Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan - analysis & discussion

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes. (Goal 4)

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I'd like to see the stats of shots on target vs goals since the restart - can't recall many saves.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd like to see the stats of shots on target vs goals since the restart - can't recall many saves.

He is turning into Joe Hart. Looks good diving around but doesn’t get near them

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FFS thats pathetic but don't criticise him or you're accused of not being a fan

Absolutely nothing wrong with being critical about that.

If only the agenda posse had kept their powder dry they could have gone after him with universal agreement.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

If only the agenda posse had kept their powder dry they could have gone after him with universal agreement.

Now we’re allowed to be critical, good to know. Maybe some people were just ahead of the curve.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Now we’re allowed to be critical, good to know. Maybe some people were just ahead of the curve.

:lol: Only when those with a high post count allow it - before then, if you say anything critical you're a plastic fan and should go and support a top 6 club.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

You could say that about absolutely every player - Stephens, Propper, Glen, Burn et al but for some reason fans get really protective of Ryan.
I presume it's because he's a decent bloke and love celebrating a goal but I have to be honest I don't think he's good enough

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Poor man’s Nicky Rust tonight

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
Official stats for shots on target are not particularly useful as a pea-roller from 30 yards goes down as a shot on target. But his stats for genuine efforts on target can't be great unfortunately. There's been key games this season where he's been beaten by practically the only effort on target (such as home games v Burnley, Villa and Palace). Pope earned Burnley a point at Anfield today by all accounts and I struggle to recall similar from Ryan this season.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Official stats for shots on target are not particularly useful as a pea-roller from 30 yards goes down as a shot on target. But his stats for genuine efforts on target can't be great unfortunately. There's been key games this season where he's been beaten by practically the only effort on target (such as home games v Burnley, Villa and Palace). Pope earned Burnley a point at Anfield today by all accounts and I struggle to recall similar from Ryan this season.

Very true re shots on target - although I'd wager Dunk has blocked more shots than Ryan recently.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You could say that about absolutely every player - Stephens, Propper, Glen, Burn et al but for some reason fans get really protective of Ryan.
I presume it's because he's a decent bloke and love celebrating a goal but I have to be honest I don't think he's good enough

My main gripe with his critics is the whole notion of 'he doesn't save worldie's', that's just ridiculous.
Made all the more stupid when it comes from the people who took against v Valencia, and before.

Sterling crashes the ball into the side netting first, through a sprawling Webster and we get 'Mr Tickle would have saved that', the glee is palpable.

By the time we get to the fourth it's obvious, to me, we don't have that many situations that induce a 'what the fook was he doing there' reaction, but to read his critics you'd be forgiven for thinking that's every game and he's stealing a living..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here