Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I prefer watching the Albion but that will do as a bland substitute :lolol:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I’ve been completely indifferent to the Euros until now. Only just got back in from work. Couldn’t even see the match.

Hey! We WON!!!

Mojo fully charged. Let’s do this.

It’s coming home.
It’s coming home.
It’s coming…

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
might be in a minority here but I thought Southgate got it spot on, tactics, conditions, game management, subs. Kept it tight, high press and nullified the opposition.

If it was Jose Mourinho, people would say it was a masterclass

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
might be in a minority here but I thought Southgate got it spot on, tactics, conditions, game management, subs. Kept it tight, high press and nullified the opposition.

Mourinho is exactly what this game reminded me of

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
When it’s 29 degrees you can’t charge round like we do in February.

Did you hate that England win?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put your knife away, you clearly haven’t seen my posts on this thread

Do I have the same enthusiasm for England as the Albion? No, but Southgate got it right and again no I wasn’t thrilled by it but I was pleased :shrug:

I am waiting to see if we have progressed since the WC though, if we haven’t I’ll probably whinge like you did about the Albion last season. :lolol:

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Croatia look pretty average without Rakitic, although they still have some top players though but England contained them comfortably. It was a good team performance and I'm liking the team spirit that Southgate's created in this squad, which hopefully will come in useful against tougher tests to come.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Excellent from England. Composed, professional and mature. Managed the 90 perfectly in the heat - something we didn't do against Croatia in the World Cup.

Delighted for Raheem! And to do it at Wembley. Nothing better than the feeling when England win in a tournament. Come on!!!!!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Agreed. Southgate is an easy target but tactically he does the right things. Disappointed not to see Grealish but this is a tournament and hope he’ll be unleashed on the Jocks.

A well managed win and performance. Great result.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Croatia look pretty average without Rakitic, although they still have some top players though but England contained them comfortably. It was a good team performance and I'm liking the team spirit that Southgate's created in this squad, which hopefully will come in useful against tougher tests to come.

Agreed. Almost seige mentality off the back of the taking the knee malarkey. A bit like Mourinho likes to do. It should serve us well.

That's why I particularly liked Sterling's response to the ridiculous question he was asked in his post match interview.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Good, solid professional performance. Well done England. Nice start.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Agreed....Philips was outstanding and Mings was solid, which will upset a few on here.
There are some twats on this board.

There certainly are. I'd prefer Dunk to Mings any day but Mings didn't pick himself. That doesn't make Mings a bad person and he can't be accused of lacking effort. I'll support him 100% in this tournament.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I was very happy that Sterling scored after reading loads of comments about all the exciting young talent we’ve got coming through, but betting that Southgate would opt for the boring option of Sterling.

Then I spent the last half hour half hoping either Mings or Stones would make a catastrophic mistake…… bad fan.

I have no great admiration for Southgate, but he got it right….. like Potter on a good day, (which is most days:albion2:)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Impressed with Philips, good to see he listened and developed when at Wortley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I think we did ok from what I saw/heard - the challenge for us is likely to be in the Last 16 match - which as far as I can see is likely to be a "big" team wherever we finish in the group. That is going to be the real test....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here