Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match Thread: Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wannabe Brighton & Hove Albion

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Has anyone found the first yellow card yet ? I can’t find a mention.
I’ve just been watching the full replay.

Seemed pretty clear to me. JPVH basically rugby tackled their player to stop him breaking. Around 51 mins on the clock. Ref played advantage then at the next stop in play (after a Chelsea foul) he pulled out the yellow.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The new kit is awful for colour blind fans. Struggled to both pick out players and distinguish teams at times.

The Albion played well though, even with ten men.
I said that at the start and I’m not colour blind.

I think you’ve spoken about this before on your podcast but as I said at the start of the match, for a product that is generally marketed brilliantly, it is amazing the Premier League can’t sort this out.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm not sure why Igor is in everyone's team just because he's new.

I'd say Dunk and Webster will start and if fit Lallana is more likely to start than Pedro.

De Zerbi has been great at introducing néw players but they all got phased in at the right times.
You're probably right. Hard to guess at this stage.
Igor - because he's experienced, left sided CB but yep - he'll need some time to bed in. And he's not going to the US.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I said that at the start and I’m not colour blind.

I think you’ve spoken about this before on your podcast but as I said at the start of the match, for a product that is generally marketed brilliantly, it is amazing the Premier League can’t sort this out.
The PL claim they have bespoke software to help them ensure that kit colours work for colourblind people. They also claim that they review all kit combinations to make sure there is no issue.

Those of us who are colourblind don’t believe them. They might have guidelines in place, but neither the PL nor the clubs pay anything more than lip service to it. Any colourblind person can pretty much within 5 seconds chose the (away) colours that should be worn in a game. Teams have 3 kits, and every time I’ve watch a game where the wrong choice of kit has been chosen, there is another kit the team(s) could have worn that wouldn’t have been a problem. Two games in the past 2 seasons it was impossible for me to distinguish the teams apart when play was at the other end, yet in both instances we had an alternative kit we could have worn that would have totally negated the issue. That’s what makes it annoying, spending money to attend a game that is unwatchable. I’m not sure other disabilities are given such short shrift.

dirtynine

May 1, 2009
Attended. Philly turned out. It was certainly a Chelsea “home” match but there were hundreds of Brighton supporters there which feels surreal to see here stateside. Enjoyed the fight back with 10 men. New away kit brings back good memories but it’s also a little jarring to see it paired with white shorts unlike a decade ago.
456255a5-f9b5-4a1a-ac5b-885473dfe455.jpeg

Tailgate was fun. The kids are still getting invested. Working on it / doing my best to embarrass them. :LOL:
f7bad51f-015b-4c51-acab-81dbf57694c3.jpeg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
. New away kit brings back good memories but it’s also a little jarring to see it paired with white shorts unlike a decade ago.

The mascots last night did have black shorts on, and the club shop is selling black as the away shorts, so I don't think last night's white will be what we see in the season proper, unless there's some sort of partial colour clash that needs avoiding.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So my team - today at least - for Luton is >>

Steele
Veltman, Dunk, Igor, Estupinan
Dahoud (Caicedo), Gross
March, Joao Pedro, Mitoma
Welbeck

Subs:
Verbruggen
JPVH
Milner
Webster
Gilmour
Enciso
Lallana
Adingra
Ferguson

Can't find room for Lamptey, Buonanotte, Undav, or Ayari.
(let alone any 1-2 future signings or 1-2 youngsters)
But hey we'll have injuries, players out of form etc. but thats decent depth right there.
All or nothing for Dahoud and Caicedo...

I like that you could play two completely different 11's and they'd both be decent:

Steele
Veltman
Webster
Dunk
Estupinian
Caicedo
Gilmour
March
Lallana
Mitoma
Welbeck

Verbruggen
Lamptey
JPVH
Igor
Milner
Dahoud
Gross
Enciso
Pedro
Adingra
Ferguson

With Buonanotte, Undav, Alzate, Ayari (and Moder if he's fit)on the bench for both. And that's not including Sarmiento (or Colwill).

You could also make a pretty decent Brits vs rest of world match as well.(Ferguson would qualify for team Brits through his mother)

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
You're probably right. Hard to guess at this stage.
Igor - because he's experienced, left sided CB but yep - he'll need some time to bed in. And he's not going to the US.
I just think it's such a difficult position to be ready for in a De Zerbi team. That said, it's nice to have a manager whom you trust to put people in if they've shown enough in training.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So my team - today at least - for Luton is >>

Steele
Veltman, Dunk, Igor, Estupinan
Dahoud (Caicedo), Gross
March, Joao Pedro, Mitoma
Welbeck

Subs:
Verbruggen
JPVH
Milner
Webster
Gilmour
Enciso
Lallana
Adingra
Ferguson

Can't find room for Lamptey, Buonanotte, Undav, or Ayari.
(let alone any 1-2 future signings or 1-2 youngsters)
But hey we'll have injuries, players out of form etc. but thats decent depth right there.
Very harsh not picking Wee Billy, he’ll be massive for us this season? Also - do we really need Veltman at right-back against Luton?

I’m predicting this now:

———————-Steele————————
Groß——-Webster —Dunk——Estupiñán
——-Gilmour———-Dahoud (Caicedo)—
March————Lallana——-——-Mitoma
—————-—Welbeck————————

Bench:
Stuffed to the brim with game changers

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Very harsh not picking Wee Billy, he’ll be massive for us this season? Also - do we really need Veltman at right-back against Luton?

I’m predicting this now:

———————-Steele————————
Groß——-Webster —Dunk——Estupiñán
——-Gilmour———-Dahoud (Caicedo)—
March————Lallana——-——-Mitoma
—————-—Welbeck————————

Bench:
Stuffed to the brim with game changers
For me being an Albion fan going into this season seems a bit like waking up on Xmas morning and seeing your presents under the tree and each one wrapped up looks like something you've asked for. There are no socks, slippers, pants or card games, digital golf, writing sets, or colouring books.
I can't wait to get into this season and see what we can do with this team. We've never had it so good.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here