Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Hughes The Times "Hughton feels the heat"

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Interesting, wonder which players he could be referring to,

I could hazard a guess.

But the more candid members of the squad have said similar for three years and look at our form during that time.

Casual comments magnified into a non-story.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We're not very good at this whole "not losing" thing are we.

Maybe we should, I don't know, try to win?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Probably less likely to be bollocks now after that performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
While chris undoubtedly has the support & loyalty of most of the players. If i turned up to work every week & was told I'm good but the other team were better then maybe some weeks it wouldnt always motivate me to do my best (some it would & others I'd think- if i lose it doesn't really matter)

Mothy, I take it all back - think you might be right! Bloody hell...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Don't shoot the messenger but...............an old bloke from Bexhill on the train on the way home told me that March is fully fit, trained all week and wasn't in the sqaud today because he has fallen out, big time, with Hughton.

I'm afraid if you're from the east of the county like I am, you will know only too well that old blokes from Bexhill who 'know something' can, on occasion, know what they're talking about. That, coupled with today's performance, leads me to the conclusion that I have to be inclined to believe that Matt Hughes' throw away paragraph in today's Times of London has some substance.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don't shoot the messenger but...............an old bloke from Bexhill on the train on the way home told me that March is fully fit, trained all week and wasn't in the sqaud today because he has fallen out, big time, with Hughton.

I'm afraid if you're from the east of the county like I am, you will know only too well that old blokes from Bexhill who 'know something' can, on occasion, know what they're talking about. That, coupled with today's performance, leads me to the conclusion that I have to be inclined to believe that Matt Hughes' throw away paragraph in today's Times of London has some substance.

Given Naylor before the game indicated March was going to be back starting Tuesday might put some truth into this. I thought at the time it was a weird comment.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I don't think the players "played for the gaffer" at all today.

I'll go as far as to say that they played like they wanted him sacked.

Okay, do that when you've got enough points on the board if you want to prove a point - but this is the wrong time to send the club down... and if we did go down, CH would be the man to stay in the driving seat and bring us back up!

The team need to show some unity. I've not seen them so negative and lethargic for a long time.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I don't think the players "played for the gaffer" at all today.

I'll go as far as to say that they played like they wanted him sacked.

Okay, do that when you've got enough points on the board if you want to prove a point - but this is the wrong time to send the club down... and if we did go down, CH would be the man to stay in the driving seat and bring us back up!

The team need to show some unity. I've not seen them so negative and lethargic for a long time.

Obvious to me today that something 'aint right there/there's trouble at t' mill.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He clearly knew something. If you are Brighton, you simply cannot compete in this league unless absolutely everyone is pulling 100 cer cent in the same direction. Disunity will be exposed, as it has been today. These are huge games Brighton are not turning up in. I like and admire the bloke, but it appears Hughton may indeed have lost the dressing room for whatever reason. It might not even be his fault, but when it happens it's obvious, and usually terminal.

The widespread rumours of senior players asking for a change of approach.. after today, who now believes something along those lines happened?

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
We are very disappointing after last season

The loss of fit Gross and Josie has been very marked
Also the recruiting of misfit attackers has squandered millions

Not all the the Managers fault by a long way

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
It's plain to see that something has gone on behind the scenes that most of us are not privvy to.

We came into the season and played good football, there was even speculation of Albion being safe early doors after getting to 23points at a gallop.

Now look where we are, how has it come to this? The players are clearly not playing for Hughton, his tactics are woeful, defensive and negative. If players are now grumbling then who could blame them, as a player in the Premier League who wants to play like this, firstly away from home and now even at 'Fortress' Amex.

I feel sorry for the clearly talented Bissouma and Bernardo, Duffy (who should have been made captain ages ago) is at the end of his tether. Where do we go from here?

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
It's plain to see that something has gone on behind the scenes that most of us are not privvy to.

We came into the season and played good football, there was even speculation of Albion being safe early doors after getting to 23points at a gallop.

Now look where we are, how has it come to this? The players are clearly not playing for Hughton, his tactics are woeful, defensive and negative. If players are now grumbling then who could blame them, as a player in the Premier League who wants to play like this, firstly away from home and now even at 'Fortress' Amex.

I feel sorry for the clearly talented Bissouma and Bernardo, Duffy (who should have been made captain ages ago) is at the end of his tether. Where do we go from here?

Duffy as captain is a great shout. Afraid Lewis has not been at his best but clearly cares

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here