[Football] Match day thread England vs Croatia

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very rarely have I seen a side looking less like scoring than Croatia. Like all tournaments doesnt get competitive until quarters

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Dull match, good result but I find some of the England 'support' so appallingly embarrassing that it sapped most of the enthusiasm from me. The booing of any opposing team's national anthem has to stop for a start.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The problem is that the group winners face a last 16 clash against a heavyweight (probably Portugal).
Such a cruel prospect.
It could well work out that we would have been better off drawing today.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Dull match, good result but I find some of the England 'support' so appallingly embarrassing that it sapped most of the enthusiasm from me. The booing of any opposing team's national anthem has to stop for a start.

As cringeworthy as it is motivational for the opposition.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
great start.

The boys did well and looked very dangerous that first 20.

Good to see the haters still out in the cold.

Fun times

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's no problem. They were booing England for taking a knee too so it's all fair. What a wonderful game it us when you can boo both sides before a ball is kicked!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
You can see the Croatia are a team at the end of an era. They will probably get through the group as it’s so weak but they’ll crash out in the next round. If Southgate picks that team against decent opposition, England will lose comfortably.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hahahahahaha so many dicks so much humble pie.

Negative dick bingo:

At the World Cup we lost to the first decent team we played.. (in the semi finals?!!)

TICK - that’s that one crossed off already after we outclass the World Cup finalists again. Get in there - well done lads.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
great start.

The boys did well and looked very dangerous that first 20.

Good to see the haters still out in the cold.

Fun times

Exactly - **** em they ain’t got a clue about being a football supporter. Huge start. Huge result. Huge performance. So comfortable. Get the **** in!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Just built a Lambretta engine and mowed the lawn, did I miss anything ?

All in a day? What engine was it? Recall reboring my TV175 to 200 and the flywheel cotter-pin kept shearing afterwards.

You missed a reasonable game with a better result. Southgate went for the safe option. 8 fancy the team will be a bit more extrovert as the competition progresses.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The two sides that I think are def better than England are France & Belgium . If England can avoid them , they have as good a chance as any at getting to the final .

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Hahahahahaha so many dicks so much humble pie.

Negative dick bingo:

At the World Cup we lost to the first decent team we played.. (in the semi finals?!!)

TICK - that’s that one crossed off already after we outclass the World Cup finalists again. Get in there - well done lads.

Here's another as we work towards a full house:

'Not seen anything to suggest we can win the Euros.'

That's after our first game, and literally before even half the teams in the tournament have kicked a ball in anger :lol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
All in a day? What engine was it? Recall reboring my TV175 to 200 and the flywheel cotter-pin kept shearing afterwards.

You missed a reasonable game with a better result. Southgate went for the safe option. 8 fancy the team will be a bit more extrovert as the competition progresses.

This ones a bit trick, reed valve, RD400 yamaha conrod, stroked crank and a yamaha rd350 piston . . .lots of mucking about with shims and spacers to get the port timing and compression/squish right. Should be good for 80mph. More to the point cruise at 60 all day and actually get somewhere, prefereably other than work.

Saw the goal, nive pass, good finish, got there just in time, 1/4 second later and he would have got clattered. Saw a few dodgy back passes too.

F&B do look good, I wouldn't fancy our chances against Italy either . . . . . Was always going to be cagey today, what little I did see, Croatia looked poor.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
The problem is that the group winners face a last 16 clash against a heavyweight (probably Portugal).
Such a cruel prospect.
It could well work out that we would have been better off drawing today.

Indeed...Think 2nd in our group play 2nd from Spains group (Poland, Sweden or Slovakia)

Winner of the group plays either France, Germany or Portugal ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports