Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Matt Hancock.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
It doesn’t matter who said what to whom, the undisputed policy of this shocking govt was to allow untested people to be discharged into care homes, fact. Further, care homes residents and their families were told that they would not be admitted to hospital for any reason but simply “made comfortable” in their room. We had that call about my father in law who fortunately has survived thanks to the diligence of his care home staff and no thanks to Hancock, Johnson and the rest of them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The problem was Boris and co acted like the vast majority of the general public at the beginning and ignored early advice and acted as if it was just another flu variant..

there wasnt a single source or direction of advise, too easy to overlook actions were based on advice, just not what people think should have been done. our apparently now credible witness Cummings told us this, when he criticised the department and agencies controlling response that wouldn't do as he wanted.

They had just converted places like the O2 Arena and other big venues in every city into makeshift hospital around the country.

Did no one ever think. Let's use them as a half way house so to speak instead of releasing them on vulnerable Care Homes.

That's not a Rocket Science Idea !

After all they ended up not even using any of those venues at all.

i have heard there was a plan to have designated hospitals for covid, others to regular operations. it was resisted from within department as too disruptive to staff and patients, possibly with good reason that you'd shuffle infected around hospitals. theres a lot of good ideas with hindsight.

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Well, its hardly "hindsight" to let untested covid patients from hospitals straight into carehomes without expecting a catastrophic disaster on the most frail and vulnerable, is it.

I mean thats comically basic. As was the failure to lock borders down in March 2020. We're an ISLAND ffs. We should have had every advantage. Instead we're the worst in the world.

I pointed this out a while back but was told firmly by one of NSCs finest that we are a different to New Zealand or Australia. I didn't bother arguing on the definition of an island, or draw any link to government competence.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The OP says 'what would you have done?'. I would have told the truth about the situation.

As with Hillsborough, and numerous other public incidents - the best thing to do is tell the truth. It's the lies that make things so much worse, and end up causing bigger problems.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The OP says 'what would you have done?'. I would have told the truth about the situation.

As with Hillsborough, and numerous other public incidents - the best thing to do is tell the truth. It's the lies that make things so much worse, and end up causing bigger problems.

That's true.

Scotland had a lot of deaths as well but all along Nicola Sturgeon came out and said every day what she was doing. She conceded that she wouldn't get every decision correct but she was trying her best and if she got anything wrong that they would correct it immediately.

No country really got things 100 % correct but transparency is always the best policy

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes there have lies and more lies and if it was Labour it would be no different. I speak from a bit of knowledge on as Mrs LBG works in a local care home and in the early stages of Covid people were admitted and staff with no track and trace let alone testing. Now its all very simple with hindsight to give Hancock a kicking,but what you have done ? Nhs at the time short of beds let alone staff,ambulances waiting to get into a hospital with seriously sick people. PLEASE remember before you reply what would have done without HINDSIGHT ? :dunce:

Come off it. Repeatedly they said they would take new measures - 'next week'. The recent Indian variant mess happened after we restricted flight from India and asked people to self isolate - 'starting next week'. At every stage Boris has directed this like it's nothing, and made sure the economic 'safeguards' were put in place before the epidemiological.

You may be grieving and wringing your hands over the rough treatment your boy, Hancock, is receiving, but others are grieving over the avoidable death of a relative.

The most absurd joke is all the 'controlling the borders' bullshit. My brother works with asylum seekers and there are hundred of people arriving on the south coast now and it isn't making the newspapers. This shower of a government can't control anything, and there is no sign they have learned anything in the last year.

What would I have done? Close the borders a week before the last football was played. Compulsory masks (**** off with your lanyards - stay at home if you're ill); absolutely no discharging untested people to care homes (especially after it was clear that the old are at high risk of death). Anyway it doesn't matter what I would do, does it?

Another stupid thread. You got a month ban for starting a thread claiming covid is a hoax didn't you? Some never learn. Anything.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Please be careful giving credit to anyone but the Vaccine task force regarding the vaccine roll out. The very fact that No.10 and the Department of Health were kept far away from this project and that there were clear and accountable chains of command has led to its success. I know you said as much - but wanted to reiterate the point.

I have had this point made to me recently. I am happy to reiterate that the vaccine roll out is not a victory for the Johnson gang. It is a victory of the people inside the NHS who owned the process.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It doesn’t matter who said what to whom, the undisputed policy of this shocking govt was to allow untested people to be discharged into care homes, fact. Further, care homes residents and their families were told that they would not be admitted to hospital for any reason but simply “made comfortable” in their room. We had that call about my father in law who fortunately has survived thanks to the diligence of his care home staff and no thanks to Hancock, Johnson and the rest of them.

This is absolutely true. DNR's and refusal to treat old people for any reason, in hospital, was policy.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You know, you can make your point without bashing Labour (how on earth could you know how they would have handled it?) and every member of NSC. Sorry, but you come across as a bit of a raving ninny. Although you have clearly just got in from the pub, I don’t much care for your tone.
The bear pit is dead, act accordingly.

