Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mattock to sign and another player in talks

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
I don't think Sitch is a good source. I get the impression he makes up things. I think the only thing he got correct was CMS, which he was not the first to reveal anyway.

I'll believe these signings when they happen. Although anyone could guess that Mattock might sign.

Aw thank you :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think Sitch is a good source. I get the impression he makes up things. I think the only thing he got correct was CMS, which he was not the first to reveal anyway.
Can you post a link to whoever revealed us buying CMS first?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick

I'll believe these signings when they happen. Although anyone could guess that Mattock might sign.

This is exactly why people who post genuine info and are privy to genuine info don't bother to post it anymore.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
This is exactly why people who post genuine info and are privy to genuine info don't bother to post it anymore.

Spot on.

Sadly things happen so quickly in football, ive been privvy to some genuine transfer news on more than one occasion, one time the deal happened the other it didnt for one reason or another
What is good and genuine information one day might be bad the following day.... but people will just say im spouting shit if I Posted it, and it didnt happen

Therefore I dont bother.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I hear bits from contacts in some local clubs - trouble is that "local" is the midlands! I rarely hear anything about Albion in terms of transfers (hear a lot about our ownership/management/commercial operations and stadium though - all positive). have been a few little rumours that didn't happen although I know they were genuine (talking to Kevin Phillips for example) and for what it's worth I was told the other day by someone who might know that they"were not aware of us talking to Emile Heskey" - not sure if that is positive or not. It seems rather to qualify as "not transfer news".

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can you post a link to whoever revealed us buying CMS first?

Craig Mackail Smith signed 04-07-2011

Murraymints4Brighton talking about a bid in january 2011
Craig Mackail Smith

Mike79 reporting the sun had mentioned norwich bid for him 01-06-2011
Craig Mackail Smith has signed for a Premier League team?!

Lush all right, not suggesting he was signing, but interesting choice of example 06-06-2011
Craig Mack-Ale - suggestions for Albion celebratory foodstuffs?

mejonaN012 aka riskit when everyone else was writing off CMS as having signed for leicester, seemingly suggesting he knew something 01-07-2011 14:23
Craig Mackail-Smith 'expected to join' Leicester City (merged) - Page 2

Two days after mejona's post:
Sitch 03-07-2011
Hello
Which, for those not bothering to read the links took the form "I work at the amex and someone is being shown around the amex, but I won't say who".

The most common guesses were CMS, because it was already rumoured on here we were after him. He didn't exactly reveal that we were signing CMS, he said that someone was being shown around and if we signed him it would be a big signing, but wouldn't say who, so can't be credited with breaking the story. Most people must have known we were after CMS and in with a shout if they guess him for the unknown person sitch saw at the amex.

On the day he signed, it was the guy from talksport who was the first to say cms had chosen brighton.
Talk sport 05:25 this morning 'CMS to sign for Brighton today'!!

Last edited:

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

Craig Mackail Smith

Lush all right, not suggesting he was signing, but interesting choice of example 06-06-2011

mejonaN012 aka riskit when everyone else was writing off CMS as having signed for leicester, seemingly suggesting he knew something 01-07-2011 14:23

Sitch 03-07-2011
Hello
Which, for those not bothering to read the links took the form "I work at the amex and someone is being shown around the amex, but I won't say who".

The most common guesses were CMS, because it was already rumoured on here we were after him. He didn't exactly reveal that we were signing CMS, he said that someone was being shown around and if we signed him it would be a big signing, but wouldn't say who, so can't be credited with breaking the story. Most people must have known we were after CMS and in with a shout if they guess him for the unknown person sitch saw at the amex.

On the day he signed, it was the guy from talksport who was the first to say cms had chosen brighton.

Great detective work, makes miss marple look like an amateur....oh

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Craig Mackail Smith

Sitch 03-07-2011
Hello

Further research:

grummitts gloves 15-06-2011 (simster commented on having the same source, hans kraay fan club also heard the same thing)
Lua lua is coming - Page 19

mike79 reporting us in for him 21-06-2011
CMS (merged) (92 page thread, can't be bothered to go all through it, but page 22...

...On the day he signed, as well as the talksport link, ssn reporter Graeme Baily tweeted it
CMS (merged) - Page 22

Incidentally, going through the results of searches for 'craig mackail smith' it's surprising how many people considered us having absolutely no chance whatsoever. Norwich were after him, leicester and west ham have the money, etc.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Craig Mackail Smith

Sitch 03-07-2011
Hello

Further research:

grummitts gloves 15-06-2011 (simster commented on having the same source, hans kraay fan club also heard the same thing)
Lua lua is coming - Page 19

mike79 reporting us in for him 21-06-2011
CMS (merged) (92 page thread, can't be bothered to go all through it, but page 22...

...On the day he signed, as well as the talksport link, ssn reporter Graeme Baily tweeted it
CMS (merged) - Page 22

Incidentally, going through the results of searches for 'craig mackail smith' it's surprising how many people considered us having absolutely no chance whatsoever. Norwich were after him, leicester and west ham have the money, etc.
NSC has a search function.

Webbzy

South West Corner Seagull
Jun 3, 2012
Portslade
I read somewhere about Southampton, Sunderland and Fulham were interested if that's the case I don't see him signing for us, I believe he would fit straight in at Sunderland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here