Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Sparrow and Romain Vincelot

GullysGirlsPimp

Aug 24, 2011
Sussex- By-The-Sea
Does anyone really know whats going on with Matt Sparrow and Romain Vincelot, both no longer on the programme, both no longer on the website and Matt has had his number given to Dobbie.

I know they've both been told to look for new clubs, but what on earth have they said/done to warrant being treated so badly by the club??

Personally i'd rather Sparrow in the squad ahead of Harley and Vincelot whilst never really got a chance, wasn't awful. Can anyone shed some light on this situation????

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Why have they been treated badly? They are still being allowed to train with the First Team.

I guess they are just too far down the pecking order to ever be considered for selection.

GullysGirlsPimp

Aug 24, 2011
Sussex- By-The-Sea
Well ok maybe treated badly is the wrong word, but it cant be nice training and knowing you aren't ever going to be involved! Must of done something to warrant that? Sparrow is by far a better player than Harley and to be completely wiped off the programme and website as if they dont exsist??

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Can't shed no light on it. I imagine Sparrow shot his bolt with Poyet at the end of last season with the red cards, as for Vincelot can't think what he could have done and can cover many positions. On the face of it, it's pretty shoddy treatment of two players Poyet signed..However I do know one thing for sure. Cross Poyet at your peril, once you get in his bad books you may as well pack your suitcase.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Seems a little harsh. Sparrow could've done a better job than Hammond has in the last 2 games, and is infinitely better than Harley. I think both are perhaps being punished for some fairly shocking indiscipline last season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasnt it mentioned on here in the past that Vincelot has never recovered from his shoulder injury and cannot last 90 mins in a physically strong match.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Vincelot also got sent off against Burnley for an off the ball incident. Stupid red card. Same with Sparrow, cost us points against Forest last season. Thats what I imagine is the reasoning behind their dismissal.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Not many clubs "discard" their players so publicly do they though? Don't see why they couldn't have been told to seek a move and just dropped from the squad privately - for one thing it might have made them more appealing to other clubs.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Can't shed no light on it. I imagine Sparrow shot his bolt with Poyet at the end of last season with the red cards, as for Vincelot can't think what he could have done and can cover many positions. On the face of it, it's pretty shoddy treatment of two players Poyet signed..However I do know one thing for sure. Cross Poyet at your peril, once you get in his bad books you may as well pack your suitcase.

yes Mr Hoskins! you too.. another player that is not on the programme or on the website.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Matt Sparrow has gone to Nandos tonight with LuaLua, there you go, you said you wanted to know what he is up to. #Hotoffthepress

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
See Matt Sparrow's chip for the reserves in the last minute. Counts as a shot on target but although it could have been a neat pass into the goal, the problem the keeper was in the way. Maybe, he is just not good enough?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Sparrow being in the team last year coincided with our best football and our best run.

Stupid decision to let him leave as he is a good player.

Yep, he was just starting to look a championship player and the more settled he got, the better he was playing. Along with that other good young player, who made a massive impact, for three games then never even made the bench. Now what was his name???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So what, a stupid red card or 2. Countless players at clubs over the years have made this mistake. Ashley Barnes lives on the edge in this respect.

Both were good last season when they played. In fact, a lot better than Dicker, Calderon and Harley.

But have been treated so appallingly.

If Gus didn't like these people, he should have sold them this summer, whatever the financial cost.

Awful treatment of professionals wanting to play in a short career.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So what, a stupid red card or 2. Countless players at clubs over the years have made this mistake. Ashley Barnes lives on the edge in this respect.

Both were good last season when they played. In fact, a lot better than Dicker, Calderon and Harley.

But have been treated so appallingly.

If Gus didn't like these people, he should have sold them this summer, whatever the financial cost.

Awful treatment of professionals wanting to play in a short career.

You can't sell a player under contract if he can't agree terms at another club. Would you take a cut in wages, if you still had 1 or 2 years of a contract to run??? That's why telling them they are not going to play, there in forcing their hands to find clubs if they want to play first team football, is a terrible way to treat a player, you signed on a contract. Less than a year ago in Vincelot's case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here