Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***MATCH RATINGS vs ARSENAL***

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Mooy’s influence definitely waned second half. You do realise he was substituted at half time!

Thank you Big Nuts I have to confess that Mooy not actually being on the pitch second half probably had something to with it however I stand by my origional point his influence definitely waned second half

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Ryan 8
Scheletto 7
Burn 6
Dunk 8
Webster 7
Propper 6.5
Bissouma 8.5 motm
Gross 6
Mooy 6
Trossard 5
Maupay 7.5

Connolly 6
Stephens 6
March 7
Montoya 7
MacAllister 10

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I don't understand the negativity around March.
We were better when he came on and his quick thinking and delivery got us back into the match.

Every manager we have had has rated him above the more obvious talents at our disposal.
He must be doing something right..

For me he is consistently a a 6.5 -7.5 player.
I can't think of a single game where he has genuinely been a 5 or lower. Yet that is the type of score routinely dished out for him on here.

Ryan 7 -- made a couple of good saves in the first half
Schelotto 4.5 -- not really wanting a new contract. Plenty of effort, low on technique and decision-making
Webster 7.5 -- one heck of a challenge, and all else was good
Dunk 8 -- another stunner from the captain
Burn 4 -- Bernardo, please
Propper 6.5 -- 5 for the first half, 8 for the second
Bissouma 9.5 MotM -- the transformation in him is something else. The talent was so obviously there -- witness, the swiftness of Tequila -- but it's now combined with discipline and intelligence. I know the market will be down this summer, but I think we might get a BIG offer for him
Gross 4 -- why he's starting is beyond me. Alzate and/or Mac Allister, please
Mooy 5
Trossard 6 -- I thought he did a few good things
Maupay 8 -- an assist, a last minute goal, an incredible shift from Le Petit Shithouse copyright [MENTION=5238]Brian Fantana[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Subs:
March 5 -- two awful crosses, one good one
Montoya 6
Connolly 7 -- on for c20 minutes, two touches, the first awful, the second sublime
Stephens n/a -- one cracking tackle
Mac Allister 8 -- that feint, that pass. And all within a sixtieth of the time Connolly was on the pitch.

..Lets give Bissouma the full TEN he deserves. If he hadnt run himself into the ground and collapsed with a minute to go we would never have made the subsitution which lead to MacAllister being in the right spot to get his assist within 10 seconds of coming on :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Groß - 3. Can't remember him touching the ball meaningfully in open play. Dreadful set pieces. Drop him.

In the second half alone, he put in the pin point cross that Maupay hit at the keepers head.
Gross also put in an accurate corner (?) followed by 2 further open play beautiful crosses, all within the space of about 30 seconds.

Granted he didn't 'own' Arsenal, didn't run the game nor was he challenging for MotM, but come on, take the blinkers off for a second.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We were better when he came on and his quick thinking and delivery got us back into the match.

Every manager we have had has rated him above the more obvious talents at our disposal.

I can't think of a single game where he has genuinely been a 5 or lower. Yet that is the type of score routinely dished out for him on here.

I’m with you, I’m a Solly fan, offers us a lot including an excellent assist yesterday.

He does need to still work on his decision making though. If he could just improve that ever so slightly - cross when he should pass, pass when he should cross, shoot instead of passing etc - he really would be a heck of a player. It’s his biggest negative

Would still like him given a run at left back too at some point if we’re going to stick with 4 at the back. I really do think he could be excellent there. Pace, stamina, discipline, delivery - I really do think he could be a natural there.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ryan 7.5

Schelotto 6.5
Dunk 8
Webster 7
Burn 6

Trossard 5
Groß 5
Mooy 6
Pröpper 7.5
Bissouma 8.5

Maupay 8

March 6.5
Connolly 6
Montoya 6

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The squad say March is a different player in training, this period may give him a real confidence boost and we can see what the other players see behind closed doors.

We have far to many fans quick to jump on players backs at the Amex, I’ve seen the crowd turn the squad into nervous wrecks at times didn’t sense that yesterday.

