Dunk and particularly Duffy?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Did he need to command his area stood behind Dunk and particularly Duffy?

Yes.... because if Dunk and Duffy are marking right and left and the ball goes into centre where there's a ;ate run... how's getting it?

Zonal or man marking it's how they work together. How many set piece goals have we conceded this year with Maty on the line?

Second goal....... a good example, although perhaps a ittle harsh... but we aren't only talking tonight are we?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He's even passing it to them now - jesus should we consider Button for the next match?

It’s such a difficult position to manage, I don’t think you can rest a goal keeper without potentially upsetting them.

This next window will be very interesting. I’ve speculated here that Potter probably needs a better keeper but couldn’t make the change midway through his first season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here