Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender **SIGNED and LOANED to DERBY**

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And yet off the top of my head he was completely at fault for one of Chelsea’s goals at The Amex, gave away a penalty against Palace & should have been sent off against Huddersfield.

I think people let a good debut against Man.U & a goal against Palace cloud their judgment a bit.

I’m not binary thinking on Balogun, in that I must condemn or rave about him ... he’s hardly played any PL football.

I trust Potter to make the right call for us, and it won’t be as quickly as Balogun’s detractors hope.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Dunky off this summer........London club!

That's the 4th time in 4 summers.

Dunky loves to get around.

I heard it's Man United.

A friend of mine that doesn't support Albion told me on Friday that Dunk is off to United, I said that is the first I've heard.
He said Dunk had a meeting with United officials in Dubia last week.
I told my friend the only rumour I had read was Dunk off to Leicester.

I then asked my friend what he thought of Potter, he said " do you think he will come to Brighton? " :facepalm:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I’m not binary thinking on Balogun, in that I must condemn or rave about him ... he’s hardly played any PL football.

I trust Potter to make the right call for us, and it won’t be as quickly as Balogun’s detractors hope.

Think there is a good player in there if he can cut out the errors. Feel sorry for any other CBs as they are always going to find it hard to oust Dunk or Duffy.
Would suit a 3 at the back imo so may get a chance next season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Think there is a good player in there if he can cut out the errors. Feel sorry for any other CBs as they are always going to find it hard to oust Dunk or Duffy.
Would suit a 3 at the back imo so may get a chance next season.

Yes.
Sorry if picked up elsewhere, but is Clarke any good?

Aerially?
Pacey?
Comfortable on the ball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
- Brian Owen in the Argus has spoken to his Leicester source who insists Maguire isn't off to Man United.
And even if he was then Lewis Dunk isn't their target - James Tarkowski is.
https://twitter.com/Brian__Owen/status/1133053992001527809

- which means this story is perhaps premature (at least the role of Clarke in some billion pound transfer chain that is)
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/...s-harry-maguire-and-manchester-city-1-8942121

- let alone the consistently unreliable "transfer rumours" fellas, no doubt reading the excitement about Mr Duffy (senior) 's Facebook posts and getting the wrong end of the stick entirely.
https://twitter.com/LiveTransferNew/status/1132909014805823488

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Balogun - it seemed like he hardly played PL games, to be accused of that.

Balogun is bar tomkins the worst centre back I’ve seen since we got to the prem. Must have made double figure of errors in the short time he played. He won’t play again for us.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
And yet off the top of my head he was completely at fault for one of Chelsea’s goals at The Amex, gave away a penalty against Palace & should have been sent off against Huddersfield.

I think people let a good debut against Man.U & a goal against Palace cloud their judgment a bit.

Away to Bournemouth too. Home to arsenal
Too

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Balogun is bar tomkins the worst centre back I’ve seen since we got to the prem. Must have made double figure of errors in the short time he played. He won’t play again for us.

Not having that.

The Swansea chap, van der Hoorn, was comedy bad, in that 4-1 game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I heard it's Man United.

A friend of mine that doesn't support Albion told me on Friday that Dunk is off to United, I said that is the first I've heard.
He said Dunk had a meeting with United officials in Dubia last week.
I told my friend the only rumour I had read was Dunk off to Leicester.

I then asked my friend what he thought of Potter, he said " do you think he will come to Brighton? " :facepalm:

I think you can ignore that Utd rumour meeting must have been in lala land.....Dubia? :D

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Clarke and McBurnie you would be chuffed if in the championship.

Unsure if Prem level but like the fact both young .

Worth a risk

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Ha ! Yep. Dunk (L1 academy), Goldson (L1) Cook (L1 academy) and whilst we're at it Duffy (arse end of Champ).
Wish we'd overlooked that little lot.
3 of those we were in L1/L2 and the other the championship, so clearly not what I was saying.
I would be surprised if we buy L1 players and expect then to jump straight into the 1st team in the premier league.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Great to finally get this signing completed, but where does he fit, who does he replace?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Excellent. Most likely I suppose is Dunk going, maybe Balogun perhaps.

The club releasing an article intimating Dunk will be the next club captain suggests that they are confident he will be here come August.

I also doubt we are going to replace a first team regular and England international with a L1 defender (as highly rated as he may be). It's a huge step.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I don’t know a lot about Matt Clarke other than he was Pompey’s PPOTS for 18/19. To be a Potter target last season and this, he must be good on the floor, so I’m very hopeful about this. Not really seen enough of Balogun either TBH, but I assume someone has cast a slide rule over him and decided he is not good enough as back up because he might not have the ground ball skills to play out from the back as GP would like. Mind you, neither does Duffy. The biggest transformation I think I ever witnessed was AEA under Poyet, from a thug to a skilled player in a unit, it was great to watch, hopefully the new guy wearing Gus’s old tracksuits will be able to work similar magic....

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The club releasing an article intimating Dunk will be the next club captain suggests that they are confident he will be here come August.

I also doubt we are going to replace a first team regular and England international with a L1 defender (as highly rated as he may be). It's a huge step.

Did they release a statement? I must have missed that?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I hadn't seen that article. Hope so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here