You come to that conclusion NOW? I would have thought the thread about Oswald Mosley would have tipped you off.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Please be careful giving credit to anyone but the Vaccine task force regarding the vaccine roll out. The very fact that No.10 and the Department of Health were kept far away from this project and that there were clear and accountable chains of command has led to its success. I know you said as much - but wanted to reiterate the point.

Who set up the Vaccine task force? Who provided the funding for accelerated research and pre-ordering numerous vaccine types at the earliest opportunity? Who appointed Kate Bingham? Who signs off on their decisions? There wouldn't be much of a rollout success if we didn't have enough vaccines ..

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-launches-vaccine-taskforce-to-combat-coronavirus

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/kate-bingham-appointed-chair-of-uk-vaccine-taskforce

And before some numpty comes along to completely misrepresent this post, I am not claiming HMG is above criticism in numerous areas ... just trying to add a little balance.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I have had this point made to me recently. I am happy to reiterate that the vaccine roll out is not a victory for the Johnson gang. It is a victory of the people inside the NHS who owned the process.

true, and they should own their other processes.

i wonder, how many would have died in hospital in March and April had they not been moved to care homes, and would that be an "acceptable" number.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Well, its hardly "hindsight" to let untested covid patients from hospitals straight into carehomes without expecting a catastrophic disaster on the most frail and vulnerable, is it.

I mean thats comically basic. As was the failure to lock borders down in March 2020. We're an ISLAND ffs. We should have had every advantage. Instead we're the worst in the world.

New Zealand ( group of islands ) and their PM Jacintha Arden got it right straight away. Why couldn't we????

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is a prime example of why this country is in such a state. Captured perfectly.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more. The OP claims his wife works in a care home so she would only be too well aware of what happened yet he is still trying to defend Hancock and the Government.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You come to that conclusion NOW? I would have thought the thread about Oswald Mosley would have tipped you off.

:)
Don’t think I saw that thread. Don’t remember noticing the OP before. He’ll be lethally hungover when he comes round this afternoon.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Who set up the Vaccine task force? Who provided the funding for accelerated research and pre-ordering numerous vaccine types at the earliest opportunity? Who appointed Kate Bingham? Who signs off on their decisions? There wouldn't be much of a rollout success if we didn't have enough vaccines ..

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-launches-vaccine-taskforce-to-combat-coronavirus

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/kate-bingham-appointed-chair-of-uk-vaccine-taskforce

And before some numpty comes along to completely misrepresent this post, I am not claiming HMG is above criticism in numerous areas ... just trying to add a little balance.

You do seem to only ever “add balance” on one side though :)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Thought I would kill 5 minutes by looking at the OPs recent history.

25 September 2020

Wake up,Covid is a government dream.

11th December 2020

Mrs LBG works in a care home and is regularly tested for CV19 last test Monday 7th Dec and was informed yesterday via text of a positive result which she forwarded onto me and i passed this on to my employer who sent me straight home. I took a CV19 test last night and await results up until then i had not installed the Track and Trace App but within 30 minutes of downloading it a message saying that i am in contact with a positive contact and telling me what i must do. I am or both of us are not to return to work until Dec 21st at the earliest. So two points shoild my test return as negative can i go back to work and what about the so called £500 off work payment apply for that of go for SSP ? Thanks.

So within two months, went from "Covid is a Government scam" to "How do I get money from the Government for COVID?"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
true, and they should own their other processes.

i wonder, how many would have died in hospital in March and April had they not been moved to care homes, and would that be an "acceptable" number.

That is not written or punctuated sufficiently well to make sense.

Would you mind explaining yourself a little more clearly?

It seems that you are suggesting the NHS should claim that they alone are responsible for the vaccines and they alone are responsible for sending people back to care homes to kill their fellow residents, last spring. Or did you mean something else? If my inference is correct your badly written sentences are absurd. The first point being the NHS itself itsn't claiming responsibility for anything. It is simply getting on with its job. It is HMG who are taking credit for the vaccines (and suggesting that if labour were in power Starmer would have shared more vaccines with the EU - which is palpably false if HMG is not in fact in charge of the vaccine roll out).

Apologies if I have misunderstood, and you are not after all attempting to stick up for HMG with whataboutery.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thought I would kill 5 minutes by looking at the OPs recent history.

25 September 2020

Wake up,Covid is a government dream.

11th December 2020

Mrs LBG works in a care home and is regularly tested for CV19 last test Monday 7th Dec and was informed yesterday via text of a positive result which she forwarded onto me and i passed this on to my employer who sent me straight home. I took a CV19 test last night and await results up until then i had not installed the Track and Trace App but within 30 minutes of downloading it a message saying that i am in contact with a positive contact and telling me what i must do. I am or both of us are not to return to work until Dec 21st at the earliest. So two points shoild my test return as negative can i go back to work and what about the so called £500 off work payment apply for that of go for SSP ? Thanks.

So within two months, went from "Covid is a Government scam" to "How do I get money from the Government for COVID?"

As I noted above he got a month ban for the first thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here