Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Upson

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
36 is not too old as centre half if he has looked after himself

Although I agree, 36 is old for a centre half who's spent the majority of the preceding season injured or benched and where his partner is a 33/34 year old. We struggle against pace as it is and I really would like us to be looking at younger options.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Is he a good coach then?

He isn't even a coach, so good or bad doesn't come into it. Do we know that he even wants to become a coach? He certainly hasn't made a start on any coaching badges.

Some people seem to assume that if you were once a good player you would automatically want to become a coach. That isn't true at all.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Although I agree, 36 is old for a centre half who's spent the majority of the preceding season injured or benched and where his partner is a 33/34 year old. We struggle against pace as it is and I really would like us to be looking at younger options.

She looks younger than that, though

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It wasn't. IIRC the common consensus on here was that Jones is a useless Welsh weasel who offers nothing to the club.

#NSClogic

That was the consensus, but also that Jones was picking the team and was part of the reason that Oscar left - obviously completely debunked when Oscar subsequently offered Jones the job of his #2 at his next job.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One Irish media outlet is saying Alex Pearce of Reading is going to Derby and Reading have identified Paul McShane as Pearce's replacement. This would be an opportunity missed - never mind Upson, a pairing of Dunk and McShane should be Top 6 quality.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't know why people on here start all of these threads about former player. I can guarantee you that the manager didn't sit down and say ''OK lets see who played for brighton in the past and lets go out and get him''

Having played here in the past won't even come into the equation, and rightly so

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I don't know why people on here start all of these threads about former player. I can guarantee you that the manager didn't sit down and say ''OK lets see who played for brighton in the past and lets go out and get him''

Having played here in the past won't even come into the equation, and rightly so

In most instances, yes, however there are some rare instances where having previously played for a club is clearly the main reason why a player has returned and you can clearly see why this might apply to Zamora. Think Fowler at Liverpool, Drogba at Chelsea, Henry at Arsenal and least we forget CMS at Peterborough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here