Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Upson

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
No, we need this guy.

paname__o_542182487_1391692909_1399466687_1416568358.jpg

Roman Torres.

Been linked with Forest, Swansea, Blackpool and Palmeiras in the last five years but still at Millionarios in Colombia. 6' 2" and a beast in defence. Also can score, as he did last night against Mexico.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Easily solved: sell Dunk £4.5m bid £2m for Elphick and sign Upson problem solved for next season. Worry about 16/17 nearer the time.

:lol: :lol: love your posts BG - would love to know who's 2nd account this is :)

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Can't fault the role Upson played whilst he was here and had hoped he'd retire here. Would I like him back now though? Hmmmm, probably not. Though he would be a great role model for Dallison and White, he had major injury problems last year and can easily see him and Greer (who seems to be always picking little niggles up recently) both being out at the same time. Would rather we opted for someone slightly younger who could be around for 2 seasons, someone like Carlos Cuellar.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I personally wouldnt take him back, he was exceptional for us but he rejected us to goto leicester and now we need to move on and not get him back, as we need to sign someone younger in defence with a bit of pace.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I personally wouldnt take him back, he was exceptional for us but he rejected us to goto leicester and now we need to move on and not get him back, as we need to sign someone younger in defence with a bit of pace.

Exactly. Yeah Upson was great for us but he spent most of last season injured and is getting on rather now, good luck to the bloke though.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Upson was great for us but his injury record before he joined us was not good & his injury record after he left was not good maybe we should just count our lucky stars that he played as many games for us that he did.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Apparently Bruno played well alongside Rea at Crawley last night according to an ex player, so perhaps that could be the back up if needed.

Yes, Bruno did do well, and communication and experience wise, with Greer out he adds quite a lot, especially given Dunk is so quiet. However, physically he is lacking in terms of height.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
One thing our side is desperately lacking in pace across the back. Upson, although good positionally, has never been fast and at 36 isn't getting any quicker. To be honest, I'd rather have someone 10 years younger and half a yard faster.

Don't get me wrong he did a superb job for us but even had he stayed with us, we'd be in real trouble if he was first choice again this season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Too old now, and had a further injury after leaving the albion.

We need a younger new centre back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here