Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Sparrow and Romain Vincelot

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Interesting some are keen to suggest that they have been 'treated appallingly', but we do not see what goes on behind the scenes.

Maybe they have been treated fairly? I'm pretty sure Gus is not the Hitler type that some seem to paint him as.

What is clear is that players whom are not willing to fight for their place or do not act professionally, quickly find themselves on the move.

I like that.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Yep, he was just starting to look a championship player and the more settled he got, the better he was playing. Along with that other good young player, who made a massive impact, for three games then never even made the bench. Now what was his name???

Spot on

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting some are keen to suggest that they have been 'treated appallingly', but we do not see what goes on behind the scenes.

Maybe they have been treated fairly? I'm pretty sure Gus is not the Hitler type that some seem to paint him as.

What is clear is that players whom are not willing to fight for their place or do not act professionally, quickly find themselves on the move.

I like that.

But seeing you are so sure that we do not know what is going on behind the scenes, there is no knowledge that they have been unprofessional, not willing to fight, or that Gus is not harsh. There is nothing of fact "to like that".

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
At least they're allowed to continue training, which is better than being left out on your own. I don't agree with how they've been told to find new clubs, but I don't think they're being treated all that bad.

D

Deleted User X18H

I saw Vicentelotte (is it?) as he came out of the Harry Bloom lounge last night.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think (intuition) Matt Sparrow wants to stay down in Brighton. I see him going to Bournemouth, my bet,

D

Deleted member 18477

Both average championship players BUT as others have said I'd rather have those 2 than Harley and Painter who are below average championship players.

Really weird situation!

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Do you not think that these two might be below average Championship players, that is why Gus isn't playing them?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Give me Sparrow OVER Harley and indeed Hammond (because of his recent perfs) ANYDAY. Sparrow also has Champ experience as well.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When you don't know anything, make it up

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just very surprised that Sparrow hasn't been picked up on loan yet. Proven at league 1 level, did a decent job for us last season. No apparent fitness issues. Must be frustrating for him not playing and having no chance of playing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Cross Poyet at your peril, once you get in his bad books you may as well pack your suitcase.

See Alex Ferguson, Brian Clough, Jose Mourinho, Fabio Cappello etc.

It does seem odd to me though, Sparrow is a decent squad player, and Vincelot can play almost anywhere. I guess we're just aiming a bit higher than that. I would have thought both of them could get moves to lower Championship clubs though.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Gus obviously doesn't see a future for them in the side, and let's face it we are looking upwards now when recruiting new squad players. However both their contracts are being honoured and the club is willing to help them find alternative employment with other clubs. It's hardly shabby treatment, in fact it is pretty fair treatment. Sadly Gus will have no time for sentiment in his handling of the squad that is just modern football. Looking at Sparrow's tweets, he hardly seems the unhappiest of players. I think both will find a new club in january, they are decent Champ and L1 players and can definitely do a job, but I suspect we are looking to play at level higher than their pay grade.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
See Alex Ferguson, Brian Clough, Jose Mourinho, Fabio Cappello etc.

It does seem odd to me though, Sparrow is a decent squad player, and Vincelot can play almost anywhere. I guess we're just aiming a bit higher than that. I would have thought both of them could get moves to lower Championship clubs though.

Bit early to be comparing Poyet with those names.Try picking four managers who have won division 1..Dowie, Jewell, Powell and Pullis. Thats not a dig, I just dont think Poyets name should be compared to the men you state.He has a long way to go before that.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Bit early to be comparing Poyet with those names.Try picking four managers who have won division 1..Dowie, Jewell, Powell and Pullis. Thats not a dig, I just dont think Poyets name should be compared to the men you state.He has a long way to go before that.

Yeah I wasn't really comparing him to them, he is nowhere near that level yet. Just making a point that most top managers have that ruthless streak.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yeah I wasn't really comparing him to them, he is nowhere near that level yet. Just making a point that most top managers have that ruthless streak.

Like Ferguson with Cantona, Capello with Terry you mean? .There is a difference between a ruthless streak and getting rid of your dirty washing,as and when it suits.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I note Brian Laws is back at Scunthorpe and Sparrow had a decent time under him, and quite a close relationship. Loan move back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here