Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match Thread: Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wannabe Brighton & Hove Albion

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The thing is with Hinshelwood is he’s obviously nervous of f***ing up, everything is sideways and backwards going forward. Yet he’s done well defensively, good block and header on the retreat. Quite impressed overall. This is what pre-season is for!

Mitoma however… I don’t know but seems pocketed by Gusto for them.

Looking forward to seeing the alternate 11 in the second half.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Decent first 45 of the season. Conceded a pin ball goal and could have scored several ourselves. We are the much better side. I it is going to be interesting to see what our best side (starting vs luton) is. Especially if caicedo stays.

You would have to say
Dunk, pervis, mitoma, march, billy g, would be absolute shoe in. Gross always plays. Steele I expect.

So who makes up the rest of the side? Enciso, Pedro, Ferguson, welbz (looks sharp) Lallana, Mahmood, Veltman, Milner.

Nuts how good our squad is.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This has been very much worth staying up for :smile:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
From the ‘Who are you most excited for next season thread’

I think we’ve the European games to juggle we’ll see a couple of youth players given a chance to shine. I love the thought of one of them grabbing that chance and bursting on to the scene; especially Hinshelwood and his Brighton connections.

I’m not going to get carried away after 45 minutes of pre-season but I might be a f*cking genius.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very much so - I’ve got the Albion app video running on my phone at work and Bluetoothing it through the radio …. Commentary has a lot of silence in it I guess as he’s commentating on tv and not radio .. I keep checking if the streams gone down 😊 missing Jonny and Warren
The disposition of this match, combined with the commentary of Johnny and Warren, would turn it into the absolute abstract.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
If we're making most of our subs early in the 2nd half, the game is ours; our bench is much stronger. I'd llove to see Fergie, Enciso, Pedro, Veltman and Ayari come on and stick a fork in Chelsea.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Dahoud, van Hecke and Welbeck the standouts for me that first half. Hinshelwood has done well, Mitoma frustratingly seems to keep running into traffic.

Seems much higher intensity than the usual pre-season affair. Let’s see the lineup second half.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Mo D looks incredible. Gonna be better than maccer.

Van hecke excellent . Improved.

Weirdly I'm seeing hinsh different to most on here, all over the shop defensively and getting done by chilwell every time.
Gross has also been caught out by Sterling a couple of times on the right - every time when our attack breaks down and they counter us. It will happen now and again with the way we play - nothing to do with the individual players.

He’s not even a full back is he? Think he’s been superb and love the fact he’s mixed it a couple of times too.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Dahoud, van Hecke and Welbeck the standouts for me that first half. Hinshelwood has done well, Mitoma frustratingly seems to keep running into traffic.

Seems much higher intensity than the usual pre-season affair. Let’s see the lineup second half.
Dahoud’s long passing is generally something we don’t have, except for Dunk, but he has lost possession and caused Chelsea counter attacks a few times. The truth is it’s very early to say

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Mitoma started really well and I thought he would run riot but then he seemed to just get a little predictable when they doubled up on him like he did at times towards the end of last season. He’s just got to work on being better when he is crowded and when he works that out, he will be unplayable.

Still made our goal mind.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having worn the shirt to 5 a side the last two weeks the kit is fine in person. It's this camera angle more than anything.
And the fact that it looks like a miniature version of the faded pitch :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here