Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Sparrow FUTURE

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Tommy Elphick just tweeted Matt
"any danger of you making your mind up on where your going?!?!"

I'm suprised how public they talk to each other about things like that.
Don't they text each other? :ohmy:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Probably wouldn't if Gus hadn't publically said Sparrow has no future.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Probably wouldn't if Gus hadn't publically said Sparrow has no future.

Think Gus was just laying his cards on the table to help Sparrow and Vincelot out and I am sure that he will be saying the same about a few more before long as it does nobody any good to have players hanging about who have no chance of making the team or even the bench.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Think Gus was just laying his cards on the table to help Sparrow and Vincelot out and I am sure that he will be saying the same about a few more before long as it does nobody any good to have players hanging about who have no chance of making the team or even the bench.

I can understand Gus wanting to get rid of Sparrow but Vincelot IMO is extremely under rated. He's great in the air and Is very versatile. Would rather keep him ahead of dicker Harley and sparrow

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's a shame Poyet has decided Sparrow and Vincelot are surplus to requirements. I think he's probably looking at the bigger picture in terms of clearing up wages and reducing the number of players in our first team squad, but Sparrow and Vincelot both have worth. Harley doesn't, he might not be so easy to move on but he should be first choice to tell to sling his hook.

As for Sparrow, I know Sheffield United is a possibility. Presumably, Bournemouth is too after Elphick's possible red herring tweet... Wherever he goes will be getting a lightweight but technically gifted midfielder with energy, a desire AND ability to shoot from 20 yards and someone who isn't going to upset anyone in the dressing room.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Shame he is on the way out. Last season sendings off aside thought he was ok. Harley is dog s**t he has to go first. Hope we don't get too many injuries though as surely sparrow and Vincent was our depth.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasnt there a post about Vincelot suffering from when he broke his shoulder or collar bone and cannot play for 90 mins or get stuck in physically. If that is the case is it not better for them and us for them to find a club that enables them to play every week.

Last edited:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
i really like sparrow, probably only because of his goal against southampton but still, he seems to be a hard working player, always gives 100% and not afraid to BREAK A FEW LEGS if need be.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Scunthorpe

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
i really like sparrow, probably only because of his goal against southampton but still, he seems to be a hard working player, always gives 100% and not afraid to BREAK A FEW LEGS if need be.

Gus likes dicker so no chance I hate to say as Dicker is league one at best

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Would rather see Harley and Dicker go than Sparrow and Vincelot. Harley has been a massive disappointment and Dicker seems out of his depth in the Championship.

Sparrow is an energetic, goalscoring, tough tackling midfielder and Vincelot is at least good cover for any of the back four. We had two full backs and a centre back on the bench today. Vincelot could cover all three. Sounded like todays game was crying out for Sparrow today, midfielder winning the ball and breaking forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here