Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match day Travel Survey

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Started going downhill before that when Mithras House site was closed and not replaced.

Could be. I'm over t'other side so it's the bendy buses I noticed.

If the free travel subsidy was dropped we would just get a base service for matchdays at the Amex at Falmer. The service wouldn't be able to cope in all honesty, with 4, 4 carriage trains an hour through there, very poor IMO if the club decide to drop the travel subsidy.
Agreed. Also, how the f*** will they check tickets, would be mental.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Train is my choice, but frankly its absolutely shit, shitter than the worst BL Allagro with eleventy70 people in it and having to push it half the way there.

It's not the clubs fault the trains are a worldwide embarrassment. It is the clubs problem, and IF they're paying anything, it need to improve

the sad fact is, the stadium is in one of the least practical locations it could be, whilst still being in what can loosely be considered 'Brighton & Hove'

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Train is my choice, but frankly its absolutely shit, shitter than the worst BL Allagro with eleventy70 people in it and having to push it half the way there.

It's not the clubs fault the trains are a worldwide embarrassment. It is the clubs problem, and IF they're paying anything, it need to improve

the sad fact is, the stadium is in one of the least practical locations it could be, whilst still being in what can loosely be considered 'Brighton & Hove'
I’ve had to get the train pre/post match from Lewes the last few games after not doing so for a couple of seasons. It’s been absolutely fine, very much to my surprise.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I'm not a STH, so it didn't ask if it would effect my chance of renewing. What the most stand out things for me in the survey were the mention of people without cars using the P&R (I don't use P&R) and whether I'd arrive earlier or leave later if there was somewhere covered outside to eat and drink. If I'd have to spend at least £5 bus fare, or do a 40 min walk, I'll spend the money on bus fare rather than a pie. It's a very odd survey.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Just had email from the club to complete their Travel Survey.

They are basically floating the idea of removing free P&R or free local travel.
I never received the survey was it only targetted randomly?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Seems a stitch up after renewal to increase cost via back door i.e. no subsidised travel. However, doubt many will demand a refund and not renew as a result.

If subsidised travel stops going through stn barriers will be utter chaos. Im shocked. Dissapointed angry club treat fans with this disrespect.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seems a stitch up after renewal to increase cost via back door i.e. no subsidised travel. However, doubt many will demand a refund and not renew as a result.

If subsidised travel stops going through stn barriers will be utter chaos. Im shocked. Dissapointed angry club treat fans with this disrespect.
It’s a survey, not a decision 🙄

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I'm guessing that they can't start charging separately for the travel for next season as the renewal for 23/24 already mentions 'Inclusive travel to all men's first-team home league matches on rail and bus from across Sussex within our matchday travel zone'
Or just reduce travel zone even more squeeze most out get around that.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
It does appear that they are looking to drop the subsidised travel and make people pay for whatever service they choose.

I pretty much use every mode of transport throughout the season, depending on who i am going with, being a midweek game, if i am boozing or have to leave sharpish etc.

But to regularly get from Beeding to the Amex, the train + bus cost about £11 return. This would push me towards Seagulls travel at £20 return which would be quicker and more direct, unless i wanted to get there earlier or hang around after for a few.

The other option is park and ride, which looks like it would costs anywhere between £4 and £10.

There wasnt an option to say you would be willing to pay for park and ride, but only if the service improved. So i was left to have no option but to say no i wouldn't be willing to pay.

If the subsidised travel is costing them too much, maybe they should increase ticket prices to cover it as the whole point of the stadium being out of town was that it had sustainable travel, which is why the cost to get there should be in the ticket cost.

I appreciate that some people do not use any of the travel options, such as cyclists/walkers and people who pay to park etc. But i would think 60-70% use the current inclusive travel options.

But if you make people pay, you are more likely to increase traffic at the AMEX and surrounding areas.

They stopped us parking in Moulsecoomb and Coldean after a few seasons, because the locals complained about those 19/26 days of the year where people who pay road tax parked on the public roads they pay tax for.
If any reduction goes ahead i think fans should be able to park anywhere i.e. inside locals parking zone of Coldean.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It’s a survey, not a decision 🙄
Yes the disappointing thing here is we have to wait a whole 12 months to find out why Chailey agrees with the decision which has definitely not been made already to reduce travel subsidy 😆

(Despite Mithras never getting replaced, the trains running less reliably than ever before, Bennett's field closing, the loss of the bendy buses, and all that with an increased capacity...)

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
So to help balance the books theyre seemingly considering dropping the free travel zone which hugely helps many thousands of fans get to and from the ground without extra costs on top of the ticket, whilst paying sickening sums of money to players and management staff. Football at the top level is bloody depressing sometimes

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I’ve had to get the train pre/post match from Lewes the last few games after not doing so for a couple of seasons. It’s been absolutely fine, very much to my surprise.
I only manage to go to home games a couple of times a season, but I've never had any particular issues getting the train to and from Lewes.
Compared to the sort of TOTAL BULLSHIT that TPE throw at me on a daily basis, it's a miracle of modern transport planning.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
While I don't use the P&R I thought it was interesting that the paying option (up to £10) was on a per person basis, not a per vehicle basis, so £50 if you have 5 people in the car. No doubt this was to catch the walk ups.

I'm fully expecting free travel to be limited to trains between Brighton and Lewes and scheduled buses in the local area, with those using P&R having to pay, as existing car park uses do.

Whether this brings about a reduction in ticket prices we will wait and see, but I'm not expecting any reduction.
Ifsay travel Haywards H to Falmer you wont save much only with subsidy from Brighton to Falmer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes the disappointing thing here is we have to wait a whole 12 months to find out why Chailey agrees with the decision which has definitely not been made already to reduce travel subsidy 😆

(Despite Mithras never getting replaced, the trains running less reliably than ever before, Bennett's field closing, the loss of the bendy buses, and all that with an increased capacity...)
Is the Barberbot banned then ? :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here