Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Fryatt

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
A signing like Earnshaw would be a massive step back.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Earnshaw is 32, hardly drawing his pension yet. Scored goals at this level his whole career. I would be happy having him around. I seem to remember a lot of people slagging Upson's age off when we signed him. Slow, past it, donkey were words that came up a lot, at the time. How silly those comments look now.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Plus, I think I must be the only person that was there on Saturday that thinks Obika looks a very good prospect.
Proper goal-hanging, give me the ball now striker.

He'll score lots.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Agreed. But as we know, the 'second' striker is either going to have to play to the left of or right of Leo to accommodate the 4-3-3. That's where the problem lies, finding a striker who can fit that system.

Yeah I know.
Bit of a headache really.

2 strikers will get goals, but the current "Spanish" system is beautiful to be honest.

Catch 22.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
It is so long as midfield keeps contributing to the goals. I miss not having 2 proper strikers. Poor old Leo works his nuts off for very little reward sometimes. Hopefully Conway and CMS when fit, will be his supply line.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
It is so long as midfield keeps contributing to the goals. I miss not having 2 proper strikers. Poor old Leo works his nuts off for very little reward sometimes. Hopefully Conway and CMS when fit, will be his supply line.

Is a good point.

A lot of goals in La Liga come from midfield players.

I have even seen the Spanish national team line up without a striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here