[Politics] Matt Hancock/Government Break the Law

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
For the record, what exactly are you objecting to in this contract? Are you saying that the test tubes were substandard? Or are you saying that they were overpriced? Or are you saying that the normal 2-month tender period was skipped? Or are you saying that it would be better not to have test tubes at all rather than have them from someone who knows the minister?

If they want to come up with stories of ministers who fed money to their cronies who gave nothing in return, or who supplied rubbish that did not work, or who charged ten times the market price, then I wish they would go ahead. I want to hear them,. But if all the story is that doctors and nurses were supplied with equipment, but it would have been better if they had done without because the supplier knew someone in the government, then I'm not interested. Tell us some proper news.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
After watching the hapless Marr my piss is boiling.
I can't stand to look at Hancocks face anymore, what a crock of shit that interview was and this country is going to let them all off the hook because when we are all back drinking, eating and shopping nobody will give a shit about what happened and how it was done, and they know it, that is why they are saying it will be discussed later.
His argument may have held some water if the PPE was of a decent standard and they got hold of enough to give some to care home workers and others.
I want these criminals held to account not least for the thousands of unnecessary deaths.
Marr has his hands tied due to BBC " Impartiality" rules, this combined with the moronic threats to " De-Fund" the BBC has left it unable to ask the pertinent questions we used to take for granted. So, combine this with the right wing hate rags obsession with distractions to protect the government we are left in the position whereby there is virtually no scrutiny or criticism of the corrupt morons now in charge...

Remember this from arch Moron Micheal Gove when asked about Cumming's eye exam drive... " He was wise to test his eyes by driving before undertaking a long journey.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Marr has his hands tied due to BBC " Impartiality" rules, this combined with the moronic threats to " De-Fund" the BBC has left it unable to ask the pertinent questions we used to take for granted. So, combine this with the right wing hate rags obsession with distractions to protect the government we are left in the position whereby there is virtually no scrutiny or criticism of the corrupt morons now in charge...

Remember this from arch Moron Micheal Gove when asked about Cumming's eye exam drive... " He was wise to test his eyes by driving before undertaking a long journey.

Yet another all too ready to band words about like corrupt, withoput any sort of evidence to back it up. Unless you are using the last para as evidence of cirruption . .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The same reason the great British public are quite happy to see someone like Philip Green swindle millions from pension funds and stash it off shore without paying a penny in tax but will get their knickers in a twist if Mr and Mrs Bloggs up the road are swindling a few more quid on their benefits than they should be getting.

It will never change and that is exactly what people like Johnson rely on

Absolutely this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yet another all too ready to band words about like corrupt, withoput any sort of evidence to back it up. Unless you are using the last para as evidence of cirruption . .

Do you not read the news....on the third or fourth page of the BBC.?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

b1d0321ad1594394b8a6fa856924fe6a197358a0.gifv

:drama:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

It all reminds me of Ken Kesey.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Good luck waiting for any verifiable evidence but at least I've nearly filled in my NSC outrage bingo card ..

Corrupt, Murdoch, Cummings, shameful, evil (Tories), Brexit, (Tory) scum, morons, privatisation, Daily Mail, BBC bias, thickos, selfish ..... disappointingly still waiting for Gammon and fascists.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Yes, I fully realise that, and as you say nobody is above the law. But that they didn't go through the correct (and possibly at the time, time-consuming) process doesn't necessarily mean that there was fraud. There was understandable panic to get this stuff bought, as was the case in other countries, so the temptation must have been incredible to cut corners -as it has turned out, this has been unlawful. Others are trying to turn their propaganda in the direction of accusing the government of giving their mates back-handers, and whist that might be true, no one as yet been able to fully state that a preferred competitor with the correct equipment at a better price for taxpayers was sidelined to help a mate offering a lesser service. As I recall, the government stated that they had over 9000 offers of help - to have sifted through all of those applications to ascertain whether they were all appropriate and value for taxpayer's money must have been a mammoth task, and it is quite posible that in the rush, the idea of waiting for quotes from several firms may well have been deemed as unfeasable. Not excusing something that is unlawful at all, just that at a time of genuine panic, these things happen.

Yes. It’s almost as if they were trying to do the right thing and act quickly, without using a time travel machine to see how it would pan out. How dare they. Imagine the absolute slating johnson would have got had the uk not secured millions of doses of the oxford caccine early doors. Or even if the vaccine was not approved, and he ‘wasted’ millions of taxpayer money. It was a gamble, it paid off. Hancocks evidently did not. Everything is easy with hindsight. We are in a pandemic, people panic, people trying to do the right thing may make a mistake. Maybe if some people took a step back and assessed the situation with a reasonable, unbiased mind....nope, forget it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Good luck waiting for any verifiable evidence but at least I've nearly filled in my NSC outrage bingo card ..

Corrupt, Murdoch, Cummings, shameful, evil (Tories), Brexit, (Tory) scum, morons, privatisation, Daily Mail, BBC bias, thickos, selfish ..... disappointingly still waiting for Gammon and fascists.

Don't fret -it won't be long . . .

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yes. It’s almost as if they were trying to do the right thing and act quickly, without using a time travel machine to see how it would pan out. How dare they. Imagine the absolute slating johnson would have got had the uk not secured millions of doses of the oxford caccine early doors. Or even if the vaccine was not approved, and he ‘wasted’ millions of taxpayer money. It was a gamble, it paid off. Hancocks evidently did not. Everything is easy with hindsight. We are in a pandemic, people panic, people trying to do the right thing may make a mistake. Maybe if some people took a step back and assessed the situation with a reasonable, unbiased mind....nope, forget it.

Probably best to avoid such common sense on here -not what they want to read . .

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Covid-19, the get-out-of-jail card that keeps on giving. Individuals, businesses and governments will be using the 'covid made us do it' excuse for as long as they can get away with it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

If only they’d taken any notice of Operation Cygnus in October 2016 discussing epidemics.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Thanks, That explains perfectly, why multi million pound contracts went to pest control companies with no experience and newly set up companies with hardly any money in the bank, but links to Tory ministers or Cummins, rather than established, experienced companies that were offering services.
Phew. I was beginning to think it was corruption, for a minute, like.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Yes, it’s a real shame we don’t have a legal system, an Official Opposition or any of the media sources I quoted in post 24

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports