Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matheus Franca

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Come on. This thread is nowhere near NSC transfer rumour standard.

Here is a translated quote:

“The summer transfer window for European football is about to open and, at Ninho do Urubu, the expectation is that offers will arrive for Matheus França. Flamengo was consulted by three English clubs recently - Brighton, Crystal Palace and Newcastle -, all from the Premier League.”

Here is a showreel:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
This is getting silly.

Would be nice if we could have a confirmed signing, even a bloody shirt reveal, just SOMETHING confirmed rather than these random links to players we may or may not be interested in.

It's June and we've signed João Pedro, Dahoud, Milner and probably a couple of Kiribati wonderkids that I've forgotten about.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It's June and we've signed João Pedro, Dahoud, Milner and probably a couple of Kiribati wonderkids that I've forgotten about.
It's the insufferable conjecture rather than a lack of action, 50+ players we have been 'linked with' in the past few weeks... It's absolutely insane. I really don't have the time to look up YouTube videos and get excited about another guy who's been labelled the Nicaraguan Messi who may or may not be signing. I swear we are the only PL team to not have a kit for next season yet as well!

I'm also aware this is very much a me problem but life is pretty shit without the football. At least the cricket is back tomorrow to take a bit of the edge off.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's the insufferable conjecture rather than a lack of action, 50+ players we have been 'linked with' in the past few weeks... It's absolutely insane. I really don't have the time to look up YouTube videos and get excited about another guy who's been labelled the Nicaraguan Messi who may or may not be signing. I swear we are the only PL team to not have a kit for next season yet as well!

I'm also aware this is very much a me problem but life is pretty shit without the football. At least the cricket is back tomorrow to take a bit of the edge off.

Price of finishing in the top 6, get linked with all and sundry with actually nothing tangible to show for it.

Difficult to get that excited about any of these rumours because there are so many and who knows which ones to believe. Different from the days that the only exciting player we could fantasise about all summer is Calleri.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
This is getting silly.

Would be nice if we could have a confirmed signing, even a bloody shirt reveal, just SOMETHING confirmed rather than these random links to players we may or may not be interested in.
Only a couple more months of this :thumbsup:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Personally, I love the rumours, knowing full well that the vast majority will lead to nothing. Back when I played Championship Manager, the off-season was always the most fun part.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks like Palace have got him.

Up to €30m though. Have they been looking at us, envious of our constant unearthing great South American talent and just over paid by about €20m?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Up to €30m though. Have they been looking at us, envious of our constant unearthing great South American talent and just over paid by about €20m?

Yea looks like it.

Big difference is we get them cheaper and maximise profit.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Buying up South American wonderkids?

That was so 2021.

The cool clubs, ie us, have now decamped to random European leagues to hoover up the talent.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Yes PL clubs are now going to South America and wildly over paying trying to get the player at source according to Tim Vickery. He’s saying most players are only ever a punt for the PL and paying those figures is ridiculous. Other clubs are clearly jealous of clubs like Brighton and of course they will wade in and destroy the market.

Dec 29, 2011
Yes PL clubs are now going to South America and wildly over paying trying to get the player at source according to Tim Vickery. He’s saying most players are only ever a punt for the PL and paying those figures is ridiculous. Other clubs are clearly jealous of clubs like Brighton and of course they will wade in and destroy the market.
We've had a fair few flops from South America, the difference is we only pay £2- £5m for a punt. Palace have just splurged THIRTY MILLION on this guy 😂

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Blimey. Very exciting signing for them. Have they got someone new in on their recruitment? They were after Mazilu too. Has someone hacked our computer?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Blimey. Very exciting signing for them. Have they got someone new in on their recruitment? They were after Mazilu too. Has someone hacked our computer?
It's the legendary Dougie Freedman. Apparently one of the best technical directors in the league and always un earth's these gems.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When you say "Has someone hacked our computer". do you actually mean "Does someone search twitter to see who we're linked with and then try and get in first"?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
When you say "Has someone hacked our computer". do you actually mean "Does someone search twitter to see who we're linked with and then try and get in first"?
Who's joined here lately from the CR and SE area?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here