Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Sparrow FUTURE

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I can understand Gus wanting to get rid of Sparrow but Vincelot IMO is extremely under rated. He's great in the air and Is very versatile. Would rather keep him ahead of dicker Harley and sparrow

I wouldn't rate Vinceot above Dicker but he's certainly a more valuable squad member than Harley and Sparrow. Especially taking into account his versatility and the probability of injuries during the season.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Gus likes dicker so no chance I hate to say as Dicker is league one at best

I loved dicker in league one, but since he came back from injury he hasn't proven himself as a capable championship player. I wasn't at hull today so I don't know if he has improved off the back of last season in a league situation, but he looked poor against Swindon.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I loved dicker in league one, but since he came back from injury he hasn't proven himself as a capable championship player. I wasn't at hull today so I don't know if he has improved off the back of last season in a league situation, but he looked poor against Swindon.

This, but it started before the injury.
Was embarrassed for a lack of pace and half-asleep passing against CP and others.

Sparrow has some pace, is positive, tenacious and can pass. Just needs to cut out the mistimed lunges.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I can understand Gus wanting to get rid of Sparrow but Vincelot IMO is extremely under rated. He's great in the air and Is very versatile. Would rather keep him ahead of dicker Harley and sparrow

Totaly agree , but who is going to want Dicker Harley or Sparrow

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Think Gus was just laying his cards on the table to help Sparrow and Vincelot out and I am sure that he will be saying the same about a few more before long as it does nobody any good to have players hanging about who have no chance of making the team or even the bench.
How would that have helped them?

Every team in the country will know they are available for transfer. Gus didn't need to make it public. He spent the summer saying he wasn't going to name names, and then he did that!

Wouldn't be surprised if its ex-players trying to stir things up a bit.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I don't understand why Gus didn't tell these players that they had no futures at the club after the end of last season?:shrug:

I still prefer Spaz to Dicker personally.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Re; Dicker - Gus has consistently said he values Dicker particularly as he 'understands they way he wants the team to play better than most' (paraphrase). Unfortunately, understanding and being able to perform that way consistently at this level are two different things. Having said that it appeared he had a good game yesterday, and will certainly benefit from playing with Crofts again. Sparrow has been a bit unlucky, but it seems his lack of discipline on the pitch has done him no favours, and if Gus sees Dicker as having more tactical nous then he knows best. I feel sorry for Vincelot, really rate him, but again - perhaps a combination of poor discipline (remember the petulant punch last season?) and the shoulder injury have done for him as far as his chances with us are concerned? I've defended Harley on here often but am now coming to the conclusion that he will be a bit-part player at best, his heart just doesn't seem in it. Shame 'cos he has bags of ability. As for Hoskins, he pretty much signed his own eventual exit with the loan request last season. I doubt his tweets have helped much either.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How would that have helped them?

Every team in the country will know they are available for transfer. Gus didn't need to make it public. He spent the summer saying he wasn't going to name names, and then he did that!

Until Gus makes it public or puts them on the transfer list it is speculation and any club could be liable for a charge of poaching. Rather surprised Portsmouth didn't try to get them both on loan for a month.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Presumably all these people who are saying they would get rid of Dicker didn't go yesterday.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Until Gus makes it public or puts them on the transfer list it is speculation and any club could be liable for a charge of poaching. Rather surprised Portsmouth didn't try to get them both on loan for a month.
No, you're thinking of championship manager, where you go to the "transfer list" to see whos on there. Doesn't really work like that in real life. If a club wants to off load a player, names are regularly circulated between clubs. Their agents would have also informed every possible buyer that they are available to leave.

There is no transfer list, clubs dont normally make these things public.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
No, you're thinking of championship manager, where you go to the "transfer list" to see whos on there. Doesn't really work like that in real life. If a club wants to off load a player, names are regularly circulated between clubs. Their agents would have also informed every possible buyer that they are available to leave.

There is no transfer list, clubs dont normally make these things public.
So the list on the PFA website of free agents and those transfer listed is fake?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
So the list on the PFA website of free agents and those transfer listed is fake?
I know the PFA have a list of free agents looking for clubs, but the transfer list is not as most would read a transfer list. Any players that any clubs that wants to move them on, are known by every club that might suit them, whether or not they appear on a public "transfer list" or not.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
I know the PFA have a list of free agents looking for clubs, but the transfer list is not as most would read a transfer list. Any players that any clubs that wants to move them on, are known by every club that might suit them, whether or not they appear on a public "transfer list" or not.

Ah right, I see what you mean.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What happens if Bridcutt or Greer get injured? I expect Calderon would be considered as first replacement with Dunk.

But now with Navarro gone, I would have thought that one of the two could be cover. Players have got to go if new players are arriving. We have 24 first team squad professionals and the desired number for the Premier must be 25. So for the Championship 24 or 25 is probably the budget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here