It will never change though unfortunately.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Ryan 6 - His handling was like he was back to his pre-Roberts coaching of after we bought him.
Schelotto 5 - One good cross which should have been attacked but otherwise offered little.
Burn 6 - My definition of an average performance. Plenty of running but no contribution to attack.
Dunk 8 - His average performance is an 8, this was typical Dunk. Higher standards than many around him which is possibly a criticism of his leadership.
Webster 7 - Above average with a couple of good blocks which showed more defensive awareness than he has done previously this season.
Propper 6 - Bad in the first half but good toward the end. He needs more license to attack if we're going to stop being so dreadful to watch.
Bissouma 9 - Incredible performance. Showed all his energy, football intelligence, bite and desire. The best player on the pitch.
Gross 2 - I've always been a big fan, but he was crap. Poor deliveries, no involvement in open play at all. A passenger we can't afford.
Mooy 2 - A nothing player in our "system". Our "tactics" are to play players out of position and stitch them up. Especially Mooy, but he was bad.
Trossard 4 - Better than Gross and Mooy but also not used intelligently. Obviously a good player but hiding it from the world.
Maupay 7 - Took the goal well having had nothing all game. A foul on Leno but not an assault.

Subs
March 2 - For his involvement in Dunk's goal he gets a score. Woeful performance with justification, left wing back to right wing is bad tactics. But he's not a good player.
Connolly 5 - He gets boosted from a 4, which would have been running around only, because of the quality of the flicked pass into Maupay.
Stephens N/A - I don't know if he was actually on the pitch or not.
Montoya N/A - Likewise, I do not know if he was even there aside from one pass I remember.
Mac Allister 10 - On the pitch for 20 seconds and plays a pass none of our players had attempted all game. He's better than the rest and needs to start.

Potter 1 - He needs to wake up a little bit. The pudding is not a formation and his tactics do not get anything from any individuals. It's about time he gave some thought to playing his best players in a formation to best suit them. Why he insists on not getting the most out of the individuals is totally beyond me. He has more talent than he is using and it's extremely frustrating to watch.

There is an awful lot of utter nonsense in this that presumably just reflects your pre-judgement of various players, rather than what we all actually watched.

Using you very first rating as a benchmark, let’s assume your ‘did okay’ score is a 5? Maybe even a 6, as you’ve scored Ryan 6 despite being critical of his handling.

Connolly apparently scored 4, purely for ‘running around’ - contributing literally nothing, bar his excellent last-gasp touch (for which you award him an extra point).

Yet somehow Groß, Mooy and March are each worth TWO?

Mooy isn’t very good, in my opinion - but why doesn’t he get four points for ‘running around’? He huffed and puffed and won a stack of cheap free kicks.

Groß never shirks effort. Poor game by his standards, but two? Really?

And two for March is just agenda-driven bile, barely worthy of comment. Given that your scoring system awards him an extra point for the excellent assist that got us back in the game, you’ve otherwise scored him ONE. Despite putting in a shift, in three different positions. Where are his four points for ‘running around’? All deducted because he overhit two crosses?

Weird how some Albion ‘supporters’ hate on a few chosen Albion players. Embarrassing, frankly.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

He’s got the ability, suspect in training he’s picking out players every other ball for goals. The frustration thing is that in matches he’s just lacking that final mental belief that he belongs there. He got into some great positions yesterday, the best of which he over hit his cross which went for a throw. Think that is the frustration with him and the low marks, of course not every ball can be on the money, but for fans to believe in him just need to see that final piece in the jigsaw that in really does deep down believe in himself. Just my impressive, but I feel he’s still got a bit of the kid from Lewes who can’t quite believe he’s out there.

Whilst i agree with everyones ratings on Trossard and his virtual animosity it should be as clear as an empty pint glass that Potter is not playing him in the right position. When he first joined us and played wide he was a much better player and both his goals have come when playing there. However i think that as long as GP insists on playing Gross then the situation will remain.

