Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matchday prices 2013/14 Cat A,B,C

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza, sorry coz this isn't your problem but to be clear on the old st price list we are zone D, this now appears to have been engulfed by W1C !

It could still be human error. That or the same 'price creep' which has seen the WSU wings disappear from a pricing perspective.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Have you got me on 'Ignore' Bozza? I've given you the explanation twice so far.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
It could still be human error. That or the same 'price creep' which has seen the WSU wings disappear from a pricing perspective.

No error, they have widened that central band of no concessions in central WSL !

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
No error, they have widened that central band of no concessions in central WSL !
If you look at the stadium ST price map you'll see that your block is divided in 2. You're obviously in the half with concessions. It could just be an error by the club not to have spotted this and that you will actually be entitled to concessionary cup prices too. I'd phone and ask if I were you. Your ST concession is correct though.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/st-pricelist-2013-14229-781306.pdf

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
If you look at the stadium ST price map you'll see that your block is divided in 2. You're obviously in the half with concessions. It could just be an error by the club not to have spotted this and that you will actually be entitled to concessionary cup prices too. I'd phone and ask if I were you. Your ST concession is correct though.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/documents/st-pricelist-2013-14229-781306.pdf

Thanks Ziggy, I'll give them a buzz, glass half empty and all that, I think I fear the worse.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Cheapest ticket effectively £26/£26.50, £2 cheaper than last year, yes, but only for a few opponents. The prices for the lucrative games are sky-high.

Oh yeah, don't forget that you also have to pay for the right to accumulate loyalty points now.

What next, the official website to go behind a pay-wall? Monthly licensing to wear anything with the club crest on in public? £1 for entry to the toilets?

Most clubs tier their tickets now. Trouble is, the changes will be beneficial to some but not others. It cost more for the club to hire shop staff than run a website, hence the new booking charges.

On another point, no game means more to me than the next as I go to watch the Albion, not the opposition!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As the club pay a licensing fee to the company providing the ticketing software and a fee is incurred for each and every ticket sold why should personal callers have the booking fee waived and the costs offset against the online booking fee which has been the case for the last 2 years ?

So it's just part of the ticket price then! The booking fee is just nonsense, each ticket costs £1 more than advertised.

The only reason to have a 'booking fee' is if there's a method that doesn't require one and others that do.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It's the WSM extension - 'the shelf'. I was surprised to see any prices against this area, as it's supposed to be for school parties and similar groups of kids with adult supervision.

similarly the student concession area which was going to be next to the away end has mysteriously vanished, i wouldn't be a bit surprised if they have been binned. 'Community stadium' , right.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Most clubs tier their tickets now. Trouble is, the changes will be beneficial to some but not others. It cost more for the club to hire shop staff than run a website, hence the new booking charges.

On another point, no game means more to me than the next as I go to watch the Albion, not the opposition!

its not the tiers, its the prices.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
similarly the student concession area which was going to be next to the away end has mysteriously vanished, i wouldn't be a bit surprised if they have been binned. 'Community stadium' , right.

To be fair I think the student concession areas was not going to be available for all games, only the less 'attractive' ones where there is likely to be spare capacity. As such regular prices do need to be illustrated. I guess the shelf could be the same - available to regular fans for some games, kids groups at other times.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

For a club that has two Universities next to it, the club do fck all for students.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Quite a lot of events charge a booking fee - most concerts and now sporting so nothing new at all

Different though, most concerts for example are a one off at a particular venue, which you can understand as a different promoters are involved.

This is a club with repeat customers with repeat events.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not all methods. Season tickets are free from booking fee and work out cheaper per game. Obviously,I realise that not all can have STs but it is an option. My own ST in East Upper works out at a touch over £27 per league match which is superb value for what I consider the best view in the stadium.
Gold members get 50p off per booking too and Platinum members even more.

Well obviously ST's don't have a booking fee per game! :facepalm:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Didn't there used to be a set transaction fee online last year, so you could buy many tickets with just a £2.00 fee but now it's £1.00 per ticket.

Was hoping to treat a few of the kids to the friendlies & Newport game but they don't look so cheap now (baring in mind these are kids who may or may not last the whole game anyway.)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Didn't there used to be a set transaction fee online last year, so you could buy many tickets with just a £2.00 fee but now it's £1.00 per ticket.

Was hoping to treat a few of the kids to the friendlies & Newport game but they don't look so cheap now (baring in mind these are kids who may or may not last the whole game anyway.)

Sorry to go OT slightly, but have the Newport prices been announced?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Not as far as I know.

I also suspect that the cheap "friendly" prices will not include transport.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
It's the WSM extension - 'the shelf'. I was surprised to see any prices against this area, as it's supposed to be for school parties and similar groups of kids with adult supervision.

Maybe the club have realised they can generate more money selling at £42 a ticket than letting schools use it and in fairness they are very good seats, hope im wrong though as this would be very short sighted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here