Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match day Travel Survey

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Per car is good as it encourages car sharing which is a good thing. However so many people now walk up to the P&R sites and use the service that something needs to be done to address that. Banning them from using the service seems churlish.
Thats a difficult one, Park & Ride means just that Park AND Ride, not one or the other. In reality though as you say it seems churlish to simply ban the "riders" from using it. If they live nearby either Mill Road or the Racecourse, how else do they get to the Amex with out a somewhat convuluted journey into the city centre by bus, and then out again?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Thats a difficult one, Park & Ride means just that Park AND Ride, not one or the other. In reality though as you say it seems churlish to simply ban the "riders" from using it. If they live nearby either Mill Road or the Racecourse, how else do they get to the Amex with out a somewhat convuluted journey into the city centre by bus, and then out again?
But his point is valid. Do we really want people driving a few hundred yards (and taking up spaces from people who travel from afar), just so they can say they've 'parked'?

I live in Fiveways and often used to walk down and get the P & R bus from Mithras House. More room!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
But his point is valid. Do we really want people driving a few hundred yards (and taking up spaces from people who travel from afar), just so they can say they've 'parked'?

I live in Fiveways and often used to walk down and get the P & R bus from Mithras House. More room!
Is the 25 bus too busy for you? lol.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Why should they be able to park in Coldean & Moulsecoomb? People in those zones already plan family occasions around match days to allow for visitors parking. There is Hollingbury & Hollingdean that are currently zone free and not far to walk or bus.
my rd tax says why cant i park there.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I’d start by withdrawing free travel from away fans and non-STH’s. Making them pay directly for travel ought to reduce what the club has to pay. I appreciate that this would have some implementation issues.
However, thousands attending Old Trafford use the tram system and have to purchase tickets.
Doubt club can remove from away fans as be open to providing inferior service for same pricing.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I did the survey - and then when this became obvious I deleted my cookies and did it again - using that only text box to make a few observations.

The main one being, if they removed/charge for Park & Ride, the already far from good near-stadium parking will just become even worse. The scramble for tickets in the first place, the unpredictable access times, the shambolic post-match leaving, the lack of capacity and any alternatives etc... At the moment, we pay 6 travel 'subsidies' and buy parking at £15 a match so it is not a cheap option, but with 4-6 of us traveling together from deepest West Sussex with trains / buses not being a viable alternative, it just about works. If they upset that by putting more pressure on the limited capacity it is going to be a serious spanner in the works for us.
Hang on - so you submitted the survey twice - like voting twice? Ok let me set my bot up..........

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Doubt club can remove from away fans as be open to providing inferior service for same pricing.
No such ‘same pricing’ exists. Take a category ‘A’ home game, north stand tickets sell for £46. Visitors in the south stand however, £30. Again, I find a lot of your observations completely unfathomable.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I don't get a survey (as, I guess, I'm not as season ticket holder) but I would be disappointed if the travel subsidy were removed. I use it on the buses and trains every time I go.

It would make going by car more likely for me as I would face charges however I got there, but with more people the car would not be so expensive. Encouraging car travel is not sensible for the club, surely?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I meant car tax but same thing
Ok so if your car tax entitles you to park anywhere then go park your car outside Buckingham Palace or on Parliament Square. All you have to do is explain to the police officers your car tax means you can park anywhere you like.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
No such ‘same pricing’ exists. Take a category ‘A’ home game, north stand tickets sell for £46. Visitors in the south stand however, £30. Again, I find a lot of your observations completely unfathomable.
I don't know away fans pricing as never sit there do you? If away fans dont get travel thrown in them when they dont sell out and the club use part of away section for home fans wont that complicate some home fans have no travel included?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I don't know away fans pricing as never sit there do you? If away fans dont get travel thrown in them when they dont sell out and the club use part of away section for home fans wont that complicate some home fans have no travel included?
All Premier League away tickets are capped at £30, regardless of what section of the ground they're in.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I don't get a survey (as, I guess, I'm not as season ticket holder) but I would be disappointed if the travel subsidy were removed. I use it on the buses and trains every time I go.(y)

It would make going by car more likely for me as I would face charges however I got there, but with more people the car would not be so expensive. Encouraging car travel is not sensible for the club, surely?
I received one and I am an Albion+ member.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
my rd tax says why cant i park there.
I assume by 'rd tax' you mean road tax? If so it's nothing to do with 'road tax'. I don't have a car & I don't drive, so I have no vested interest. Controlled parking zones are edging out further & further & the council are making a lot of money from it. People in the CPZ's in Coldean & Moulsecoomb are given their permits for free, to use on matchdays. Home supporters know they can't park in the CPZ's.
I'm confused whether you get a train or drive as you seem to take an unhealthy interest in the flaws of both. There are places to park in Hollingbury, Hollingdean & as @dazzer6666 pointed out, Woodingdean. If you want 'door to stadium' get a bloody taxi, at least if that's not to your liking you can moan at the actual taxi company and you have a few to choose from!! 🤦‍♀️

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Can people get infractions for periodic 'subtle trolling'? I can't help but think the semi final is going to be called off due to 'fog'. Cycling to the ground is the only thing that has been left off the long list of 'Amex experience' issues. I guess it would be poor to suggest to kick cyclists off their bikes!
To those of you reading this who haven't got a clue what I'm talking about, don't worry! To those that do know what I'm talking about... am I the only one who's thinking the same? 🤷‍♀️:unsure:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I can't be bothered to trawl through the previous posts, so apologies if I'm repeating someone.

My request would be to have a facility whereby I could book the Mill Road Park and Ride in advance, meaning that I wouldn't need to get there 3 hours in advance.
I'd be happy to pay a fee as a commitment to use it. It would allow me to have an extra hour and a half at home, arriving 90 mins before kick-off.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I can't be bothered to trawl through the previous posts, so apologies if I'm repeating someone.

My request would be to have a facility whereby I could book the Mill Road Park and Ride in advance, meaning that I wouldn't need to get there 3 hours in advance.
I'd be happy to pay a fee as a commitment to use it. It would allow me to have an extra hour and a half at home, arriving 90 mins before kick-off.
Might be worth researching seagull travel drop off points convenient to you with parking.

We normally get picked up 1.5 hours before KO and get to the Amex around a hour before the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here