Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Hughes The Times "Hughton feels the heat"

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Must agree that after 60 plus minutes today, I was thinking just of this thread and tended to agree that for the first time since he came to the club, the players weren’t playing for Chris and the majority seemed to have downed tools...

For what it’s worth, I think that’s a disgrace, you play for the club and for the fans and for yourself. That today was not good enough on any level.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I feel sorry for the clearly talented Bissouma and Bernardo, Duffy (who should have been made captain ages ago) is at the end of his tether. Where do we go from here?

I’m not sure Bernardo & Bissouma are in the same class as Duffy.

Bernardo has been pretty good, but defensively a bit suspect. Bissouma is raw and there is talent there but in a match situation for us I don’t think he’s been that good at all. Very little shots on target, assists etc... he needs a lot of work

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't shoot the messenger but...............an old bloke from Bexhill on the train on the way home told me that March is fully fit, trained all week and wasn't in the sqaud today because he has fallen out, big time, with Hughton.

I'm afraid if you're from the east of the county like I am, you will know only too well that old blokes from Bexhill who 'know something' can, on occasion, know what they're talking about. That, coupled with today's performance, leads me to the conclusion that I have to be inclined to believe that Matt Hughes' throw away paragraph in today's Times of London has some substance.

An old bloke - Bexhill

Already the story sounds dodgy. :lolol:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
On the basis of today’s performance, you’d have to say there could be something in the story. Abject.

You’d also have to say that if some players are blaming Hughton for their own shortcomings at this stage of the season, then they are absolute cocks.

Stay up (which is well within our ability) and then sort it out.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Have a feeling if he stays we will be relegated I wonder if TB has the same gut feeling. Summer recruitment was crap personally think Bissouma at the moment adds nothing and quickly fades, Kayal would be a better option, AJ hasn’t done anything to justify £17m bizarre signings.

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
On the basis of today’s performance, you’d have to say there could be something in the story. Abject.

You’d also have to say that if some players are blaming Hughton for their own shortcomings at this stage of the season, then they are absolute cocks.

Stay up (which is well within our ability) and then sort it out.

This. If any truth to it at all, you would think they'd have the professionalism not to have their stroppy defiance in the games with the best chances of points.

If we'd won today there would be plenty of runway ahead to make their feelings known.

Now, we as fans have no clue whether to expect the same apathy on Tuesday which will put us right in it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Have a feeling if he stays we will be relegated I wonder if TB has the same gut feeling. Summer recruitment was crap personally think Bissouma at the moment adds nothing and quickly fades, Kayal would be a better option, AJ hasn’t done anything to justify £17m bizarre signings.

Ali J has definitely become Ali G. What a waste of money. Hopeless. £17 million...MILLION!! I feel for Tony, I really do. I mean that is a lot of money in anyone's book.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
On reflection, I’m going to be optimistic and think the players didn’t down tools because of Hughton’s tactics. Although we had no idea what to do when we got in the box, they were putting in a shift until Bournemouth countered and knocked the stuffing out of them.

Second half, likewise, Albion looked determined enough until the gift of a second goal.

It really completely unravelled with the red card. That stupidly self-inflicted damage would be enough to expose the cracks in any squad. If any of them find Knockaert’s antics annoying (seems feasible) and consequently more or less gave up in frustration, that could break the team spirit there and then.

I suppose we will know by the attitude on Tuesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here