Re schelleto, personally i see him as a great Tryer, rather than a great player. His bursting runs down the wing would probably scare the shiite out of a Championship team and he would probably flourish there.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Reading some of those ratings I’m thinking maybe supporting the Albion isn’t for you, many of us live for these moments and IMO all the players on the pitch deserve huge credit. Every player contributed towards that win they never gave up.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Whilst i agree with everyones ratings on Trossard and his virtual animosity it should be as clear as an empty pint glass that Potter is not playing him in the right position. When he first joined us and played wide he was a much better player and both his goals have come when playing there. However i think that as long as GP insists on playing Gross then the situation will remain.

Re schelleto, personally i see him as a great Tryer, rather than a great player. His bursting runs down the wing would probably scare the shiite out of a Championship team and he would probably flourish there.

I love a good ‘played in the wrong position’ debate, where is Locadia and Jahanbakhsh when you need them!?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He’s got the ability, suspect in training he’s picking out players every other ball for goals. The frustration thing is that in matches he’s just lacking that final mental belief that he belongs there. He got into some great positions yesterday, the best of which he over hit his cross which went for a throw. Think that is the frustration with him and the low marks, of course not every ball can be on the money, but for fans to believe in him just need to see that final piece in the jigsaw that in really does deep down believe in himself. Just my impressive, but I feel he’s still got a bit of the kid from Lewes who can’t quite believe he’s out there.

Yeah he definitely gets marked down by lots of our fans purely because he isn't a world beater in my opinion.
His early promise has given way to a consistently good professional footballer.
The reality is that instead of the dashing winger we all thought he was going to become, he has become a bloody good left wing-back and a fine utility player.

Plenty on here were imploring for Knocky to be retained and would have driven March to any championship club.
There were far more genuine 3s, 4s and 5s from Knocky in the Prem than from Solly.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Agree, I think he is a class player and should be on the left. I'd bring in MacAlister to start, deserves on his limited but effective contribution yesterday and for the 10 minutes against Wolves when he literally took control. I'd drop both Mooy and Gross. Mooy doesn't look like he can get involved and the only thing of real note was his shot at the end of the first half. Gross is way off the pace. Corners were diabolical as were most of our crosses from the many free kicks we won. Against Utd, may be start with Connolly as well.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Nice to see almost universal agreement that Bissouma was the best on the pitch yesterday. Combined with his form in the games immediately before the break he's starting to look like the sort of player you'd just HATE to play against. Gets himself everywhere, he's not afraid to get stuck in, he's quick and leggy and he'll even attempt a forward pass or a shot from distance, which many of our players seem reluctant to do.

I wonder if Bissouma alongside Stephens as anchor, with Lexi Mac in front might be an option worth exploring in time. I still like Gross and though he frustrated at times yesterday I don't think he had a terrible game. But Mooy looked just like he did before the break, not involved in the way we know he can be. However in his defence he did take a few games to click into gear after he signed for us, so perhaps he'll find that form again in a couple of games time.

Whilst I see no reason to drop Propper and am definitely a big Davy fan, I would just like to see what a midfield of Biss and Stephens with the Mac in front would look like. Feels like they might be a good gel

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Nice to see almost universal agreement that Bissouma was the best on the pitch yesterday. Combined with his form in the games immediately before the break he's starting to look like the sort of player you'd just HATE to play against. Gets himself everywhere, he's not afraid to get stuck in, he's quick and leggy and he'll even attempt a forward pass or a shot from distance, which many of our players seem reluctant to do.

I wonder if Bissouma alongside Stephens as anchor, with Lexi Mac in front might be an option worth exploring in time. I still like Gross and though he frustrated at times yesterday I don't think he had a terrible game. But Mooy looked just like he did before the break, not involved in the way we know he can be. However in his defence he did take a few games to click into gear after he signed for us, so perhaps he'll find that form again in a couple of games time.

Whilst I see no reason to drop Propper and am definitely a big Davy fan, I would just like to see what a midfield of Biss and Stephens with the Mac in front would look like. Feels like they might be a good gel
Hughton tried Biss & Stephens and it clearly didn’t work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here